• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but what's 40 bucks. Might as well be free!

Right. It's only $32 on Amazon, so it's not that big of a deal. But you know how it is with new systems: you want any excuse to use it. I have bought some truly mediocre games in the first year of many consoles' lives just to say I'm using the damn thing.

They've never done this with Pokémon.

Look, everything's a thing that's never happened before until it happens. That's actually a shitty argument that can be used to justify literally any improbable to impossible event, so I'll put it a different way. They've never done that with Mario Kart or Smash Bros., either, and there was a time that they'd never done it with Zelda. It's difficult to produce lots of content for HD systems, so we've seen just an unending deluge of remasters and ports. And there's no reason to believe that won't extend to a super popular franchise like Pokemon.

StoveOven

Banned
I picked up a copy of Lost Odyssey when it was announced for BC. It seems cool from what I've played, but I have absolutely no time for it right now.

There's actually a really good chance Pokémon DOES get a Switch port. Although they have launched new Pokémon games on outdated platforms before, that was always in an era of backwards compatibility- you could always play Black and White 2 on the 3DS, or Emerald on the DS. Switch won't be able to play 3DS games, though, and they're going to want to squeeze one more set of games out of this engine before they go on to Switch full-bore. I reckon a Sun/Moon port and a cross-release of whatever the next games end up being is a pretty decent bet.

So instead of playing it now you want to wait a year and buy new hardware just to play a slightly uprezed port?

sounds like the struggles of a pc gamer

I'm buying the hardware anyway for things that aren't Pokemon, so that's not an issue. But yeah, the extent of any upgrades definitely impacts whether I wait or not. Of course, there's no way to know that unless news of a port somehow leaks between now and Pokemon's release.

Pokemon Sun/Moon on Citra (3DS emulator) looks great. A hypothetical Switch version that bumps the 400x240 resolution to 1080p or even 720p would make a huge difference.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Planet Coaster is feeling like a last minute GOTY entry

Not to them probably but it's kind of incredible. Maybe even more than Cities Skylines was.

robotrock

Banned
Does Hitman make anyone else just feel plain bummed out about how you're not creative at all?

Mario Maker did this same thing to me last year.

Joeku

k1opIJp.gif

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Also for anyone who has an Xbox One and not Hitman, it is $30 for the full season. Or $7.50 for the intro pack then $25 more for the full upgrade if you just want to try it for now. Play this game!

Come on PS4 sale next week....give it to me!

ev0

lol seeing Jaffe get all upset at Kyle Bosman- didnt he do the same thing over GB comments on Drawn to Death? Dude's got a thin skin these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom