• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I'm starting to wonder about Dan. Not just from this Twitter thing. At some point, you have to reel it in a little bit. There is a limit to that whole "Oh, that rascal! He's just foolin around!" shtick with him.

That's just Dan I guess. Just be glad Jeff can restrain him on live streams.

robotrock

Banned
ratchet and clank is pretty good you guys

It's seriously great. I had kind of fallen out with those games, since it had kind of been about seven years since the last good one (A Crack in Time)

My only problem with the game is that I thought all the jokes were garbage. From what I remember, Ratchet games were pretty funny. It could be that I was just much younger though and it was just always like this.

(If you have a PS3 and want to play more Ratchet after this, I highly recommend the Future trilogy. Those games are great.)

My only problem with the game is that I thought all the jokes were garbage. From what I remember, Ratchet games were pretty funny. It could be that I was just much younger though and it was just always like this.

Yeah, that stuff is all flat as it can be, but I went into it expecting that, given how the movie panned out.

Strax

You guys are overreacting. He said a stand-up dude sucks and then said in another tweet why. All the duders do this on podcasts.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has John Vignocchi announced a new job yet? Some people were saying he's at Iron Galaxy now in the Marvel rumor thread.

robotrock

Banned
Wait, what did Dan do?

I need to enter a US address tho. Can I just enter whatever?

Use the address for a CBS Office in NYC or SF
Has John Vignocchi announced a new job yet? Some people were saying he's at Iron Galaxy now in the Marvel rumor thread.

Iron Galaxy making a new Marvel vs Capcom sure would make a lot of sense with all the people there and the kind of games they make (Jonny V hasn't announced a new job yet). Loved what them and Double Helix did with Killer Instinct.

Though if it is Iron Galaxy, pretty sure it's gonna be a much different type of game. As in, surely it's gonna lack all the crazy unwatchable shit on screen in MvC3, right? Especially if they want to take advantage of how big and accessible the MCU is. I'm expecting a fan outrage.

Giganteus

That's just Dan I guess.
I'll be side eying everyone who'll keep saying that vague explanation. That wasn't goofy jokester Dan stuff. That was just someone being crappy and hurtful, which he's usually clever enough to hide, but I think he likes being that more than he lets on.

You guys are overreacting. He said a stand-up dude sucks and then said in another tweet why. All the duders do this on podcasts.
Honestly, I don't like your shitty Personality, Strax. I hate it. I think it sucks. Don't take it personal or anything, I'm Just commenting on your posts, not you personally, but I totally am. Teehee. Don't overreact.

oti

Banned
I'll be side eying everyone who'll keep saying that vague explanation. That wasn't goofy jokester Dan stuff. That was just someone being crappy and hurtful, which he's usually clever enough to hide, but I think he likes being that more than he lets on.

Bruh, if I knew Dan personally I'd probably slap him twice a day.

I can't stand Dan's "look how dumb I am" persona at all. His stories got old after the first podcast. I'm done with this shit since his "reaction" to Brexit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, can't imagine IG making a Marvel game that old fans would love. But in terms of shit on the screen, KI is no slouch lol

Rainmaker

Banned
Maron can be a bit much. Someone in Dan's position probably shouldn't tweet like that but searching your own name, getting defensive, and replying is the lamest shit. It is the most Marc Maron way of handling anything. Never a good look. Wrestlers do this shit too.

robotrock

Banned
Maron can be a bit much. Someone in Dan's position probably shouldn't tweet like that but searching your own name, getting defensive, and replying is the lamest shit. It is the most Marc Maron way of handling anything. Never a good look. Wrestlers do this shit too.

How is Marc being defensive? Dan called a guy out on Twitter, guy responds to him on Twitter. How could you not see this coming when you've got 65k followers on Twitter, who can easily tag Maron's twitter handle in a reply or retweet of Dan's tweet?

robotrock

Banned
Dan's tweet was the same thing as calling "x member of giant bomb is no good" and was this close to being "I wish I could put duct tape on x member of giant bomb's position on my screen and mute only his mic".

Since Maron's own personality is his work and a huge part of the content he puts out, it's a bit of a grey area when it comes to criticizing it. I believe you can do it, but you should probably be a lot nicer when your coming at someone's personality rather than when you're coming at somebody's video game. Dan's tweet just seemed mean, and I don't see what Maron could take out of it constructively and work on making his content better.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for when Lang was on somewhere, probably the Bombcast, where he was talking about the state of IG and their unannounced projects etc. Does anyone know exactly where it was?

Salarians

You have to be doing something right to get Obama to come to your garage.
tumblr_mzl1erA4101qeuiqyo1_250.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Watching the new VRodeo video, man that looks so surreal.

Google Earth might be the best thing about VR so far.

FStop7

Banned
Ooof, yeah. That Ryckert-Maron exchange just has that palpable awkwardness that makes my skin crawl. Good on Maron for being a class act about it. What a surprise that happy-go-lucky, never had a problem in his life Dan wouldn't understand someone with depression.

Dan's severe anxiety isn't that disimilar from depression.

Wait the Maron in question is Marc?

Dan wtf did u do

I don't understand why Dan needs a "sthick" when everyone else is just themselves.

I do agree I think its so he can be a dick and try to excuse it.

I also think it wears pretty thin more often than not.

I don't understand why Dan needs a "sthick" when everyone else is just themselves.

I do agree I think its so he can be a dick and try to excuse it.

I also think it wears pretty thin more often than not.

It does wear thin. It can be enjoyable in small doses, but he doesn't do small doses. I'm hoping he will just try and be himself more when he starts on the beastcast instead of constantly acting life real life is pro wrestling.

TraBuch

Banned
It does wear thin. It can be enjoyable in small doses, but he doesn't do small doses. I'm hoping he will just try and be himself more when he starts on the beastcast instead of constantly acting life real life is pro wrestling.
What if he is just being himself and he's actually kind of a dick? People who let off stink bombs in bars because they don't like waiting in a line are kind of dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom