• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Remember when people said the NES Mini wouldn't have shortages because it wasn't for us and it was a cheap little, easy to make stocking sutffer type thing?

Man, I can't wait to see how much the Switch launch fumbles their shipment.
Nintendo forecast is 2 million Switch to retailers in March, so I assume they'll produce at least that many. I haven't checked 3DS/Wii U launch sales but I remember the discussion being that this target is optimistic compared to first month of these consoles.
I will still preorder as soon as possible. and a Pro Controller that I can return if the joy-con grip is good enough.

FStop7

Banned
That's what I get for making a list right after waking up. Hitman would go in over Superhot or Legion.

Wait, WoW? Are you expecting Rorie to burst into the studio and give a passionate speech that will make everyone agree to put the game on the list?

I think he could chime in on its behalf since it's been very well received and he did all of that WoW raid retrospective streaming.

G9u9P4V.jpg

Oh, Dave...

One thing about some of the mini-games in this Mario Party is how many of them seem to have a dark-ish ending for the players who lose. Between falling down a canyon, getting trapped in a computer, and that confetti in the the ball pit one probably being the shredded remains of the three losing players, it really lends credence to the idea that the Mario Party world is some kind of purgatory/hell dimension meant to punish the characters for their sins.

One thing about some of the mini-games in this Mario Party is how many of them seem to have a dark-ish ending for the players who lose. Between falling down a canyon, getting trapped in a computer, and that confetti in the the ball pit one probably being the shredded remains of the three losing players, it really lends credence to the idea that the Mario Party world is some kind of purgatory/hell dimension meant to punish the characters for their sins.

Sounds like you have a shitty, pointless YouTube video to make thousands off of.

Joeku

Mario Party Party Ring Theory

Someone cut that infamous behind the scenes footage of Lucas & co. watching Phantom Menace dead-faced with Jeff as Lucas and footage of Dan being maximum Dan on the screen, complete with Jeff leaning over and saying "I may have gone too far in a few places."

I hate this because it's not a fucking moonsault. Not even remotely resembling one.

Also, rolled credits on Dishonored 2 with an Emily/low chaos run. Super fun game. I don't know if it's better than the first, but it's up there with it. #2 on my GOTY list behind Hitman.

it's only called a moonsault in one of the versions

Johndoey

Banned
Played like 11 hours of Dishonored 2 so far, not feeling the world or characters and the combat is poor. The movement feels great though. Emily's powers are enjoyable. It's okay. The audio is utterly fucked.

justjim89

Played like 11 hours of Dishonored 2 so far, not feeling the world or characters and the combat is poor. The movement feels great though.

I kinda like all those things about it, especially Emily as a protagonist. Stephen Russell is ultimately pretty disappointing as Corvo though considering how good he was in Thief back in the day.

As far as combat, using domino to link a group of enemies together, grabbing one in a choke only for his buddy to attack you and accidentally kill your captive as well as himself and the others was an immensely satisfying trick.

Meneses

Whenever I see "Flashback" on a game title I keep hoping it's a port / remaster of the Delphine game. That game is so good.
Let's forget about that "remake", please, that was heartbreaking.

Johndoey

Banned
I kinda like all those things about it, especially Emily as a protagonist. Stephen Russell is ultimately pretty disappointing as Corvo though considering how good he was in Thief back in the day.

As far as combat, using domino to link a group of enemies together, grabbing one in a choke only for his buddy to attack you and accidentally kill your captive as well as himself and the others was an immensely satisfying trick.
Yeah I forgot to mention it earlier but yeah the Voice actress for Emily is putting in some quality work, same with the VA for the ship captain and Robin Taylor as the Outsider.

And for all my grousing the Clockwork Mansion is if nothing else unique and a great spectacle.

kingocfs

I can't remember why I stopped renting games. Even if I hold onto the game for ten-twelve days it still works out price wise.

Man, renting games was the fucking best back in the Blockbuster days.

Except for that one time I rented Mortal Kombat for the SNES, opened the box when I got home and it was a goddamn Flinstones game.

For those that are interested, I got a Dishonered definitive edition code(came with the Dishonered 2 LE) so if you want it, shoot me a PM(Xbox One). I also got codes for Gears 1, 2 & 3. First come, first served.

Well at least I have something to wear when my "Dan Ryckert is a monster" shirt is in the wash now.

That's a damn good shirt.

I'm curious if Titanfall 2 will be ranked higher than Overwatch on their top ten. I have no idea how it will shake out, but my gut is Doom at 1, Hitman at 2, and then one of those at 3.

justjim89

I wanna get into 4x games... but I think they're just beyond me. Tried playing like 4 hours of Endless Legend and I feel like I understood less than when I started. Like, the goals, the way you go about it, the endless menu's, submenu's, and mechanics. It's all so confusing.

I wanna get into 4x games... but I think they're just beyond me. Tried playing like 4 hours of Endless Legend and I feel like I understood less than when I started. Like, the goals, the way you go about it, the endless menu's, submenu's, and mechanics. It's all so confusing.

Civ is a lot easier to come to grips with. I had no problem starting Civ 5 as a total newbie. But even with that experience, Endless Legend was too daunting for me as well. Civ has the benefit of using easy to understand terms like Food, whereas all the fantasy stuff in Endless Legend just made it harder to parse. Granted, I didn't try very hard to get into it, but with Civ I never had any issues. Civ 5 with expansions is still a great purchase on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom