• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Salarians

2550649-2477151477-iCMNt.gif

Switching gears since the content talk bums me out.

What games besides DOOM and Overwatch do we think make the top 10? The witness seems like it'll be one. Uncharted 4? Brad seems a strong proponent. I know 100% there are some games I'm forgetting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What games besides DOOM and Overwatch do we think make the top 10? The witness seems like it'll be one. Uncharted 4? Brad seems a strong proponent. I know 100% there are some games I'm forgetting.

Deus Ex will probably be in there. Somehow, some way, No Man's Sky will be in there because one person liked it or something.

Stardew Valley will definitely be in even if only Dan and Vinny played it.

LiK

INSIDE since most of them except for Jeff loved it.

Hitman for obvious reasons.

hamchan

Inside
Hitman
Stardew Valley if Dan has balls and fights for it
Hatsune Miku Project Diva X

Inside and Stardew Valley are locks.

If that one bombcast was any indication, Jeff might go pretty hard against Inside. Dude seemed like he was getting more pissed off at that game the longer that discussion went.

Doop

I keep forgetting Stardew Valley was this year. I have these vague memories of Dan fighting hard for it last year and I don't know why.

LiK

If that one bombcast was any indication, Jeff might go pretty hard against Inside. Dude seemed like he was getting more pissed off at that game the longer that discussion went.

I don't think he can fight it alone. He would need someone else to back him in order to keep it off the list. I don't see that happening.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could see Inside falling off after the Honeymoon phase is over. It just depends on the quality of games for the next 4 months. Which has some potential heavy hitters.

I kind of feel like that happened with Witness.

jaina

ok, this time it's my turn to chime in :)

Doom
Overwatch
Witness
Hitman
Stardew Valley
Superhot
No Man's Sky
Darkest Dungeon
Inside
Devil Daggers
Uncharted 4

still might jump in: Starbound, Dragon Quest Builders, Mafia III, Rez Infinite, Titanfall 2, South Park: TFBW

Has anyone besides Jeff played Mankind Divided to completion (== enjoyed a lot) ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
and that dumb nostalgia fps game might come out this year that they act like the gametrailersshenmue.gif guys over because remember bbs's

Meguro

Banned
I wonder if Austin really did record a passionate argument for a game to be used in GOTY.
I'd love to see what he would go to bat for this time.

derFeef

I expect Dishonored 2 to blow Deus Ex out of the water for me personally. Can't imagine any of the guys play and like it. Maybe Vinny or Dan?

As someone who has played a hell of a lot of Hearthstone, but has only touched WOW sparingly (got to Level 20 very quickly to get a free character in Hearthstone), I enjoy looking at Rorie's WOW videos to see where all the character cards came from - and the places too.

Everything has weird backstory I never knew about, and great character traits from the MMO match up with card abilities. I might finally look at the movie to see if there are more reference.

Everything about the Warcraft games seem great, but I have no urge to play them at all.

Tubobutts

As someone who has played a hell of a lot of Hearthstone, but has only touched WOW sparingly (got to Level 20 very quickly to get a free character in Hearthstone), I enjoy looking at Rorie's WOW videos to see where all the character cards came from - and the places too.

Everything has weird backstory I never knew about, and it is great that traits from the MMO match up with card abilities. I might finally look at the movie to see if there are more reference.

Everything about the Warcraft games seem great, but I have no urge to play them at all.
What you're saying is probably a pretty common experience at this point but as someone who has played Warcraft since they were RTS games everything you're saying is insane.

Meguro

Banned
someone on here said he isnt allowed to do it for games he played after leaving

but the level of bullshitting has said to me that he will bullshit that one into the top 10 somehow

The person who said that was Alex in the farewell stream.
Only things that were released during his tenure at GB are allowed IIRC.

Thank god pax is over, though does anyone have links to the JV videos Pat Baer shared during intermission? Or gifs of the pikachu with JV?

i would be pretty disappointed if it ended on their top 10 list. lots more better games this year.

I think Firewatch should be brought up in the Most Disappointing. It wouldn't win, obviously, but I don't think I've ever played a game with such a promising start and great world that fell off so so hard.

I feel like Vinny might get behind The Turing Test when (if) he plays it. Good in-depth story about AI... what it means to be human... what it means to be creative... what it means to be alive, tied together with a Portal-like puzzle game. It goes some interesting places with both gameplay and narrative evolving as it goes.

I hope PAX did not completely knock it off their radar.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I feel like Vinny might get behind The Turing Test when (if) he plays it. Good in-depth story about AI... what it means to be human... what it means to be creative... what it means to be alive, tied together with a Portal-like puzzle game. It goes some interesting places with both gameplay and narrative evolving as it goes.

I hope PAX did not completely knock it off their radar.

Yeah, I'm really interested to see that game. Hope they play it at some point.

Top Bottom