• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Jeff will play Oxenfree realize everything he knows is wrong and the rightful Goty will reign. #believe

2016 was a good year for playing quality videogames.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there any way I can automate download of video [HD] files for Chrono Trigger endurance run and MGScanlon [MGS4 and MGSV]?

For CT it's easier as it's on youtube.

Plop this URL into JDownloader or youtube-dl
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL202CDA893CB1DC31

As for MGS, they usually name their files sequentially so just take one URL and change the episode numbers and then plop it in a JDownloader or something similar.

Looking back at this year's releases is an eye opener. This has been a big, big year.

Remember The Division?

How about Far Cry Primal?

Quantum Break, remember?

We learned what Firewatch is.

That's just off of the top of my head.

Totally forgot those 4 were this year and I even put like 80 hours into the division. It's been a crazy year

Zaph

Is there any way I can automate download of video [HD] files for Chrono Trigger endurance run and MGScanlon [MGS4 and MGSV]?

For CT it's easier as it's on youtube.

Plop this URL into JDownloader or youtube-dl
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL202CDA893CB1DC31

As for MGS, they usually name their files sequentially so just take one URL and change the episode numbers and then plop it in a JDownloader or something similar.

Just to add to what alr1ght posted, Premium videos like MGScanlon are a little bit more complicated now because downloads are API authenticated (you'll see your key at the end of the download link). This limits you to 20 videos per 24hrs.

ArjanN

Know what else came out this year?
Technically anyway
Darkest Dungeon.

Holy shit, Brad and Dan just cannot finish the new Hitman QL without finding a certain room and potentially carrying out a certain kill.

Please don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled:
There's a DDR machine and you can kill people by tampering with it and setting it to expert so the player sweats a lot and gets electrocuted by the exposed wires in the dancemat

GOTY.

The Helmut Kruger bit in the season finale episode seems like it was written specifically for them.

On that note, I honestly find it hard to see how they could argue for almost anything else as Hitman as their GOTY. DOOM or Overwatch are probably the only other games enough GB guys played and really liked, but I feel Hitman has both of those beat on being more unique. (in the sense that DOOM is essentially still "just" a really solid FPS, and Overwatch is just Team Fortress 2 with a Blizzard layer of polish on it.)

Meneses

The Helmut Kruger bit in the season finale episode seems like it was written specifically for them.

That might be a GiantBomb easter egg (or if not, it wouldn't surprise me if there was one), since apparently friend of the site Steve Gaynor of Fullbright (who also streams a lot of pretty good Hitman videos) is in it.

The IO guys that visited them were aware of HitDan's shenanigans.

Salarians

Jeff will play Oxenfree realize everything he knows is wrong and the rightful Goty will reign. #believe

I'm just gonna assume Jeff would hate Oxenfree. I normally love "one of those" but it didn't do much for me. Dialogue system was cool though.

Salarians

CODMGbkl.jpg

Edit:
this too

bjork

I'm playing the Witness for the first time right now. I really like the look of it, but what's up with those little tape recorders you find? I went up a mountain and some lady talked about being in space for like 10 minutes. I would trade that for a 30-second "this is how you do this mercedes logo puzzle" recording, so I don't have to look it up.

Salarians

I'm playing the Witness for the first time right now. I really like the look of it, but what's up with those little tape recorders you find? I went up a mountain and some lady talked about being in space for like 10 minutes. I would trade that for a 30-second "this is how you do this mercedes logo puzzle" recording, so I don't have to look it up.
Don't worry about it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

Just keep looking around the island, if you hit a puzzle you can't solve yet, you probably haven't found the entry-level version of that puzzle type yet.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Oxenfree is terrible though.
It completely ruins it's own atmosphere by having the most annoying characters ever.

It's Art(tm)

hamchan

It's just some pretentious nonsense that ultimately has no meaning behind the many words of waffle.

Not a good sign when the consensus on a game's storytelling is "eh, just skip it".

It's not storytelling, is the thing. They're really just vibe pieces.

If you watch that video GB did with Jonathan Blow it even sounds like the few tape recorders that actually set up some semblance of story were added in at the very end of development as an easter eggy thing, so it's not like Braid where the story was actually Going for Something.

As pieces of atmosphere, I think they work really well. I found most of them fun to listen to. And of course the other secret things you can find in that game are fucking amazing and I won't have anyone tell me otherwise.

I look at The Witness as more of a tone/mood piece. I think it's one of those things you can take exactly as much (or as little) from as you want, and it's all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom