• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

tumblr_mxmn7trwRO1qeuiqyo2_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Tempest is such a dope fucking arcade game. One of the best ever. I'd love to have a cabinet of it but it's unfortunately notorious for being one of the most finicky cabinets ever.

I wonder why the framerates in the Switch trailer looked so awful

Like, worse than 30 awful. I'd rather see fake smooth gameplay than that.

That said, I think the switch is cool and the chance of playing splatoon without that fucking awful wii u tablet is exciting enough for me to consider one. don't really care about the portability. just need the controller to not feel awful.

That said, I think the switch is cool and the chance of playing splatoon without that fucking awful wii u tablet is exciting enough for me to consider one. don't really care about the portability. just need the controller to not feel awful.

I haven't watched it since this morning on my phone, but I don't remember any terrible framerate. Are you confusing Zelda's bullet time archery for poor framerate? Because I've seen that complaint.

Tagyhag

I was told Zelda's bow bullet time looks like that.

I hope it's not like that in the final game, I've never heard of bad framerate slo-mo.

I haven't watched it since this morning on my phone, but I don't remember any terrible framerate. Are you confusing Zelda's bullet time archery for poor framerate? Because I've seen that complaint.

I was told Zelda's bow bullet time looks like that.

I hope it's not like that in the final game, I've never heard of bad framerate slo-mo.

Yeah, upon a rewatch I guess it looks okay. Breath of the Wild definitely looking choppy though.

Jintor

The only thing I'm iffy on with the switch really is battery life. The 3ds is already horrendous - what is a half-home system going to be like?

I did see atlus on that slide going around but who knows what that means

That collage with all the devs supporting Switch? That's the reason I'm curious.

Although another reason I like the concept of Switch is that I'll finally get to play all of those handheld titles I couldn't bear to play on said handhelds. There's Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc. It's a dream come true!

I thought about it and I'm pretty sure the only reason I call them that is the Aussie desire to shorten the hell out of everything

What other words do Australians inexplicably shorten?

I did see atlus on that slide going around but who knows what that means

From IGN:
"We’re excited to be supporting the Nintendo Switch and believe the games we publish are a perfect fit for the portable nature of the console." - Atlus representative

Take that as you will.

Jintor

What other words do Australians inexplicably shorten?

I just pulled this list from somewhere and choose the terms i might reasonably hear at some point sitting in a law firm in Sydney.

G'day, footy, cuppa, maccas, arvo, biccy, devo, servo, bottle-o, postie, garbo, barbie, aggro, beut, bikey, smoko, ciggie, derro, mozzie, preggers, sickie, super (for superannuation), woolies

I just pulled this list from somewhere and choose the terms i might reasonably hear at some point sitting in a law firm in Sydney.

G'day, footy, cuppa, maccas, arvo, biccy, devo, servo, bottle-o, postie, garbo, barbie, aggro, beut, bikey, smoko, ciggie, derro, mozzie, preggers, sickie, super (for superannuation), woolies

jeezy creezy

chogidogs

So I've been craving a modern open-world game since they played Mafia 3. But since I can't justify buying that game full price I decided to check my backlog.

Watch Dogs! Surprisingly solid so far. Plus there's still a bunch of people playing online. I'm actually enjoying Assassin's Creed-esque Multi-player. Feels very satisfying fooling a dude you are AI.

People should bring back that mechanic.

Maiorum

I've never played Hitman before. I assume it's not always this incomprehensible and baffling?

It's an elusive target, so the game gives you no information apart from the briefing video at the start. Normally, you can set how easy/hard you want the missions to be- objective markers, hitman vision, etc.

It's an elusive target, so the game gives you no information apart from the briefing video at the start. Normally, you can set how easy/hard you want the missions to be- objective markers, hitman vision, etc.

I wonder if I'd be any good at this game. It seems like every time Brad opens a door, he's somehow committed a crime that is immediately noticed. I guess this is based on the whole Hitman Absolution thing where taking someone's uniform makes you invisible except to other people wearing the same uniform, who immediately mark you as a fraud?

(I have never played a Hitman game)

Top Bottom