• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Maiorum

It is long but it's absolutely worth it. One of the best games of the past few years, period.

It's the closest any game has come to replicating the goofy freeform nature of actual tabletop D&D.

I should check it out. I think it was on sale a few days ago.

Even Drew played and liked it. There is no chance Doom won't win. This'll be the first year they work their way backwards cause it'll be so obvious what game wins.

What did Vinny/Alex/Jason think of Doom?

Johndoey

Banned
Overwatch is just whatever tbh, Doom is that realness.

Overwatch be on some Ozymandias shit, next year peeps be like "What was that Blizzard game?".

Plesiades

Dan... get ready to become John Wick
next year

header.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What did Vinny/Alex/Jason think of Doom?

It doesn't matter really. Doom has both Brad and Jeff. Nobody will win a fight against the combined forces of them. But I don't remember them talking about it.

Such a bummer. After GOAT Mario Maker some ok-ish shooter will win GOTY. 2016 = ��

You're a goat.

Oh, okay. Looks kinda bla....wait Starbreeze is making this? Also the team behind Sonic Boom? Now I don't know what to think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also, Sub-zero and Liu Kang are not cooler than a Xenomorph.

Sub-Zero is like the lamest geek in fighting game history. Sub-Zero is the vanilla midget of fighting games.. Sub-Zero is for children.

Johndoey

Banned
Sub-Zero has on demand ice swords and can cool any drink he's better than your fav tbh.
---
Doom 2016 managed to have one of the best silent protagonists ever created. It deserves nothing but adoration for that alone tbf.

dogpowerd

Banned
Yo Jeff if you're reading this enact plan give gears like 8 stars out of 5 to piss of PSVR guys

Are you kidding? Master Chief is probably standing over Jeff with a baseball bat while he writes the review to make sure he gives it a perfect score and appeases the Microsoft overlords Jeff made a blood oath with.

Zaph

I'm starting to think that Shenmue is not a good game

We're approaching the end and there's yet to be a single stand out moment or endearing quality.

The sequel better be a complete 180 or this entire industry needs burning down for the fuss it made over Shenmue 3.

Mr. F

Banned
Doom is pretty good.

But the duders overrate it.

I'm already over hearing about it. Conversation always grinds to a halt when Doom comes up and just becomes 5 mins of exclaiming "man. Mannnn!" "Dude, du-hu-hude that game. That game!!"

The only thing I can think of competing with it is The Witness, in terms of being a game that pretty much everyone got deep into. But given how early on that was Dooms impression is probably a lot stronger.

Top Bottom