• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornack

This back and forth over Darksiders 1 is stunning to me because Darksiders 2 is better in every way compared to 1, but nobody played it. 15 dungeons, an overworld like Hyrule, and items and gear like Ocarina.

In fact, when someone asks me for the best Zelda ripoff, I don't even think of Darksiders 1 because Darksiders 2 is EXACTLY like Zelda, not just an homage like 1 was.

Great game.

The weird fantasy world sucked and the loot was poor.

Johndoey

Banned
Quick personal question I've been to my new place employment about one-and-a-half months so far and I really wanted to take the day off on Saturday.

I'm going to go in there tomorrow and ask if anyone's willing to switch shifts with me but is it too early to just call off since I've only been there a month and a half?

kiguel182

Played the main Sapienza mission for the first time. It is so much easier than Brad and Dan made it seem.

I should rewatch those videos with the added knowledge I have about Hitman.

Meneses

Quick personal question I've been to my new place employment about one-and-a-half months so far and I really wanted to take the day off on Saturday.

I'm going to go in there tomorrow and ask if anyone's willing to switch shifts with me but is it too early to just call off since I've only been there a month and a half?

If it's a matter of switching shifts with someone I don't think it's a big deal, give it a try.

I think it would be a bit less cool if you were just asking for a vacation day or something like that, but even then, if you have the right to do it, then do it.

Bad games, shitty artstyle, unbearable attempts at comedy, nails on chalkboard voice work, 360 gimmick every grandma with a youtube account did a year ago

I've never thought I'd live to see a wrong opinion.

And yet here we are, in the year of our lord 2016, graced by Peru.

Johndoey

Banned
If it's a matter of switching shifts with someone I don't think it's a big deal, give it a try.

I think it would be a bit less cool if you were just asking for a vacation day or something like that, but even then, if you have the right to do it, then do it.
If I call off I'd most likely end up make up the day over the week but I'd definitely like to avoid that option, hopefully someone is willing to switch.

kiguel182

Well, failed the elusive target because I picked up the kitchen knife in front of people. Fuck this.

I was doing great even, I was Helmut and was following them and stuff. Shit.

I totally forgot picking up that knife was a big no no. Ugh.

Salarians

Well, failed the elusive target because I picked up the kitchen knife in front of people. Fuck this.

I was doing great even, I was Helmut and was following them and stuff. Shit.

I totally forgot picking up that knife was a big no no. Ugh.
I stuck him with a needle in front of a witness and ran to the helicopter

kiguel182

I stuck him with a needle in front of a witness and ran to the helicopter

I was tempted to kill him in the staircase and make a run for it but I decided to play it carefully.

I should've tried my first idea.

Edit: also, Sapienza challenges looked insane. I'm really curious to see how to do them and explore further. This game is too good.

It's kinda cool. That with Hyrule from Breath of the Wild would be neat.

When they said it outdid Zelda I died.

Brad has this stupid thing where he really likes Nintendo-style games but refuses to actually play Nintendo games, and then he gives way too much credit to those pale imitations.

Zornack

Darksiders is so, so much better than any recent 3D Zelda. You have to go back to Wind Waker to find a game of similar quality, and that one takes a dump in the ocean in its final stretch.

new item
shot glass
2902049-shot_glass_grande.png

pint glass
Pint_Glass_large.png

2016 member shirt
IMG_20161123_131047.jpg

Darksiders is so, so much better than any recent 3D Zelda. You have to go back to Wind Waker to find a game of similar quality, and that one takes a dump in the ocean in its final stretch.

Darksiders takes a very similar dump in its final stretch too (though it does recover from it very well before wrapping up)

kiguel182

Darksiders might "out do" Zelda in mechanics but damn if this game doesn't look and sound terrible. What a charmless thing.

I never played it but looking at it I never even feel like something appealing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Darksiders might "out do" Zelda in mechanics but damn if this game doesn't look and sound terrible. What a charmless thing.

I never played it but looking at it I never even feel like something appealing.

I kind of like it in the way I kind of like Reaper's whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom