• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

mintyice

df55a683e8.jpg

Question answered

Mario Party Party 7 imminent? They just uploaded the original one for free to YouTube to entice people to get a Premium account while its on sale.

jaina

Mario Party Party 7 imminent? They just uploaded the original one for free to YouTube to entice people to get a Premium account while its on sale.

that's just the upload attempt from months ago finally going through :p

in all honesty: I don't mind, but the Best Of videos and illegal uploads should be enough for promotion. Hopefully they actually mention this free trial MPP on their social media channels

Scizzy

I agree that Alex/Dan will put up a real fight for Overwatch, but Brad's love of Doom will probably sweep Vinny/Drew/Jason to his side and Alex will fold.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm all for putting older premium videos or the start of a long series up for free to get people to subscribe. But Mario Party Party... I just don't...is the self harm Youtube audience just so big that this will help their numbers?

Santar

I'm pretty sure there was a launch stream of Jeff playing Halo 3, probably a Gamespot one judging by the date?
However no matter how much I've been searching I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere.
Don't suppose anybody know where it is by any chance?

I always enjoy launch streams of hardware and games, it's just something about them. Everythings new and exciting.

oh what, so now my premium sub is worth one less mario party party

fuck this website

Well they didn't upload the best Mario Party Party at least.

I'm all for putting older premium videos or the start of a long series up for free to get people to subscribe. But Mario Party Party... I just don't...is the self harm Youtube audience just so big that this will help their numbers?

There is no youtube audience for 2hr+ videos. If they took the time to edit it into half hour or ten minute chunks to release daily, it might matter. This is just about advertising premium.

I agree that Alex/Dan will put up a real fight for Overwatch, but Brad's love of Doom will probably sweep Vinny/Drew/Jason to his side and Alex will fold.

Jason will probably be on Overwatch's side

Vinny as well because Vinny has actually played(And seemingly enjoyed) overwatch

in all honesty: I don't mind, but the Best Of videos and illegal uploads should be enough for promotion. Hopefully they actually mention this free trial MPP on their social media channels

yeah I'm actually glad I don't have to download the video to easily watch it on stuff like consoles and not at all pissed if that wasn't already clear

Well they didn't upload the best Mario Party Party at least.

that's only because the best Mario Party Party was already free

Hasney

Jesus Christ, I just saw the Mario Party Party thumbnail on YouTube. Dan looks so much younger without the beard and with hair.

EDIT: Drew too for that matter.

LiK

Overwatch will be in Top 10 for sure. Jason bought all 3 versions. He's gonna fight for it. And Dan will back him up cuz he played a ton of it with his future wife. Everyone else enjoyed it so it'll be there.

pizzacat

Banned
With the way horde is laid out I'm thinking someone is going to play a lot of gears and fight for it

Unless they fuck shit up hard with the cards

I always expect Brad to start the show with, "Live from Studio G in San Francisco, it's The Giant Bombcast!" and I'm always let down. It's going to happen one day.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to tune in live, but that was decided for me because now the piece of shit live player doesn't work at all on Android! Good stuff.

bjork

so is he Giant Bomb's Ryu

No because Ryu always seemed like a really boring dude that just always trains in waterfalls. Drew has mentioned surfing, camping, that thing where he ran over buses, getting a pilot license. No SF character is as multifaceted as Drew. Twelve can shapeshift and even he isn't as cool, even if he took the shape of Drew.

I am in shock there has been six previous Mario Party Parties. I have a distinct recollection of about two of them. I must have wiped the other 4 totally from my mind. I am at peace.

I am in shock there has been six previous Mario Party Parties. I have a distinct recollection of about two of them. I must have wiped the other 4 totally from my mind. I am at peace.

I've found most of them to be really unremarkable. The "look how bad this game is, look how much we're not enjoying it!" shtick wore off quickly, although there have been two or three MP Parties that have been really hilarious and enjoyable.

1, 2, 4, and your first viewing of 5 are pretty great

somebody's an insufferable stick in the mud for most of 3 and 6 was the victim of a bad map choice

Top Bottom