• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'd love it but the studio would be like, Denis, we want to make money and sell toys (and because there's Marvel, build a cinematic universe).
"We want to make money and sell toys so make a bad movie."

D.C. Stays fucking up

oti

Banned
It's too soon to see AAA shooters inspired by what DOOM did. I doubt DOOM changed much of the development cycle for Titanfall 2

Will DOOM change anything? Serious question as I don't really know the current state of shooters. Currently I'm playing Advance Warfare which I found for 10€ in the Xbox One bargain bin.

Will DOOM change anything? Serious question as I don't really know the current state of shooters. Currently I'm playing Advance Warfare which I found for 10€ in the Xbox One bargain bin.

Who knows. As I understand it, financial successes chance things, and as I also understand, Doom wasn't a huge success. But there is a lot to learn if anybody wants to.

oti

Banned
Who knows. As I understand it, financial successes chance things, and as I also understand, Doom wasn't a huge success. But there is a lot to learn if anybody wants to.

I remember when everybody said how Spec Op's slow motion headshots would get copied immediately and nothing happened.

Jintor

Hey anyone want to get in on some cyberpunk tabletop RPG play-by-post crime times with some gbGAF friends, i've got a slot opening up in SprawlGAF probably in the next few days.

Currently playing:
Sproutella - Duchess (a Killer)
Bowlie - NanICo (an Infiltrator)
TiamatSword - Goro (a Fixer)
JustJim89 - Troseph (a Hunter)

Seeking: a hacker, a driver, a pusher, a soldier, or a technician.

Alternatively if you want to be an npc character's name put your hand up again and this time i'll actually write something down about it

The first had at least the 90's cheese aspect, Resurgence in comparison is just so sterile that I can't remember much of anything that occurred besides the friendly alien globe and the fucking PAINFUL sequel hook

Santar

Wolfenstein: The New Order is better than Titanfall and DOOM and it was fucking robbed.
I'm gonna have to disagree on that one.
Wolfenstein had a interesting premise but they did nothing with it. The story was generic mish mash of cliched stuff filled with cliched boring characters.
Campagin was standard modern fps except the few openish levels and above average shooting, they even had several actionless dull fetch quests. I could barely force myself to even finish it.
Doom was fun all the way through with open non scripted levels, satisfying open ended combat and a both fun and interesting story.
Just my opinion of course.

Man watching that darkSector trailer on Demo Derby and even though knowing the history im literally seeing Warframe right now in that footage (even the fucking music).

Good on DE for actually getting there.

SomberOwl

In the middle of the movie, when she has a dream in which she talks to Renner's character, then she turns around and the alien is right there in her face.

Ahh totally. In fact I thought the same thing while watching. After the movie though all I could think about was the
knowledge Amy Adam's character choses to live with and how hard that would be.

Did anyone check out the Elder Scrolls Online weekend demo? As I'm getting the game for Christmas, I decided the get a head start on my account (plus they're giving you 500 Crowns for free, so that's neat!). I created a Nord who I named Hrothmund Wulfgard. So far, I'm really liking it, especially the singler-player stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom