• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Nothing the McElroy brothers have ever done has been funny to me. I don't know why they keep getting brought up.

Because they're kinda Giant Bomb adjacent and have a similar air of irreverence. Personality driven content with a fondness for things that are dumb. Not difficult to see the similarities.

Except the McElroys are a lot more reliable in terms of delivering content

Johndoey

Banned
To anyone who had an Xbox one and upgraded to an S is an original One fine? The size of the original isn't a huge issue for me, are there any other major differences?

Catching up on Extra Life, love Jeff crashing the Star Trek pinball game with his sweet jackpot skills.

I'm really tempted to get whatever this pinball collection thing he's playing is.

To anyone who had an Xbox one and upgraded to an S is an original One fine? The size of the original isn't a huge issue for me, are there any other major differences?
The original one is fine in size. S model just looks cooler and is a tad smaller. Also no power Brock

Teddified

The original one is fine in size. S model just looks cooler and is a tad smaller. Also no power Brock

2473638-brock-lesnar.png

FStop7

Banned

The original is larger and the first version of the controller isn't so good - stiff and clicky shoulder buttons. Otherwise it's fine.

I think the original may be a little quieter than the S, too.

FStop7

Banned
Skate 3 only has 20 Hall of Meat challenges. I beat them all in one sitting and now I feel empty inside.

You could make an entire HoM game. EA pls.

FluxWaveZ

Not sure I understand where Jason is coming from with his repeated disgust at Street Fighter V. Game launched as a damn mess, and they continued to screw it up as it moved forward, but they've also been fixing a lot of important things about the game as well, and there are no road blocks to simply playing and having fun with it now. If it's paid cosmetics, isn't that just modern video games?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
#Samanthasthenewhire2017

who?
Edit: Not meant as an insult, just no idea who you are talking about.

Watching the BGE Playdate and my lord does GoW look boring.

I also just watched it and man, you are right. It looks like a shooting gallery. Move forward until somebody screams "MOAR DEEBEES!", then shoot them. Rinse and repeat. Game looks nice tho.

Not sure I understand where Jason is coming from with his repeated disgust at Street Fighter V. Game launched as a damn mess, and they continued to screw it up as it moved forward, but they've also been fixing a lot of important things about the game as well, and there are no road blocks to simply playing and having fun with it now. If it's paid cosmetics, isn't that just modern video games?

I don't think it's really rational, just Jason things. I doubt he could explain it himself, he's not very good at articulating his thoughts on a good day. Personally I'm disappointed in SF5 but mostly because the overall package is lackluster, the netcode/matchmaking isn't great, and FUCK SURVIVAL MODE. But it doesn't warrant disgust (rootkit business aside).

I assume Samantha Kalman, indie game dev with no apparent experience, or interest in, moving to games journalism. But hey, don't let that stop you dreaming.

She played Third Strike excellently on an Extra Life stream and it's an in-joke to throw out predictions when hiring is active.

f0rk

A lot of people seem to want more from a fighting game. They say it's tutorials and stuff like that, but no one really expects that from Overwatch or Titanfall 2 so I don't really think that's fair. What is missing is sick CoD guitar riffs when you gain a (permanent) rank and blind box skins. Really I think we've been conditioned to need some frilly bullshit to enjoy a truly competitive game, rather than just playing to compete.

FStop7

Banned
Watch Dogs 2 seems like it would be a better game without guns and random murder. But that probably wouldn't sell.

Hey check out us mischief making scamps messing with The System, man!

Now check me out hosing down this entire street of pedestrians with a grenade launcher!

justjim89

Hey check out us mischief making scamps messing with The System, man!

Now check me out hosing down this entire street of pedestrians with a grenade launcher!

Right. Mischievous young hackers sticking it to the man, also murdering cops with 3d printed guns. Like, I wish bigger games would avoid combat when not necessary. There are other ways to make compelling gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom