• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
IMG_1408.JPG

Alucrid

Banned
Not really? It's a reality on GAF. I didn't even judge it or anything.

it's pretty evenly split between people who think monsanto is the devil incarnate and people who think it's a company making a profit like many of the gmo companies out there. the only difference being that people actually know the name monsanto.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Can we please let this Monsanto thing go? Whether you think they are the devil or the reincarnation of Jebus himself this is not the place to discuss it.

BearPawB

Banned
I know it's a chain. That's why I'd be interested in what he thinks of it. Everyone I know that's had it, absolutely loves it (I've only had the brisket, but I think it's really good).

It is fine. But they attempt to serve a sort of "everywhere" bbq, which means it doesn't really have any identity of its own.

It is REALLY hard for BBQ to be BAD. Like, big hunks of meat in sauce/whatever will always be tasty.

robotrock

Banned
I'm an East Coast baby but had BBQ in Austin the other week at The Salt Lick, which was apparently a chain because they had a location at the airport too.

Personally I loved my meal, but would love to know what a BBQ expert has to say about it.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm an East Coast baby but had BBQ in Austin the other week at The Salt Lick, which was apparently a chain because they had a location at the airport too.

Personally I loved my meal, but would love to know what a BBQ expert has to say about it.

There is a difference between local chains and nationwide chains

It is fine. But they attempt to serve a sort of "everywhere" bbq, which means it doesn't really have any identity of its own.

It is REALLY hard for BBQ to be BAD. Like, big hunks of meat in sauce/whatever will always be tasty.

Where have you had it? I live close to the original location (just a few miles), so all the ones in our area are the originals before they began expanding out of Maryland. I've never not been to one that's not packed. My dad loves it, as he's a veteran. He gets a kick out of being able to use the parking spot reserved for veterans. My family actually got tons of it for a surprise party for my 30th birthday earlier this year. There were no left-overs.

BearPawB

Banned
Where have you had it? I live close to the original location (just a few miles), so all the ones in our area are the originals before they began expanding out of Maryland. I've never not been to one that's not packed. My dad loves it, as he's a veteran. He gets a kick out of being able to use the parking spot reserved for veterans. My family actually got tons of it for a surprise party for my 30th birthday earlier this year. There were no left-overs.

We have one in Fayetteville NC.

Lol, like I said, it is fine. I've enjoyed the food there.
But is like saying Chipotle is some bastion of Mexican food. I have also never been to a chipotle that wasn't packed
I eat it a lot, it is tasty, but i would never ever put it on a list of like mexican places to try.

the best xclusive was that carls jr star red dot for codblackops3

bf1 campaign was boring as tears, didn't bother finishing it
Mp is fun though

That stuff doesn't come out of the ground like that. It's harvested, separated, milled, leavened, baked, dried, and then ground up into sprinkly bread.

why would you do that when you can just drive around a sprinkly bread machine and get it straight from the source

Wereroku

We have one in Fayetteville NC.

Lol, like I said, it is fine. I've enjoyed the food there.
But is like saying Chipotle is some bastion of Mexican food. I have also never been to a chipotle that wasn't packed
I eat it a lot, it is tasty, but i would never ever put it on a list of like mexican places to try.

To be fair living in NC means you don't need chain BBQ because there is a local one somewhere near you at all time. Also Vinegar > Sweet.

I don't like how fucking wet kansas city bbq is

if you people cooked the meat better you wouldn't need to drown it in sauce

NC and Texas do it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom