• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

If I'm understanding this correctly, the entire Endurance Run is recorded. Where's our opportunity to annoy with them how they're playing it wrong?

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm... I guess that means that potentially all the episodes are already up on the server but just not published?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Are premium downloads absolute shit for anyone else lately? I have pretty good internet speed, and none of my other downloads go this slow, whether it's steam, xbl, or PSN. I usually like to download a video so I can watch it at the best quality, but for a couple months now, speeds are pretty unbearable. For example, I'm trying to download the Shenmue episode...oh it'll be done in about....11 to 18 hours.

pizzacat

Banned
instead of making fun of tiamats kinks how about the fact that gb shot themselves in the foot

18.png

the head shaped foot

the best part is that they already recorded the whole thing so there is nothing we can do
And yet there's a 120% chance that the comment sections for each episode will still be filled with people yelling essay-length "tips" at them.

Now if any of those commenters could access the morphogenetic field...

Mrg8523-

Watching the Shenmue Endurance Run made me finally go back and watch the Deadly Premonition ones. Should I watch all of one and then watch the other or should I alternate as the episodes were released?

Anjin M

God Eater 2 QL convinced me to check out God Eater: Resurrection sometime (but to also maybe not check out GE2)

I was hoping that game might be a way in to Monster Hunter-like games, but it looks so bad. :(

Watching the Shenmue Endurance Run made me finally go back and watch the Deadly Premonition ones. Should I watch all of one and then watch the other or should I alternate as the episodes were released?

I haven't watched either, but I can't imagine trying to interleave them. I know that's how people watched it back in the day, though.

Tubobutts

I tried to alternate back when they were new and couldn't do it. I was only able to finish both after waiting for it to be finished and watching each one all the way through.

Megasoum

Banned
The funny thing with the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run is that I know that I watched one of the runs almost to the end (like 90% of the episodes) but I can't remember which one it was lol... I think it was Jeff and Vinny but not sure.

LiK

Yea, the videos are probably all uploaded and scheduled to release each day. That's pretty good. I might just wait for a week of stuff to be out so I can have something to watch while I clean.

Chuck

Still without luck
God dammit Lunar, you bet weasler, I was extra right!!!

You're getting the uke avatar for this month as well.

4L4qLfo.gif

The panel was eh to alright, great announcements though. We've been talking here for a while how much sense it makes for Dan to move and I'm glad he's going to do so. Really happy for the dude. I feel for Jeff with the upcoming MPP's though..

foXMM9z.gif

The return to an Endurance Run with Shenmue is just perfect especially with 3 being a reality now. This is off to a great start, love the games. I just wish Jeff was in'em as well because I enjoy listening to why he hates something.

so should I wait for all the episodes to drop, or do it as they come out

Are you a glutton for punishment?

I'd say alternate.

Would watch

Goddamn it, I was in the middle of making something like this haha. Amazing.

e: The thread on the gaming side about the endurance run though...

KKtnljc.gif

I really want them to get to the end of Shenmue 2, see what fucking happens, and then suddenly understand why the hell people wanted a sequel so fervently for over a decade

I really want them to get to the end of Shenmue 2, see what fucking happens, and then suddenly understand why the hell people wanted a sequel so fervently for over a decade

Having replayed both last year, the part immediately prior to the part you mention is actually really long and I can't wait to see their reaction to that...across two, maybe three episodes.

Jeez, and the episode of
listening to tapes.

sikkinixx

I'm sad Dan is leaving GBWest but he was fun with Vinny and a good offsetting force to Alex's I'm-only-happy-when-it-rains attitude. I think Vinny Alex and Bakalar have enough ability to carry serious talk so Dan's dan-ness will work.

West though is a bit worrying. If Jason isn't on it's really just a two man conversation as Drew is usually pretty quiet manning the board. And I'm already cringing for the inevitable "THEY NEED TO HIRE A MINORITY OR ELSE THEY ARE SEXIST RACISTS" outrage that will rise up for their next hire. Dan and Jason were outstanding fits for the company. Austin was a great hire for the written portion of the site, though I didn't like him on the podcast, and brought a more serious journalistic angle to the site that Patrick had left vacant. Hopefully their next hire fits in just as well.

But really GB lives and dies with Jeff for me so as long as he is on the bombast and does dumb videos I'm all in.

Rlan

The "Lost Footage" was the first time I had noticed Dan's little bald spot. Looked like if he grew his hair out a bit you'd not be able to see it at all, but I can see why he'd just get rid of it.

I do hope that Demo Disc Derby's continue. It's been a while since the team's been split. I hope either East or West continue to make them. They're my favourite shows along with Game Tapes and Ranking of Fighters.

Seems like the panel was a little middling from the reactions here but I appreciate them trying new stuff. Having some production behind it seems like a cool addition and I love some good announcement hype

Top Bottom