• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

My Oculus avatar ended up in the VRodeo stream during the toybox section b/c I'm friends with Jeff on the service. It is not a very appropriate avatar for a giantbomb video.

Rainmaker

Banned
Shout out to the Bombcast and Beastcast for being the only podcasts I listen to that don't suck up to Lin Manuel Miranda every chance they get

If we're talking about brief jeff encounters, I was on the Trackmania stream he did (you can see me freak out in the text chat about completing one of the most bullshit courses I have ever seen) and then once it was literally just him and I on the GB server.

Rainmaker

Banned
me and jeff were at the first woodstock together. hittin it big and spacin out to the rhythm. remember him leaning over and saying "this is the convergence, man" like it was just yesterday

bjork

I saw a dude at the 2013 Bridge School Benefit in San Jose that looked a lot like Jeff. Same build, same hair, and even had the white tracksuit. This person was laying on the ground after drinking too much everclear, according to his friends, and he awoke only to vomit on himself, and then again about an hour later to dab himself off with napkins and go back to sleep.

I wrote in once to ask if it was him, but it either wasn't and Brad knew that, or it was and Brad knew that. Because he never reads my emails ever. But part of me knows it was Dr. Tracksuit.

Rainmaker

Banned
So what you're saying is that the Bombcast and Beastcast suck because LMM is a fucking awesome guy?

I didn't say anything about LMM being awful. He's alright. A little cringey at times and I find Hamilton to be pretty lame for a myriad of reasons (the zeitgeist around it is way worse) but that's personal preference. I just know of the four podcasts I listen to weekly two of them reference him a lot in a very annoying way. The McElroys especially have no chill when it comes to him.

I didn't say anything about LMM being awful. He's alright. A little cringey at times and I find Hamilton to be pretty lame for a myriad of reasons (the zeitgeist around it is way worse) but that's personal preference. I just know of the four podcasts I listen to weekly two of them reference him a lot in a very annoying way. The McElroys especially have no chill when it comes to him.
Well they are literally personal friends with him so it kinda makes sense.

hamchan

I know this might be blasphemy in this thread but if I had the chance to hang meet and hang out with either Lin Manuel Miranda or Giant Bomb for a day I would pick the former.

Also Hamilton is the best musical since Phantom of the Opera.

Basically Giant Bomb doesn't need to do any LMM dick riding, I will do it all for them.

(The McElroys also actually know LMM, have had him on their podcast and LMM thanked them when he won a Tony award. So no surprise there that they love the guy.)

J_Viper

Video versions for GOTY podcasts this year?! We get to see the Brad filibuster in action.

bradwatchtheworldburn9xrof.gif

This is the best

Johndoey

Banned
Everyone will disagree. Jeff will say it's Soldier 76. Soldier 76 will win.
It's clearly 76, dude has a sick ass jacket and dope Gordi visor.

Half the cast of Overwatch is sub GI Joe level millennial trash, probably hanging out in vape lounges an shit.

"Look at our dull, tired ass designs people are going to pretend are amazing!"- Overwatch

Meneses

I see a GBeast playdate on the schedule, "Hitman and More".

Probably a(n) homage to the games that didn't make it to the top spot.

edit: Competing with the Live Bombcast? Obviously still bad blood from GotY talks.

Sometime GOTY casts go on too long. Arguing and debating is fun, until Brad drags out what he wants for an hour and everyone gives in to him.

That's still an awful lot of GOTY content and will hopefully result in a better debate/arguments.

Zebetite

Banned
listening to last year's goty casts while at work

remember when they were debating best music and tried to use the peace walker theme to justify mgs5's inclusion, and nobody, not even dan "world's biggest metal gear fan" ryckert, knew it was in fact an old, recycled piece of music by composers much better than whatever jobber did mgs5's original score

listening to last year's goty casts while at work

remember when they were debating best music and tried to use the peace walker theme to justify mgs5's inclusion, and nobody, not even dan "world's biggest metal gear fan" ryckert, knew it was in fact an old, recycled piece of music by composers much better than whatever jobber did mgs5's original score

Ryckert also continuously kept crediting HGW for MGS' music when he hasn't scored anything since the PW theme I'm pretty sure. At any rate, he had practically nothing to do with MGS5 (I think that game's score is great tho and I think HGW's contributions to MGS are severely overrated)

Zebetite

Banned
Ryckert also continuously kept crediting HGW for MGS' music when he hasn't scored anything since the PW theme I'm pretty sure. At any rate, he had practically nothing to do with MGS5 (I think that game's score is great tho and I think HGW's contributions to MGS are severely overrated)

Oh definitely. HGW only scored the cutscenes in MGS2 and 3 for the most part. All the good, memorable music from when you're actually playing the game is from my man Norihiko Hibino

JamboGT

I have never heard of Lin Manuel Miranda until people talked about him in this thread. Maybe he isn't a big deal over here yet, or maybe I am out of touch. Who knows!

I have never heard of Lin Manuel Miranda until people talked about him in this thread. Maybe he isn't a big deal over here yet, or maybe I am out of touch. Who knows!

All I know is that he's the Hamilton guy. And all I know about Hamilton is that it had all those GIFs that spoke too soon about Trump.

justjim89

I know he's tight with the McElroys and he did some musical about a rapping Thomas Jefferson that makes old white people upset. So he must be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom