• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Would you say that this year, you had a bad time?

Spa...spaghetti?

Nah whatever, it was a fine year for me personally. Games are alright too I guess.

Probably a bad time overall for the world. As someone not from the states or the UK though my time probably isn't as bad as them. :p

Spa...spaghetti?

Nah whatever, it was a fine year for me personally. Games are alright too I guess.

Probably a bad time overall for the world. As someone not from the states or the UK though my time probably isn't as bad as them. :p

not to get too political up in this B but trust me, the dark times for Europe are coming. 2016 was a preview for the rest of us.

D4WvvRI.gif

Nothing this year is better than undertale so it's still an overall disappointment.
I didn't care about ANYTHING this year as much as I did Undertale, but I'd still say the average was higher.

Undertale was a bolt-from-the-blue, redefining what I think video games can do outlier of a game. It's almost not fair to judge the year as a whole by it.

Mr. F

Banned
Nothing this year is better than undertale so it's still an overall disappointment.

I'm still kicking myself that I never got around to playing undertale despite buying it at release.

Is it still worth a look? I never spoiled anything for myself plot wise but I can't help but feel my impression will be coloured by the crazy fandom/hype that followed it.

Johndoey

Banned
A Jeff Gerstmann Funko pop would finally complete me as an individual.
---
Persona 5 looks so uninteresting to me. Can't figure out why.

Day 5 2014 was longer at ~4:11.

Looks like we're getting a bad ending. Doom or Hitman, maybe? Those seem like the most impassioned angles, but Overwatch has the mass appeal of the full crew.

Looks like we're getting a bad ending. Doom or Hitman, maybe? Those seem like the most impassioned angles, but Overwatch has the mass appeal of the full crew.

I think it's obvious Overwatch won. The reason why it's 20 minutes shorter is because they become numb to the truth of it.

SamNW

I think that Doom probably has wider appeal in that room than Overwatch.

SamNW

Yeah, I'm still thinking Doom gets the win and the more contentious fight is between Overwatch and Hitman for 2.
I have a hard time imagining them putting Overwatch at #2 or #3. Some of that could be my own personal bias, but neither Jeff nor Brad will want it that high.

Maiorum

Yeah, I'm still thinking Doom gets the win and the more contentious fight is between Overwatch and Hitman for 2.

I don't think so. If Doom wins, Hitman is a clinch for no.2. Dan will probably go for Hitman over Overwatch, Alex might push for OW, maybe alongside Vinny, and no one else gives a fuck about OW.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm still kicking myself that I never got around to playing undertale despite buying it at release.

Is it still worth a look? I never spoiled anything for myself plot wise but I can't help but feel my impression will be coloured by the crazy fandom/hype that followed it.

Sure, why not? I actually can't tell how much the fandom will effect a person's appreciation for it because I got in before the deluge.

That's disappointingly short.

Did the others really like Doom that much? I've been under the impression that only Dan, Jeff, and Brad really went into it, with the others dipping their toe in it or not playing it at all.

Hitman is in a similar position, but with a few more people backing it. And no "it's good Doom" cache.

But then both have major negatives: Doom's mutliplayer, and Hitman's online-only element. They will be the cudgels wielded to attack the games.

Overwatch, meanwhile, has had a broad and long-lasting hook into several duders. I feel like Alex and Vinny, for example, were talking about months later, and not in "oh there was a new update" but "I'm still playing it" kind of way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did the others really like Doom that much? I've been under the impression that only Dan, Jeff, and Brad really went into it, with the others dipping their toe in it or not playing it at all.

Hitman is in a similar position, but with a few more people backing it. And no "it's good Doom" cache.

But then both have major negatives: Doom's mutliplayer, and Hitman's online-only element. They will be the cudgels wielded to attack the games.

Overwatch, meanwhile, has had a broad and long-lasting hook into several duders. I feel like Alex and Vinny, for example, were talking about months later, and not in "oh there was a new update" but "I'm still playing it" kind of way.
Sadly Brad and Jeff are all that matter

Johndoey

Banned
Alex folds like a card table and Vinny lacks the stamina or interest for a sustained argument, Doom is definitely going over Overwatch. Besides Jeff usually dictates a decent amount of the list.

Lijik

Platformers are my favourite genre. It's basically Nintendo or nothing else. 😥
At least there's also Yooka-Layle next year, although I'm not a big fan of N64 platformers.
Platformers are my favorite too and Ive played a decent chunk this year. Its not 2016s fault you were too busy shitposting about Doom to go find games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom