• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
whatever man raiden is just a head in a jar
He's a head and robo spine son, check yo self.

I don't consider regressing Raiden to his pre-MGS2 Jack the ripper persona a positive change.

People call MGS2 Raiden whiney but he isn't, unlike Snake he isn't a (professional) soldier, so when presented with the situation on Big Shell and the typical MGS twists and pointless information withholding he reacts in a more visibly negative way, he gets frustrated. Or I'm projecting can't tell.

Oh god, oh god why do I care about this?
Now I'm having an existential crisis.

pizzacat

Banned
If there was someone who was actually good at fighting games at gb they would be able to explain to you why sfv is a bad fighting game that plays bad

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's a head and robo spine son, check yo self.

I don't consider regressing Raiden to his pre-MGS2 Jack the ripper persona a positive change.

People call MGS2 Raiden whiney but he isn't, unlike Snake he isn't a (professional) soldier, so when presented with the situation on Big Shell and the typical MGS twists and pointless information withholding he reacts in a more visibly negative way, he gets frustrated. Or I'm projecting can't tell.

Oh god, oh god why do I care about this?
Now I'm having an existential crisis.

image.php

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I have it, yet have to play it. No other to blame myself.
Wait, Michael Ironside is not back yet? ARGH!

Blacklist is as good as you want it to be. The game showers you in ammunition making even a no kill run pretty easy cause you get like 10 gas/stun shots and ammo around every corner. But if you restrict yourself a bit and don't just stun every enemy in sight and instead try to choke them out or sneak by it can be really, really fun.

pizzacat

Banned
Also this mgr meme has gone far enough. The music in it is bad, it's the template #2 for the type of game platinum is farting out these days so they themselves have ruined it for people who actually enjoyed it (those freaks). It turns Raiden into more of an idiot compared to mgs2 -> mgs4

Like Raiden is the biggest mishandle in the whole series and this spin off gaiden bullshit game is the worst thing about him even with this scene existing

Joeku

MGSV wishes it was half the game Blacklist was. Not in terms of landmass, but quality. Most will disagree with me, but c'est la vie.

Derfeef if you have it on PC I'll do the side stuff with you. Some of it you can only do co-op.

Also this mgr meme has gone far enough. The music in it is bad, it's the template #2 for the type of game platinum is farting out these days so they themselves have ruined it for people who actually enjoyed it (those freaks). It turns Raiden into more of an idiot compared to mgs2 -> mgs4

It's a legitimately good playing game though. Lower tier as far as Platinum mechanics are concerned but a fun romp that looks really pretty and is satisfying to play. The music is actually good but what really sells it is how the music changes as the battle crescendos towards the climax.

Platinum distilled the dumb absurdity of the MGS series overall and it worked out great.

MGS4 is wacky when it should be serious, serious when it should be wacky, and in general is a collection of weak imitations of excellent parts of previous games in the series stitched together into a fever dream.

Sakwoff

What's groovin bruoh?

That said, after watching Jeff's stream I bought Hitman and spent like 4 hours just playing the ship tutorial bit over and over, finding different ways to kill targets. So good. I love this feeling of starting to "know" a virtual space, and nothing does this better than Hitman.

Clear GOTY.

I also started a "I'm gonna murder EVERY PERSON on that map because fun" run which I stopped because that shit became super disturbing.

Joeku

What's groovin bruoh?

That said, after watching Jeff's stream I bought Hitman and spent like 4 hours just playing the ship tutorial bit over and over, finding different ways to kill targets. So good. I love this feeling of starting to "know" a virtual space, and nothing does this better than Hitman.

Clear GOTY.

I also started a "I'm gonna murder EVERY PERSON on that map because fun" run which I stopped because that shit became super disturbing.

The last map in the game kind of has the best setup for killing fucking everybody. You'll like it when you get there.

popo

Who can't spell :D

vf_tyrrany_ql_111616_1800.mp4

Tyranny looks really sweet. Definitely a more interesting world than Pillars.

The combat isn't as good a pillars. A bit boring really.

I kinda wish it was just a novel series (for all the reading you have to do) although the little short story book that game with it wasn't exactly sparkling writing.

Kimaka

Tyranny looks really sweet. Definitely a more interesting world than Pillars.

I really liked Pillars, but that got bogged down by all the lore dumps and being beholden to D&D nostalgia. Tyranny's world is presented more naturally and I'm having a lot more fun with the combat.

imBask

Banned
played like 5h of Pillars, kinda liked it but dropped it, came back to it and was completely lost...

I bought Tyranny and I find it much more enjoyable overall so far, it's really really good

Teddified

Has anyone thought of a good name for an Alex possible play-though of megaman?

I can only think of Navarroman. Alexman doesn't really sound right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom