• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

People getting mad at people calling Titanfall 2 TF2 should spend some time with Tone.

Or go and play as Reaper, whatever.
U6epBCx.gif

Anjin M

With Avellone working with Arkane now, I think I know who I would want to make a sequel.

The studio who has to make the game is Obsidian, since Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky work there now.
... and Obsidian have a business relationship with Paradox, who owns White Wolf, which owns Vampire. It almost seems too obvious.

But Arkane would probably make an awesome Vampire game.

The upshot of all this is that I'm probably reinstalling VTMB tonight. So thanks, Data West.

And on the final day of the event, I finally got my Witch Mercy skin. My month-long crisis is over.
It's a good thing I never bought that game or I'd be deep into skin collecting.

Downloading the final Hitman episode. What a season, what a season it is!

Danny's first Rocket League doc is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om0j9SLBDPQ

Saw it as soon as it dropped. Stunning work, the use of music is incredible. I was surprised that it was all original too!

Got a kick from seeing my name being the first in the credits, going in alphabetical surname order I'm guessing.

If I were to have a nitpick is that it would probably be better to release the entire documentary as one entire thing but I also see how doing it in parts work as well.

It was a gif of Battlefield 1 where the player burns soldiers in a bunker with a flamethrower. They used the hashtag #justWW1things

I don't think it's just their twitter, the whole game really struggles from the tonal shift between the solemn "here are facts about the war that we're trying to honour" and "here's goofy videogame bullshit".

I was just about to mention this reason on why I'm conflicted on this thing. On the whole though, it's pretty fucking dumb.

But at least owlboy is out tomorrow, yay.
...anyone?

I'm saving it for December, specifically after The Last Guardian.

Why can't Giant Bomb produce quality #content like this:
8JeardO.jpg

yyyONiQ.png

I'm thinking about buying Superhot just to be prepared for GOTY spoilers.

Superhot is fantastic and the length is just about perfect.

So...
Has anyone got a list of the Waypoint-GB guest segment(s)? (Edit: Nevermind! SmiteOfHand over in the Waypoint thread made a great list, just missing Day 1, I guess where GB was.) I missed the whole thing because of Twitch's shoddy player. (It actuallly made me appreciate GB's player, if you can believe it!)

Also, apparently some(?) of the Waypoint stream will make it to Viceland, Vice's television network. So GB has finally made it to the big time.

So...

Has anyone got a list of the Waypoint-GB guest segment(s)? (Edit: Nevermind! SmiteOfHand over in the Waypoint thread made a great list, just missing Day 1, I guess where GB was.) I missed the whole thing because of Twitch's shoddy player. (It actuallly made me appreciate GB's player, if you can believe it!)

Also, apparently some(?) of the Waypoint stream will make it to Viceland, Vice's television network. So GB has finally made it to the big time.

I've been hearing of more and more instances of Twitch not archiving properly. It happened last week to Kinda Funny's Colin and Greg Live. Man, I wish I watched that Giant Bomb portion on Waypoint's stream live. Twitch better step its game up with Beam out there.

Dope. Will we get commercials of old people complaining about Waypoint corrupting the youth to the devil's electronic entertainment?

Ps4 pro has a embargo date next week.

I wonder if they do a live stream. It would be kinda pointless

Definitely. I'd bet the majority of us don't have 4K Televisions or HDTVs with HDR, nor does Giant Bomb have the ability yet to output in that resolution. So, yeah. Pointless.

Edit- Maybe a wacky unboxing could be in order, like their random XB1 S unboxing.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy fuck I just wrapped up the last Hitman mission. They might have actually saved the best for last, its incredible. I cannot wait to see the GB videos

That game really genuinely does deserve more GOTY than I think its going to get. I might write up some more tomorrow. Its incredible on so many levels, from the dialogue to the puzzle box design but the episodic release structure is a well of genuine innovation that should get more props

It's a shame about Titanfall 2 apparently selling less than TF in Europe

Wonder how the NA sales are

It really seems like a cooler sequel with the single player campaign and all the multiplayer stuff

Ein Bear

I was all-in on Superhot until around the halfway point, where they added the gameplay mechanic
that let you hop into different bodies.

Just felt like a weird addition that messed up the flow of the game, yet the difficulty ramped up significantly to compensate so you couldn't just ignore the mechanic. That opening half is absolutely sublime though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Do they have to go through every video ever to create new video navigation? I would guess you'd need atleast some tagging to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom