• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Man Vinny's run of Hitsmas is fucking amazing

I couldn't even believe what I was seeing. Vinny is a miracle of the universe.

I wonder if people have already made player contracts for those runs. You couldn't include the wild card but you could just enforce it on yourself.

Brad's pulls made me so mad
that he couldn't even get Novikov. All he fucking had to do was walk 3 steps, get the rat poison and recipe, and be a little patient.

strafer

I wonder if people have already made player contracts for those runs. You couldn't include the wild card but you could just enforce it on yourself.

that he couldn't even get Novikov. All he fucking had to do was walk 3 steps, get the rat poison and recipe, and be a little patient.

Brad is actually better at talking about games than playing them.

LiK

Someone mentioned earlier that you can already do their contracts on PC.

Mupod

Vinny is to open world/sandbox games what Nathan Drake is to crumbling ancient ruins.

I remember a Far Cry 4 PC stream he did where it didn't like his control configuration or something and just completely fell to pieces.

LiK

Vinny is to open world/sandbox games what Nathan Drake is to crumbling ancient ruins.

I remember a Far Cry 4 PC stream he did where it didn't like his control configuration or something and just completely fell to pieces.

Vinny completely broke FC4 during the introduction sequence which was hilarious.

LiK

I got stuck with The Witness and gave up. Haven't gone back. almost tempted to just look up solutions. I'm with Vinny that it's not the type of game for me. Frankly, I got bored with it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I imagine The Witness would be a helluva lot easier to play for you than Doom. Most of the game is spent standing still.

I actually bought The Witness at launch. I could not play for more than 15 minutes without getting ill. It gave me the quickest and most intense motion sickness. No other game has done it that quickly and that intensely. The Doom demo was sorta close but not as bad.

I actually bought The Witness at launch. I could not play for more than 15 minutes without getting ill. It gave me the quickest and most intense motion sickness. No other game has done it that quickly and that intensely. The Doom demo was sorta close but not as bad.

Damn, that sucks. Must be a bummer to be that sensitive to first-person games.

LiK

I think people requested a patch to help with motion sickness sickness because of it. I don't remember if it's been added since release.

Edit: apparently, they patched it to alleviate motion sickness issues.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/07/th...-options-to-help-with-motion-sickness-issues/

Meguro

Banned
The Witness is to date the only thing to ever give me motion sickness.
Something was just fuuuuucked about that game and I really don't know why.
I played for an hour and then went to throw up.
Tried it again the next day and hurled again.
A shame since I enjoyed that hour despite feeling awful.

I think people requested a patch to help with motion sickness sickness because of it. I don't remember if it's been added since release.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/07/th...-options-to-help-with-motion-sickness-issues/

The Witness is to date the only thing to ever give me motion sickness.
Something was just fuuuuucked about that game and I really don't know why.
I played for an hour and then went to throw up.
Tried the next day and hurled again.
A shame since I enjoyed that hour despite feeling awful.

Huh! I had no idea it was such an issue with The Witness.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Damn, that sucks. Must be a bummer to be that sensitive to first-person games.

It does. Inconsistent framerates can be a bother for me as well. I was super worried about getting into vr until I could try it to verify that I was not buying an $800 motion sickness inducing paperweight.

I read that they patched it a while ago but I don't know if I can refund the same game twice on Steam for motion sickness reasons.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fuck it. I'm going to run to the store and try the ginger candy/root thing. I've never tried that and I really want to play Doom and The Witness. I'll download the Doom demo again and see if it works.

Fuck it. I'm going to run to the store and try the ginger candy/root thing. I've never tried that and I really want to play Doom and The Witness. I'll download the Doom demo again and see if it works.

Let us know! I'm very curious about that kind of remedy since I occasionally have issues playing VR stuff.

Johndoey

Banned
I got stuck with The Witness and gave up. Haven't gone back. almost tempted to just look up solutions. I'm with Vinny that it's not the type of game for me. Frankly, I got bored with it.
Have you tried Talos Principle? It's also a first person puzzler but I found it a bit more engaging.

daveo42

Banned
The Witness was a game that made me feel real stupid and real smart all at the same time. I ending up putting it down earlier this year for another game and never went back to it, which means I'll probably never finish the game. The great thing was It had just a simple design and a level of complexity that could easily rack your brains for hours or days at a time, but every time you figured out a puzzle or an area, you got this crazy sense of accomplishment that no other puzzle game has ever given me.

patapuf

The Paul Barnett's Six Games of 2016 podcast is exellent for anyone interested in the perspective of the business side and games making side of gaming.

Really fun to listen to him talk about what he thought were important games last year, rather than the best ones and lots of inside baseball.

he also almost explains why there's no bad company 2. .

faridmon

I like Waypoint, and while I disagree on many things, their take on things is certainly interested.

Their Podcast is very good, but their website content need a very editorial cleanup. I didn't even know they did fanfic until I read it here.

Also I hated Witness. Very much hated it. I was enjoying the puzzles and was looking forward to the end until I realised the game was up tits own ass The ending made me just infuriated

patapuf

I like Waypoint, and while I disagree on many things, their take on things is certainly interested.

Their Podcast is very good, but their website content need a very editorial cleanup. I didn't even know they did fanfic until I read it here.

Also I hated Witness. Very much hated it. I was enjoying the puzzles and was looking forward to the end until I realised the game was up tits own ass The ending made me just infuriated

They don't, it's just an eccentric GOTY format.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Drew & Dan talked about it on a bombcast this year. That there is something you could wear that helps with motion sickness if I'm not mistaken, don't know what it is though.

I think it's called seaband. I don't usually listen to the podcasts though.

Let us know! I'm very curious about that kind of remedy since I occasionally have issues playing VR stuff.

Will do. I picked up some candy and some ginger ale.

The Paul Barnett's Six Games of 2016 podcast is exellent for anyone interested in the perspective of the business side and games making side of gaming.

Really fun to listen to him talk about what he thought were important games last year, rather than the best ones and lots of inside baseball.

he also almost explains why there's no bad company 2. .

This podcast is pretty amazing. The story of how a two word tweet by Jeff almost killed a noteworthy game is pretty nuts.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I only had a little bit left of the demo but the ginger candy seemed to help. I could feel myself being on the verge of sickness. I need to do some more experimenting.

2907318-es.jpg
Alt+F1: 111 - Monocoque
The F1 rumor mill doesn't take holidays (unlike SOME PEOPLE), but thankfully Drew is here to deliver the precious gifts of anticipation, speculation, and emails.

daveo42

Banned
I just read Lang's Top 10 and I just have to say...

Thanks Lang for bringing Windjammers back. We really appreciate all the work you did on bringing back Windjammers.

I only had a little bit left of the demo but the ginger candy seemed to help. I could feel myself being on the verge of sickness. I need to do some more experimenting.

What platform are you playing on? Do you happen to have a Vita? A friend of mine who has the same issue was able to play through the Witness with no motion sickness by playing on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom