• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Hjod

Banned
I've tried to find the ER of Until Dawn on their Youtube channel, can't find it. Anyone know where I can find it?

Meguro

Banned
The point of an Endurance Run is to release a video every single day.
Otherwise it'd just be a different feature under a different name.

The point of an Endurance Run is to release a video every single day.
Otherwise it'd just be a different feature under a different name.

ER's have always been Monday to Friday.

How long is Shenmue anyway? I know next to nothing about those games other then sailors, QTE's and you might be the guy from Virtua Fighter

Meneses

Shenmue isn't super long, it will depend on how much time they spend doing side stuff (which in the first game is basically Arcade / Saturn games and capsule machines).

The dialogue and load times will possibly throw it around the 20-ish hour range, I would say.

I've definitely turned a corner on the BF1 beta. Wasn't having fun at all, but now that I'm focusing on just staying near the most heavily contested flags, I'm having a blast. I always kind of forget how to play Battlefield games for maximum enjoyment if I'm away for too long.

Jothel

Fun fact: I live in Yokosuka - where Shenmue is set, haven't got round to watching it yet but will be interesting to see if they tried to emulate the city propert or not.

LiK

Fun fact: I live in Yokosuka - where Shenmue is set, haven't got round to watching it yet but will be interesting to see if they tried to emulate the city propert or not.

Might be different since the game takes place in early 80's.

zeshakag

Holy fuck, an endurance run, and of SHENMUE! AHH!!

I had to leave the panel early yesterday because of a stupidly scheduled fantasy football draft. Did they announce this yesterday? I was around long enough where they sort-of-basically announced that Dan is staying in NYC to be part of GBE after the Mario Party Party is complete.

I think I fucked up by playing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest on Normal. I'm steamrolling almost all of these missions first try. Awakening on Hard was a nearly perfectly tuned difficulty but people talked a big game about Conquest so I bumped it down. Still good though.

Guess Who

Banned
There's someone at Kotaku who thinks that the new Berserk anime looks good, so Alexa isn't even the craziest anime fan in game writing.

>insert that screencap of kotaku where the same author wrote two articles about how "flowers of evil is boring" and "sword art online is the smartest anime in years" here<

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There's someone at Kotaku who thinks that the new Berserk anime looks good, so Alexa isn't even the craziest anime fan in game writing.

Define "good".

maxresdefault.jpg

>insert that screencap of kotaku where the same author wrote two articles about how "flowers of evil is boring" and "sword art online is the smartest anime in years" here<

I want to say "this is why it's okay to let hot takes cool down a bit first" but i seem to remember them saying good things about season 2 too

listen man, if you're into sister-fucking, there are shows out there that don't come with the baggage of also having to watch SAO

Nishastra

Banned
Is it me or is their setup wonky? I've never seen Shenmue hitch on loading like it is in that first episode.
I mean, they're playing it on a Dreamcast that's at the point where it only works while upside-down. They'll be lucky to have it survive through the whole game.

PaxRumble was fine, as always a damn fucking mess mixed in with some fun. I doubt I'd watch it though if it wasn't for the GB guys being there.

i watched the first few episodes of attack on titan and that dumb blonde kid was always crying and the main character is always screaming

and i watch this and i see that the dumb blonde kid is STILL always crying and the main character is always screaming

This made me laugh way harder than it should. I still love it though, I will say however that I love the world and setting much more than the characters.

Dan is heading to the airport.
LusAsUL.png

TraBuch

Banned
I want to say "this is why it's okay to let hot takes cool down a bit first" but i seem to remember them saying good things about season 2 too

listen man, if you're into sister-fucking, there are shows out there that don't come with the baggage of also having to watch SAO
I know I watch Monogatari for the incestuous toothbrush scenes.

Curufinwe

I only discovered today the latest DLC for Rocket League was free so I'm back playing it again. This time three are three trophies you have to play online for to get items.

So probably a dumb question as I've followed Jeff and GB since the start, but I guess I missed this somewhere: is Jeff the boss/ceo/whatever? Like does he sign everybody's checks or did things change when CBS bought them out? I've wondered for years.

hamchan

So probably a dumb question as I've followed Jeff and GB since the start, but I guess I missed this somewhere: is Jeff the boss/ceo/whatever? Like does he sign everybody's checks or did things change when CBS bought them out? I've wondered for years.

I assume Jeff is now like a team leader or manager of the Giant Bomb division and still has to apply to the higher ups or finance department to get approval for stuff.

Cheques are probably dealt with by a payroll officer in HR.

FStop7

Banned
Hitman is SO GOOD. I spent 12 hours playing it yesterday. Maybe more. I hit level 20 on Paris. 18 on Sapienza. I've completed most of the challenges. There are some really cool ways to kill the targets in Paris. And I started bringing unlocks from the later chapters back to the earlier ones. Like I took the exploding phone into Sapienza and tossed it at Caruso's feet as he was visiting his mother's grave. Right at the peak of his dramatic speech. I capped the result, I should upload it.

justjim89

Hitman is SO GOOD. I spent 12 hours playing it yesterday. Maybe more. I hit level 20 on Paris. 18 on Sapienza. I've completed most of the challenges. There are some really cool ways to kill the targets in Paris. And I started bringing unlocks from the later chapters back to the earlier ones. Like I took the exploding phone into Sapienza and tossed it at Caruso's feet as he was visiting his mother's grave. Right at the peak of his dramatic speech. I capped the result, I should upload it.

Hitman is probably my GOTY so far. Got mastery level 20 in Bangkok today, and got a nice SO, SA run in the process. It's so great and I'm glad it's getting as much love as it is on the site.

Top Bottom