• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's a fun time, but if I wanted to make a game that makes fun of the "irreverent local multiplayer indie game" subgenre that has been in vogue for the past few years, it would look exactly like Genital Jousting. It's like the Medal of Honor reboot of indie games: just cynically checking off as many boxes as it can as if to say "you'll watch this on YouTube, you rube!"

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm sure it's a fun time, but if I wanted to make a game that makes fun of the "irreverent local multiplayer indie game" subgenre that has been in vogue for the past few years, it would look exactly like Genital Jousting. It's like the Medal of Honor reboot of indie games: just cynically checking off as many boxes as it can as if to say "you'll watch this on YouTube, you rube!"

But it's so quirky!

Zornack

I'm completely baffled that in 2016 two separate corporations went "videos about video games? Nah, not our thing, let's do articles."

I'm sure Glixel's "50 Most Iconic Video Game Characters of the 21st Century" article, where every individual entry is its own page, will work out fine for them.

repeater

I watch all my videogame content on yourube.ru

EDIT: BTW guys, Waypoint already does video. Austin streamed for the site just the other day.

kiguel182

I have no problem with genitalia but the way those penises enter each other is disturbing. The animations and stuff is just too much. Also, balls with assholes is weird and not good weird. Not a fan.

Finally finished Mafia 3, fantastic story and some sharp writing. That mid post credit ending though, JESUS. Mafia 4 pls.

the content is here

0z7pnfv.png

clCND18.gif

I think "As a bottom, you get to choose" is still stronger for the next title

Man, that was something.

7HyhwZQ.gif

FKiPZqT.png

What the fuck at Alex badmouthing Foxcatcher

That was one of the most straight up bleak and fucked up movies I've ever seen, and Carell knocked it out of the park

Let's go all the way

C0bUNjm.png

On the subject of Foxcatcher, I thought I was going to hate it but I was surpringly enaged and I felt all had good performances, especially Channing Tatum & Mark Ruffalo. Just look at the real John du Pont.

--

That Megaman series is off to a great start. Loved it. Also, loved what they're doing with some of the site stuff.

XlkWxIM.gif

The slow, downward spiral of Jason on this week's UPF was incredible. He was so excited for that soundstage demo, then about halfway through "I picked a bad week to stop taking pain pills." Whoops

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Did the mega man video vanish for anyone else? I refreshed the page and it was gone.

I started watching it like 10 minutes ago and it's still going, but yeah, it seems to have disappeared from the site. Weird.

edit direct link also doesn't work. Maybe an upload error or something?

BearPawB

Banned
I started watching it like 10 minutes ago and it's still going, but yeah, it seems to have disappeared from the site. Weird.

edit direct link also doesn't work. Maybe an upload error or something?

the audio was out of sync so i am sure they took it down to fix it

pizzacat

Banned
When will Dan stop embarrass himself? His girlfriend must hide at home evertime he does one of his adventures :D
At a certain point in your life, you stop feeling embarrassed about stuff.

With how Dan grew up, I see he stopped feeling that a good 20 or so years ago

hamchan

The Dan questions aren't dumb. It's just that most people already asked all these questions when they were small children. Dan is an alien.

KingKong

The Dan questions aren't dumb. It's just that most people already asked all these questions when they were small children. Dan is an alien.

I just like that almost every quick look with Dan becomes him asking about anything and everything that he doesn't understand

FStop7

Banned
Does the new Hitman game tell a cohesive story?

Sort of.

The short answer is that the story is told through prerendered cutscenes between each mission.

The long version is that there is a lot of stuff relating to the story subtly (and occasionally not so subtly) to be found in the missions. Conversations you can listen in on. You'll hear references to your previous and future targets that link them together.

Example: if you disguise yourself as Helmut Kruger and go through with "your" meeting with Dhalia Margolis, she orders you to find the sister of the woman who was rumored to have been murdered by her rock star boyfriend and seduce her in order to get close to her father. In a later mission 47 is ordered to assassinate said rockstar boyfriend.

Johndoey

Banned
World of Final Fantasy's opening cutscene is really silly and I love it.

Edit:
HOW THE HONK?!

CHILL-THE OUT

Accept the -the my man, it's a -the continuing -the tick. Learn to -the love it. Tama is the best there as ever -the been. It immediately has two running jokes that the writers really really loved, and are really really committed to keeping going.

I have no idea how I successfully completed the elusive target. I shot the chef in the face in front of his entourage and hid in a closet. It felt like something Dan would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom