• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

FStop7

Banned
Do you really want two guys who only just have the barest grasp of orbital mechanics explaining it to Dan Rykart

Dan and Kerbal would be some deer in the headlights shit.

Vinny and Alex would be trying to do delta-v calculations and Dan would be all "What is a cornucopia, anyway? Is there really a place I can go and buy a big horn looking thing stuffed with food? They don't sell that at Wal Mart! But it's all vegetables anyway, gross. Vegetables are like soccer, weak and European. No cool normal guys like Kurt Angle eat vegetables."

Anjin M

I don't think I made it more than a third of the way through Dark Souls III. I fell in love with the first game around the time Vinny did his Load our Last Souls playthrough. Then spent a ton of time with 2 but after finishing it had no desire to go back for the DLC. Bloodborne was cool but got halfway through and dropped it for a couple months before finally finishing it. I got consecutively more and more fatigued with each game, and III in particular just felt like a "Dark Souls: Greatest Hits Edition", don't think it was a bad game by any means but it was way too familiar to me.
This almost exactly describes my experience, except that I haven't even bought Dark Souls 3. I really like those games, but it is too much, too soon.

Mupod

I really liked Doom and even I think they are a little too smitten with it. Drew joined the fan club and he's not even at the good part yet! To me it really started coming together in Hell, to the point that going back to the earlier parts of the game feels boring.

Curious about a Gears 4 review although I will be holding off on the game until my new PC build. Some reviews were comparing it to Judgement which is weird considering Jeff's statements on Judgement and his impressions of Gears 4 on the podcast. I also just realized I bought that game for 8 dollars right before I moved, never played it, and forgot I own it.

And yeah that PSVR thread jesus christ. Sonygaf pls.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm super into the vibe/aesthetic this game is giving off so far, just wonder how the gameplay loop holds up & how long the story is.

justjim89

That right there was a more nuanced take on black on black crime than you'd hear from the news channels any day of the week. Maybe this game can do some good or say some important things.

Chuck

Still without luck
I only turned it on for two seconds, but Vinny needs to realize that this tiny picture in picture doesn't add anything.

Meguro

Banned
I'm really down with what Mafia 3 is doing in terms of story and presentation.
The gameplay?
Ehhhh, I hope it's serviceable enough to not be a bother.

Salarians

find baka

I'm really down with what Mafia 3 is doing in terms of story and presentation.
The gameplay?
Ehhhh, I hope it's serviceable enough to not be a bother.
Same. The stealth sequence they just did looked like a worse playing version of something from TLOU. I just hope the checkpointing isn't an issue.

I was literally typing a message about the high fidelity of the radio and how it did not sound right and kind of ruined the era vibe and then Vinny said it.

Edit:

The radio in this cut scene sounds much more realistic.

Top Bottom