• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Movie production isn't as cheap as people think.

Especially if he wants to do anything that requires actual production.

19k a month might be a lot if he's an employee with no other overheads to consider.

Movie production isn't as cheap as people think.

Especially if he wants to do anything that requires actual production.

19k a month might be a lot if he's an employee with no other overheads to consider.

He's still going to be banking a fair bit every month though.

And fair play to him, he deserves it. Reap the rewards of good work.

Jintor

there's "lol u guys are being mysterious for jokes haha" and then there's "i just got out of work and people are speaking in god damn tongues"

Sakwoff

I'm really enjoying Danny's solo streaming/LP stuff. I normally don't even like this type of #content, but he's one of the very few that can make it work.

repeater

I think you're downplaying it a bit. It sounded like it would cause fights in the office and threats of "I'm done and leaving" from Brad. Who knew Mr. Sleepy could be so dramatic?
I mean, it wasn't said explicitly but it was pretty clear reading between the lines of what was said that this was what happened: Brad issued ultimatums to Jeff that it was either going to be him or Patrick/Austin. This explains all the longstanding rumours about Brad leaving. Jeff couldn't imagine not having Brad around after all this time, but being the nice guy he is, he also couldn't just leave Patrick and Austin in the cold, so he used his industry contacts to get Patrick a job at Kotaku and to make Vice start up a dedicated gaming site with Austin as the editor-in-chief.

It was also pretty heavily implied that Vinny and his family would soon be filing to legally adopt Dan.

To be perfectly clear, none of the above was even implied in the podcast. Patrick and Austin were referencing the "Brad is bad at games" meme and having some fun with it, that's all.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They had a good chunk talking about Brad being bad at games thing.
Got a timestamp? I'm so behind on regular podcasts...

I guess I had my old man moment because I can't understand how people watch extremely popular twitch streamers. I've been watching that stuff since JustinTV and I love watching Speedruns and I love less popular streams but the big streams it's like more than half of the stream is the broadcaster 'so and so thanks for subbing' 'welcome to the family, man' 'here's your prom offer code' 'we got a donation from xmonkeyboy84 and it says KappaKappa. KappaKappa to you too man. Can we get some Kappa love in the chat?'

It's great that stuff like AGDQ get so many donations now but at the same time, so many runs get overloaded by that stuff rather than the streamer actually talking about the game.
Had a moment this weekend going through some of the most popular youtube channels and my parents wanted me to explain the "phenomenon" and I was just like "No, I cannot explain to you why this 20 minute rant about what a friend of this youtuber did and why they have beef with this other channel has 5 million views in a day."

you watch giant bomb

they're practically the same thing
GB doesn't do this whole crowd interaction spiel that's basically the standard on Twitch at all.

blakep267

I'm watching he Sonic boom fire ice QL and I'm thinking that maybe if I was a kid this would actually look kinda fun. It doesn't look nearly as bad as the wiiu game

oti

Banned
I'm watching he Sonic boom fire ice QL and I'm thinking that maybe if I was a kid this would actually look kinda fun. It doesn't look nearly as bad as the wiiu game

Kids could do way worse these days. The amount of F2P trash kids play on their parent's tablets is terrible and I'm also kinda curious what AAA publishers wanna do about it in a few years.

Fooorrrkkllliiifftssssss

If Dan likes John Wick he should watch The Equalizer next.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Equalizer_(film)

It's basically Denzel on a justice rampage for 2 hours.

It's ok to be wrong, we're friends here (that movie is really good)!

Equalizer, Man on Fire and Collateral are all fine films. My favorite is Collateral though, the mood and atmosphere in that film(like many Michael Mann films) is something else.

Alexa just posted on Twitter that she's leaving Gamespot

Which is a shame, now all I know from GS is Mary, Peter and Mike.

"It ain't eassyyy, makin gamessss"

I don't know who made this but I love it too much.

Volotaire

I need a hot Jeff take on the Popplio evolution:

dartrix.png
torracat.png
brionne.png

So, has anybody settled on who's going to make the GB livestream thread? If nobody has dibs on it, I'd like to make it same as the other VR threads especially since I'll be here when it starts however, I don't think I'll be able to see the entire stream live like the previous ones but we'll see.

If you guys have any suggestions for the title, shoot'em up here and whichever title that gets mostly agreed upon is the one I'll choose.

Top Bottom