• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butthole of the Year Award

KHv8F.png

hamchan

Finally a category Palmer Luckey has a shot at winning.

Wait, I wasn't following GB back then, but MK9 didn't make their top 10? REALLY? Was Jeff incapacitated for the entirety of the final podcast or something?

10. Rayman Origins
9. LA Noire
8. Gears of War 3
7. Batman: Arkham City
6. The Witcher 2
5. Dead Space 2
4. Portal 2
3. Bastion
2. Saints Row: The Third
1. The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim

LA Noire over MK9 hmmmm.
I have no recollection of that happening.

Meguro

Banned
I can't believe they actually considered Saints Row The Third for GotY at one point.
That was probably the moment I felt most out of touch with any of the guys tastes.

SR3 should have won. More of the guys loved it over Skyrim.

Brad brute forced Skyrim to the win. So embarrassing to see that piece of shit game at #1 when The Witcher 2 is at #6.

And Dark Souls and Deus Ex Human Revolution not even in the top 10.

Just awful.

Zacagawea

Finally a category Palmer Luckey has a shot at winning.

Wait, I wasn't following GB back then, but MK9 didn't make their top 10? REALLY? Was Jeff incapacitated for the entirety of the final podcast or something?

I think the reasoning was something about the online being borked at launch or DLC characters fucking everything up. I just remember Jeff saying something about not needing the online to have fun

derFeef

Brad brute forced Skyrim to the win. So embarrassing to see that piece of shit game at #1 when The Witcher 2 is at #6.

Just awful.

What a year. Filibuster was amazing(ly cringeworthy).

hamchan

I can't believe they actually considered Saints Row The Third for GotY at one point.
That was probably the moment I felt most out of touch with any of the guys tastes.

For Giant Bomb it was clear that more of them loved SR3 than Skyrim. It's a shame they chose to conform with the rest of the gaming media that year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Just awful.

Nah, if Ryan didn't turn heel sr3 would have gotten it.

Skyrim deserved it though. SR3 just plays like a crappy shooter. Skyrim's combat isn't the greatest but it has plenty to make up for it. SR3 probably should have taken it for Giant Bomb specifically but I never got why people liked it even a little bit as much as they did. But hey, to each their own.

If Dark Souls was the same year that was obviously the true GOTY though.

For Giant Bomb it was clear that more of them loved SR3 than Skyrim. It's a shame they chose to conform with the rest of the gaming media that year.

Yes that's maybe the only example I can think of where GB played it safe and went along with the majority. It was so obvious that SR3 was their real GOTY.

Of course, Bethesda did send them that massive statue. We all know Shoemaker's price now.

Skyrim deserved it though.
No. Every game in that top 10 and many which aren't in that top 10 are better than Skyrim.

It's pure gash.

Zaph

Nice to see the new video player keeping it 2016 with a hot winamp skin

Skyrim deserved it though. SR3 just plays like a crappy shooter. Skyrim's combat isn't the greatest but it has plenty to make up for it. SR3 probably should have taken it for Giant Bomb specifically but I never got why people liked it even a little bit as much as they did. But hey, to each their own.

If Dark Souls was the same year that was obviously the true GOTY though.

Skyrim, like all modern Bethesda RPGS's not called New Vegas, deserves nothing.

Speaking of Naughty Dog, I hope one day they make a buddy cop game. That way, they could deftly blend the humor of Uncharted with the tragic moments of The Last of Us. When I previously pitched this idea, for whatever reason, people also wanted it to be set in space (perhaps due to TLOU's Savage Starlight), but I think a traditional buddy cop setting (Earth) would be just as fine. Personally, I'd rather see Savage Starlight be a Star Wars-esque IP from Naughty Dog.

Naughty Dog can reboot, or just boot, Eight Days for that buddy cop game.

Joeku

No. Every game in that top 10 and many which aren't in that top 10 are better than Skyrim.

It's pure gash.

I love SR3 and it should have won GotY, and fuck Skyrim. Goddamn you, Brad.

But somehow seeing it described as "gash" makes me uncomfortable. I'm not sure why.

oti

Banned
GOTY 2015 Deliberations

Alex: "[...] I'd be arguing for Splatoon for game of the year."
Brad: "You're out of your fucking mind."

We remember, Brad.
We remember.

Dismissing the FRESHEST shooter in years and yet quite possibly pushing for DOzzZzZzOM.

If anyone on the team was even slightly decent at the game, Hitman would be a shoe-in for GOTY.

As it is, Jeff is going to call it janky and it's going to miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom