• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's very much the overly enthusatic, super positive youtuber/streamer which I'm not a fan of, but from what i've heard he seems like a nice enough guy. He's also Irish, we're running this category. Our gamers are trending asf lmao

Yeah Salarians, I don't remember exactly what it was he did, but I remember Boogie saying some garbage about GG that made really dislike him.

I remember when Greg Miller was up for a SxSW gaming award, which Jack was also nominated for. Greg won, but when the award was about to happen, he thought it was clear he'd lose to Jack, as when they said his name the crowd went absolutely nuts. When they said Greg's name, it was much more muted.

LiK

Watching the Gears 4 GBE Playdate and the commentary from Vinny and Alex is great. Kinda surprised at how much they're struggling on Normal tho. Wasn't too hard on Hardcore. Wish they completed the rest of the game on stream. Wanna see their reactions to the rest of it.

Salarians

check out his upcoming light novel: my little youtuber can't possibly be this irish
uSF4CAH.jpg

Strax

Honestly, I don't like your shitty Personality, Strax. I hate it. I think it sucks. Don't take it personal or anything, I'm Just commenting on your posts, not you personally, but I totally am. Teehee. Don't overreact.

Dan has said many many many times that Kiss sucks. I haven't heard any outrage about that. I haven't heard any outrage about Jeff saying the Usos sucks. The people who are taking the stand that Dan was out of line saying this might as well not listen or watch any GB content and maybe log off the internet.

Just because Marc Maron called Dan out on his comments doesn't make Dan guilty of something.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So that award is basically a popularity contest? Lirik, Joe and Boogie have millions of subs. Poor Danny.

Edit Holy crap, that jack guy has 13.5 million subs and I've never heard of him.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So that award is basically a popularity contest? Lirik, Joe and Boogie have millions of subs. Poor Danny.

Edit Holy crap, that jack guy has 13.5 million subs and I've never heard of him.

More exposure for Danny can't be bad. I said it when he started, but the youtube audience at large does not give a shit about well put together gaming videos. It's all about screaming and let's plays. Hopefully he can carve out his niche.

Well Greg Miller beat PewDiePie last year at The Game Awards, so it's possible Danny can win. I mean, as much as I like Greg, I think PewDiePie has way more fans. Yet Greg won. My gut says that Jack guy wins, put I'm really pulling for Danny, mainly because he's a great guy, but also because NoClip is, in my eye, a very worthwhile endeavor.

Giganteus

Dan has said many many many times that Kiss sucks. I haven't heard any outrage about that. I haven't heard any outrage about Jeff saying the Usos sucks. The people who are taking the stand that Dan was out of line saying this might as well not listen or watch any GB content and maybe log off the internet.

Just because Marc Maron called Dan out on his comments doesn't make Dan guilty of something.
Really? If you still can't see the difference in the examples you gave, what I said and what Dan said, then that's weird, but alright. I've already took up too much thread space discussing this, so I'm shutting up about Dan forever, until someone ends up dead, or some shit.

hamchan

Danny is the only one in that category doing something different and worthwhile, rather than just standard YouTube fake overreactions and reviews.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think the let's play audience wouldn't necessarily watch a video game awards show, but atleast Boogie and Joe have more of a hardcore audience. I would bet on them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
As somebody who missed it, what did Dan say? You guys make it sound like he told this guy to kill himself or something like that.

I have no idea who Lirik and Jacks epic eye are but I can't stand Joe and Boogie is a gamergate apologist. Danny on the other hand is an Arsenal fan which makes him instantly trendy and cool, so by that logic he should take this in a landslide. Then again, I really, really don't care and I doubt any of those guys do either.

ArjanN

How is Marc being defensive? Dan called a guy out on Twitter, guy responds to him on Twitter. How could you not see this coming when you've got 65k followers on Twitter, who can easily tag Maron's twitter handle in a reply or retweet of Dan's tweet?

Honestly, engaging in twitter arguments is a losing proposition.

hamchan

That's it? That's.....nothing. There has to be more to this, right? I fail to see any sort of problem here. Am I missing something here?

Not really. Maron called him out on it though, since it is kinda rude knowing that Maron would read it. The same way it's normally rude for us to just call the Giant Bomb duders terrible or talk about them personally when we know they read the thread. We do all our dismantling of their personalities in private chats!

Strax

Really? If you still can't see the difference in the examples you gave, what I said and what Dan said, then that's weird, but alright. I've already took up too much thread space discussing this, so I'm shutting up about Dan forever, until someone ends up dead, or some shit.

What you said and Dan said aren't even close, at all. Neither in tone or language. If Dan would've said he hated Marc you'd maybe have some kind of point. Had Dan said "Nickelback sucks" and Chad Krogger replied, this thread would be nothing but "Man, Nickelback sucks", "Chad Krogger has no humor" etc.

Dan has said (on Twitter) these things suck

Super Troopers
Superman
San Francisco
Yoshi's Story
Tinder
LOTR
Jimmy Buffett
Music in 2015
Monster Hunter 4
Lesnar vs. Taker from Wrestlemania
Rocky V
Everything that’s associated with Peter Pan except for peanut butter.
Zack Ryder
DOTA
Adam Rose
Tom Cruise
Dane Cook
Jose Canseco
Jazz
Super Mario Land
Bon Iver
Metal of Honor
and many more things.

But saying Marc Maron sucks is going to far.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Giganteus

What you said and Dan said aren't even close, at all. Neither in tone or language. If Dan would've said he hated Marc you'd maybe have some kind of point. Had Dan said "Nickelback sucks" and Chad Krogger replied, this thread would be nothing but "Man, Nickelback sucks", "Chad Krogger has no humor" etc.

Dan has said (on Twitter) these things suck

Super Troopers
Superman
San Francisco
Yoshi's Story
Tinder
LOTR
Jimmy Buffett
Music in 2015
Monster Hunter 4
Lesnar vs. Taker from Wrestlemania
Rocky V
Everything that’s associated with Peter Pan except for peanut butter.
Zack Ryder
DOTA
Adam Rose
Tom Cruise
Dane Cook
Jose Canseco
Jazz
Super Mario Land
Bon Iver
Metal of Honor
and many more things.

But saying Marc Maron sucks is going to far.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease.
You got me. Perfect examples. And hey, if he hurled personal jabs at other individual human beings on Twitter, then that makes it fine if he did it to that Marc dude.

Nickleback sucks is a statement on the quality of the band. "I hate his personality" is a lot more personal and specific. I'm not sure if I'm talking to a robot.

Why the fuck are you including things like DOTA? There's a difference between a person and a product.

Edit: You know what, you're right. He also only said "he's terrible" not that he hated him. It's totally different. You win. I'm leaving this conversation so everyone can talk about Sonic shuffle or whatever.

hamchan

I think calling Maron a terrible person who is jealous of all his more famous friends and will never be happy with what he has, is a bit more mean spirited than just saying something sucks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do you know what marc maron does? His personality is part of his work. I'm sure Dan knows that seeing that he does the same thing and people call him terrible all the time.

hamchan

Do you know what marc maron does? His personality is part of his work. I'm sure Dan knows that seeing that he does the same thing and people call him terrible all the time.

Nah, Dan knows he was being a bit of a dickhead for that tweet. It's why he apologized.

Antiwhippy

Nah that's what I'm saying, he's being a duckhead but people are dickheads to celebrities and other people who put themselves out there all the time. Dunno why it's so terrible this time.

Let's not pretend nobody in this thread had the same sentiments about a celebrity or two.

hamchan

Nah that's what I'm saying, he's being a duckhead but people are dickheads to celebrities and other people who put themselves out there ask the time. Dunno why it's so terrible this time.

Let's not pretend nobody in this thread had the same sentiments about a celebrity or two.

Yeah, it's not really terrible at all since it happened quickly, Dan admitted he was wrong and apologized, everyone moves on. No reason for anyone in this thread to defend Dan and drag this on when it's clear he himself thinks he was wrong. I like that Dan can realize his own mistakes. He apologized quickly when he was being a knob about Brexit too.

FStop7

Banned
Edit: You know what, you're right. He also only said "he's terrible" not that he hated him. It's totally different. You win. I'm leaving this conversation so everyone can talk about Sonic shuffle or whatever.

Fuck Sonic fuck Yoshi they are born to die for our entertainment.

pizzacat

Banned
Will Arnett is a terrible person and is jealous of all his friends who can keep a television show for more than a season on actual television and has to resort to netflix and I mean its not like hes in need of money since he does everything they throw at him anyway

Antiwhippy

Did the ignorant dan thing again which was honestly waaaaay worse than this marc maron thing people were grousing about.

Apologised and said that he will ask Danny to educate him on it afterwards though.

justjim89

I just think for a lot of people, Dan's schtick is wearing thin and this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm getting kinda tired of all of Dan's stupid questions that he could just as easily Google, or being over-opinionated and dismissive of something he knows next to nothing about. And hell, I like Dan. I think he and Jason coming in was the best thing to ever happen to the site. I basically started giantbombunprofesional on tumblr because I was tired of tumblr people bitching about Dan. But his personality can be really grating, and if he doesn't perfectly toe that line between happy go lucky and childishly ignorant, he can come across as a real dick. And today was just sort of an illustration of that.

But like others have said, he has a brand to maintain outside of Giant Bomb, and he's gonna keep doing him. Even if it actually is a thinly-veiled excuse to be kind of a dick. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom