• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Watch Dogs seems to have the problem(?) GTA IV had with the story and characters being at odds with the reality of the gameplay.

jgminto

What a strange segment. Almost 7 mins in and it's all been Nick (I think that's his name) crying about Chinese film producers doing the same stuff every producers does but because that will take away power from US producers and not the other way around like it'ss been forever, since China will be come a bigger market, that is in someway bad?

This is either badly placed patriotism or a lack of filmmaking knowledge

edit: It's both and at times dancing on the racism line.

Dan was literally the only person that never said anything stupid.
Was he the one that was all "Trump Presidency won't be that bad" on Twitter?

Strax

Sounds like a Kinda Funny podcast alright.

The few times I listened to them they always went pretty deep into similar topics with a super heavy US bias. Turned me off. Not that it's automatically a bad thing, but atleast be more aware of it, I guess? GB does that so much better without ever even getting overly political.

Don't listen to the conversation on police shootings of African American men from earlier in the year then. Shit was flaw as fuck and starting to get into doing the whole "well if I was there, I wouldn't have aggravated the officer" talk.

It's like this almost mean spirited ignorance. It was like this realization on my part "oh y'all ain't shit".
--

One of the literally said it took them out of the movie how much a chinese fighterpilot was part of the story in Independence Day: Resurgence.

I'm really glad Dan was on point in this discussion.

strafer

Has anyone noticed that the Macgyver reboot stars a bootleg Drew?
CBS_MACGYVER_106_CLEAN_IMAGE_thumb_Master.jpg

And they both work for CBS

What a horrible fucking show. Really shitty.

Makes Gigli look like a fucking masterpiece.

Bleh

Meguro

Banned
Fuck Colin.
I said it before.
I really wish Greg Miller would find a new business/work partner because I have no intention of ever watching anything with Colin in it ever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What kind of hellish show is that?

I dunno, the guy to the left of Dan was pretty reasonable.

I do like how they attribute transformers 4 and the new independence day being dumb special effects blockbusters to China's influence as opposed to being transformers and independence Day films.

I dunno, the guy to the left of Dan was pretty reasonable.

I do like how they attribute transformers 4 and the new independence day being dumb special effects blockbusters to China's influence as opposed to being transformers and independence Day films.

Yeah man I used to go to the Transformers films for thought-provoking ruminations on the nature of man before the Chinese and Marky Mark ruined it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJbizELHYQ

What a strange segment. Almost 7 mins in and it's all been Nick (I think that's his name) crying about Chinese film producers doing the same stuff every producers does but because that will take away power from US producers and not the other way around like it'ss been forever, since China will be come a bigger market, that is in someway bad?

This is either badly placed patriotism or a lack of filmmaking knowledge

edit: It's both and at times dancing on the racism line.

Dan was literally the only person that never said anything stupid.

Watched it, and yeah... you're spot on. I can see why they invited film major Dan Ryckert, but the topic seems a bit too insular to bring guests into.

Now it's time for me to admit that all this time I've assumed GameOverGreggy was a gaming podcast.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta mark your territory

edit:
Has anybody else ever noticed how Jeff says UK when he means Europe?

SomberOwl

i think the majority of their audience is on par with GB. 20's-30's.

Really? I think it's probably younger than the GB demographic. I mean they are heavily youtube focused, pretty juvenile in a lot of their discussions and above all else, occasionally make stupid faces in their youtube thumbnails.

I mean maybe GBs and Kinda Funny's demographic is similar but I'd really like to believe it's not and that GB is on the older side. Or at the very least more mature.

Giganteus

So you haven't experienced the glory that is the beta player yet? It's like the old player, but superior in every way.

Congrats!
My only complaint is it looks ancient to me, like something from several years ago. Really ugly to look at. I don't know if that's temporary, though.

klonere

Banned
Wow am I correct in seeing that Waypoint has no comments section?

What non user-driver experience interactive social web 3.0 the medium is the message rubbish is this?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow am I correct in seeing that Waypoint has no comments section?

What non user-driver experience interactive social web 3.0 the medium is the message rubbish is this?
I think it's a new trend to get rid of them:
http://www.niemanlab.org/2015/09/what-happened-after-7-news-sites-got-rid-of-reader-comments/
http://www.npr.org/sections/ombudsman/2016/08/17/489516952/npr-website-to-get-rid-of-comments

The rationale behind it is pretty interesting, but I'm split on it. They argue that commenters are a very small part of the actual audience.

NPR.org recorded nearly 33 million unique users, and 491,000 comments. But those comments came from just 19,400 commenters, Montgomery said. That's 0.06 percent of users who are commenting, a number that has stayed steady through 2016.

daveo42

Banned
Comment sections in general are about the worst places on the internet regardless of position on any given topic. While they could moderate comment sections on their posts, it's much easier to forego the section all together instead of culling a tide of hate. I'm fine with it.

LiK

watching Atari Flashback QL. Old games still look fun but good lord I cannot stand the audio for super old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom