• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

So I accidentally read something about Deadly Premonition. DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

I shouldn't have done that, guess I have to keep watching.

popo

I just loaded up the Bombcast for the first time in months. Can someone link me to the podcast where Dan talks about this legal trouble issue? Or quickly summarize it? I'd heard he was moving to NYC, but I feel so lost on the rest of this.

Last week, but he doesn't go in to any detail about his specific contract issue - said more on Twitter.

That does look promising. That cable dangling from the back of your head during roomscale stuff is definitely another one of those VR issues.

Yep. That cable actually isn't necessary though; it goes to an optional pocket battery that increases capacity. Two hours with the built-in battery, five with the pocket battery.

justjim89

Welp. Just saw a video of what happens if you sided with
Jane
at the end of TWDS2 in the new season.

I think I'll wait for a sale on that one.

Zaph

jwf8Fb0.png

Xater

Yep. That cable actually isn't necessary though; it goes to an optional pocket battery that increases capacity. Two hours with the built-in battery, five with the pocket battery.

Oh you misunderstood. I meant without using this thing. Being physically tethered to your machine during roomscale kinda sucks.

Salarians

Welp. Just saw a video of what happens if you sided with
Jane
at the end of TWDS2 in the new season.

I think I'll wait for a sale on that one.
why would you do that

this quote
This is for people who haven’t played The Walking Dead before, or don’t recall their previous experience. In this mode, Season Three starts with a Clementine who has lost everyone from the previous Seasons and is left alone with AJ.
has set up my expectations for the season in regards to characters (that aren't Clem) returning

I'm still bitter over Nate and the rest of the 400 Days crew tbh

It's weird how the Witcher series has more continuity between games than TellTale's TWD, a franchise based entirely on consequences.

Oh well. They're still fun rides.
so uncle death probably won character of the year huh

Eesh. If that ends up happening, The December Bump is terrifyingly real.
Really? Probably the worst year for videogames.

Sorry, but no. The Year of Strategy cannot possibly be 'worst year.'

Hindl

2016 was a great year for video games. 2014 was ass, and then 2015 stepped it up and 2016 was great. Doom, Stardew Valley, Inside, Abzu, Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, UC4, The Witness, Hitman, DS3...it's been a great year imo and that's without VR launching and showing some promise

Zornack

I'm having difficulty thinking what genre of games a person could prefer to find this year disappointing. I guess if you're primarily a Nitendo gamer then this year sucked for you.

oti

Banned
I'm having difficulty thinking what genre of games a person could prefer to find this year disappointing. I guess if you're primarily a Nitendo gamer then this year sucked for you.
Platformers are my favourite genre. It's basically Nintendo or nothing else. 😥
At least there's also Yooka-Layle next year, although I'm not a big fan of N64 platformers.

Johndoey

Banned
Oxenfree and the fact that Telltale's Batman actually does something interesting with Vicki Vale means 2016 was fabulous. Seriously kudos to them for actually using Vale for something other than mouthpiece or distressed damsel.

Also a heap of great FPS's is always welcome. Hell even if I didn't love it the fact FFXV finally stumbled out the gate makes this a pretty interesting year.

FStop7

Banned
2012 - 2014 scoff at your assertions that this was a bad year for games

Shadow of Mordor GOTY. Nothing else needs to be said.

For games this year was great minus Nintendo except Pokemon...I assume. I'm waiting for the Switch version. And maybe that Fire Emblem x SMT game. That might've been last year.

Dragon's Dogma's true release was in 2016. There hasn't been a better time to be playing video games.

Damn, that's right, I put over 100 hours into DD in January. Never fully clicked with me on 360 but I love me some Dark Arisen, god damn that was good. 2016 was fantastic. Last year was amazing too. There have been a few disappointments, but many more amazing games this year. It's the one thing this dumbass year got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom