• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Strax

tumblr_no22n8n01g1uqbwajo2_250.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I had my old man moment because I can't understand how people watch extremely popular twitch streamers. I've been watching that stuff since JustinTV and I love watching Speedruns and I love less popular streams but the big streams it's like more than half of the stream is the broadcaster 'so and so thanks for subbing' 'welcome to the family, man' 'here's your prom offer code' 'we got a donation from xmonkeyboy84 and it says KappaKappa. KappaKappa to you too man. Can we get some Kappa love in the chat?'

It's great that stuff like AGDQ get so many donations now but at the same time, so many runs get overloaded by that stuff rather than the streamer actually talking about the game.

dogpowerd

Banned
I guess I had my old man moment because I can't understand how people watch extremely popular twitch streamers. I've been watching that stuff since JustinTV and I love watching Speedruns and I love less popular streams but the big streams it's like more than half of the stream is the broadcaster 'so and so thanks for subbing' 'welcome to the family, man' 'here's your prom offer code' 'we got a donation from xmonkeyboy84 and it says KappaKappa. KappaKappa to you too man. Can we get some Kappa love in the chat?'

It's great that stuff like AGDQ get so many donations now but at the same time, so many runs get overloaded by that stuff rather than the streamer actually talking about the game.

The whole Twitch thing was the first time I realised that I have aged out of current pop culture. It's not just that I don't like it its that I that I can't understand even in the most abstract sense why anyone would like it. This must be how my parents felt when they heard the music I was listening when I was fifteen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The whole Twitch thing was the first time I realised that I have aged out of current pop culture. It's not just that I don't like it its that I that I can't understand even in the most abstract sense why anyone would like it. This must be how my parents felt when they heard the music I was listening when I was fifteen.

Think about it this way.

Why do people keep sending giantbomb garbage for their mailbags?

kai3345

Banned

you watch giant bomb

they're practically the same thing

Don't entirely understand patreon but his salary would be $19k - production costs - employment benefits? And is it all going to him or is it for his team? Can it be said he's making a six figure salary and flush with amiibo and dota2 chests?

Lunar FC

Just got off and I have to be up for class in 6 hours. Hate life.

When do I get this avatar off, need something to keep me going.

Don't entirely understand patreon but his salary would be $19k - production costs - employment benefits? And is it all going to him or is it for his team? Can it be said he's making a six figure salary and flush with amiibo and dota2 chests?

He gets $19,000 a month and he's using that money to run Noclip. That includes paying himself and whoever else wants money (so at least a camera man), any expenses from traveling, other production related expenses, general business stuff etc.

Top Bottom