• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

Downpour is very low key the closest silent hill got to being good again.
Yeah, Downpour was actually alright. Some interesting story concepts, a return to an actual open world town, and a good, non-Yamaoka soundtrack. Too bad about the monster designs though.

Sure it doesn't compare to SH2 or 3
or Shattered Memories
, but what does?

daveo42

Banned
So how has the podcast with Austin and Patrick been?

Both podcasts have been pretty good so far and a bit more in-depth on singular topics than most podcasts and both seem to bring a higher level of informed opinion to the table without being boring or condescending. It's good.

The NMS comments might rub some the wrong way this week tho...

Zaph

Is this the first time Dan's mentioned The Wrestler? Always wondered what he thought of the film's take on pro wrestling.

Johndoey

Banned
Everyone ignores Silent Hill 4 and it is deeply flawed but man there is some fantastic stuff in that game. The opening in particular is great.

strafer

I would love if Mary joined Giantbomb, or any female in general.

Could really use another gender.

But seeing how the chat behaves when there is a female guest on I feel if they had a permanent staff on it would be nucelar.

Zaph

Problem for Gamespot is that they can hire freelancers for reviews, re-writing pr, and keeping the database up to date, and still retain 95% of their audience.

BearPawB

Banned
Problem for Gamespot is that they can hire freelancers for reviews, re-writing pr, and keeping the database up to date, and still retain 95% of their audience.

Yep, I think everyone higher up realized:
No one watches these videos, so why do we spend money on them?
There are no differences between page views for freelancers and nonfreelancers, so why do we pay these people more?

And then the people working at gamespot who weren't let go saw the writing on the wall and realized it's only a matter of time.

Mary is now doing videos..for who? There isn't anyone left to do videos for.

imBask

Banned
Guys i'm from the future, here's what's going to happen

Jeff leaves for Gamespot
Alexa replaces him at Giantbomb
Dan leaves for Vice Gaming, gets murdered by Drake shortly after
Drake goes to prison but gets hired by Giantbomb and works from inside the prison
Greg Miller buys both Giantbomb and Gamespot, fires everyone and puts Portillo in charge

it's going to be a weird 6 months, brace yourself

Zaph

Yep, I think everyone higher up realized:
No one watches these videos, so why do we spend money on them?
There are no differences between page views for freelancers and nonfreelancers, so why do we pay these people more?

And then the people working at gamespot who weren't let go saw the writing on the wall and realized it's only a matter of time.

Mary is now doing videos..for who? There isn't anyone left to do videos for.

They just launched this Gamespot Studios thing which seems to be the type of feature Danny was pushing for more of, but the timing of Mafia 3 is a bit suspect. I bet it's only stuff they can get sponsored/co-marketed and not independent gaming documentaries.

I would love if Mary joined Giantbomb, or any female in general.

Could really use another gender.

But seeing how the chat behaves when there is a female guest on I feel if they had a permanent staff on it would be nucelar.

Mary at GB would be awesome. Would love for that to happen

I'd love Mary at Giant Bomb, but that would make her the third video producer at GB West. They might view that as overkill.

She could become a Drew type. Start bleeding over into the personalities side, and kinda stay there, still technically doing video, but largely doing other things. I wouldn't mind that at all.

What? Jeff Bakalar is not a giantbomb employee so he doesn't count.

And Alex doesn't know video stuff.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom