• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

FStop7

Banned

I really love the game and can't wait to play the chapter, but this did get a laugh out of me:

“This is one of the toughest episodes yet. Not only do you have four targets, but from the moment you set foot in Colorado you’re on enemy ground. ‘Freedom Fighters’ is a key episode, which will add serious momentum to the story and set up an intriguing season finale for players.”

Dude, nobody cares about the off-brand spy movie plot. We care about blowing up scumbags with proximity rubber ducks then escaping while disguised as French maids.

imBask

Banned
These are two games that I wouldn't dare try to compare. No point! They're both incredible, and will be talked about for years to come.

It's unfortunate the GB guys didn't have stellar experiences with Witcher. It's really a landmark game, I think.

They all had 10000h to put into Doom and Mario Maker but they had "no time" to play Witcher 3 for 40h somehow

i'll never forgive them

imBask

Banned
Delete your GAF account.

I will never forgive them for shutting Brad down when he had the most legitimate argument around the table

He was arguing that the game had a terrible curation system and having to go on a webpage to find good levels in a game BASED AROUND CUSTOM LEVELS was stupid

Jeff's answer was "shut up", literally, and Mario Maker won. It will never not make me salty

TraBuch

Banned
Fuck. I'm at Best Buy and I forgot to print out my certificates and I can't remember my password on the BB site. Can I just go to check out and tell them to use my certificates? It must be in their system when they ask for my number and all that, right?

oti

Banned
I will never forgive them for shutting Brad down when he had the most legitimate argument around the table

He was arguing that the game had a terrible curation system and having to go on a webpage to find good levels in a game BASED AROUND CUSTOM LEVELS was stupid

Jeff's answer was "shut up", literally, and Mario Maker won. It will never not make me salty

Brad's argument was dumb.
Like most of his arguments during GOTY.

LiK

Fuck. I'm at Best Buy and I forgot to print out my certificates and I can't remember my password on the BB site. Can I just go to check out and tell them to use my certificates? It must be in their system when they ask for my number and all that, right?

doesn't hurt to ask but you should really remember your site password.

oti

Banned
image.php

image.php

Both Anime avatars, both defending Brad.
Coincidence? I think not.

They all had 10000h to put into Doom and Mario Maker but they had "no time" to play Witcher 3 for 40h somehow

i'll never forgive them

Witcher 3 is a fucking drag compared to the constant drip of entertainment that is Mario Maker. Especially when its shitty combat is so heavily emphasized.

Dude, nobody cares about the off-brand spy movie plot. We care about blowing up scumbags with proximity rubber ducks then escaping while disguised as French maids.

I wonder if they'll ever play Hitman 1 and discover that its story is about
how Agent 47 is actually Serpentor, ie a clone made out of a bunch of evil dudes and all of his targets in the game have been his five dads.

how Agent 47 is actually Serpentor, ie a clone made out of a bunch of evil dudes and all of his targets in the game have been his five dads.

that game is not fun to play these days. it was kind of rough even then.

kai3345

Banned

They definitely know. I think it was a bombcast (or maybe an early hitdan?) but they directly reference Serpentor.

Funnily enough I haven't spoiled myself the twist of Minerva's Den for all these years and yet I'm not interested in playing Bioshock 2 at all.

Jeff guesses the "twist" in the GOTY talks. It's nothing shocking or unexpected or even particularly original. Minerva's Den is good irrespective of any story gimmick. And hell, it's probably more enjoyable if you don't play Bioshock 2.

Does Shenmue control like crap or something?

Why are they struggling so much?

Know what a Dreamcast control looks like? You walk around using the directional pad with tank controls. Analog stick moves your head/camera. Run is on the trigger and it's a pedal in a driving game. The controls are...unique.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff guesses the "twist" in the GOTY talks. It's nothing shocking or unexpected or even particularly original. Minerva's Den is good irrespective of any story gimmick. And hell, it's probably more enjoyable if you don't play Bioshock 2.
Well then that's better than to read on a wiki what happens in Life is Strange and kick it off the list...

Top Bottom