• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

chogidogs

Big fan of the frying pan pizza reheating method. Even better than when you just got the pizza delivered cause the cheese gets bubbly.

Strax

I've heard (probably on a podcast) Greg Miller say Adam Boyes told him the best way to reheat pizza. You put it in a small frypan and cover the slice with aluminum foil. You cook on the stove top for about 5 minutes at high. The pizza cooks in its own oils that seep out as it is reheated. The foil helps evenly reheat the pizza. Wanting to try this to see if Greg (and Adam) were not exaggerating, I gave it a shot. Man, they were not exaggerating! The crispiness of the pizza was light, but the crunch of it was so satisfying. I learned the hard way, though, that you really want to wash away the grease before doing a second slice. If you don't, the second slice burns easily and becomes a charred mess (with most of the pizza stuck to the fry pan).

Why would you ever re-heat pizza? You buy pizza put it on the counter and then eat it the next day.
---
Slash Fiction needs more Giant Bomb play.

Your cold pizza agenda isn't going to fly here friend.

Cold pizza ��

My first NeoGAF thread

jambo

What kind of pizza do you like?

You are a crazy person.

Australian pizza

J6SbcG2.jpg

Pile that shit on!

Peru

Italian pizza done well is the best, but generally all pizza is amazing and I would have to be sick as a dog to say no to any variety. Say yes to a multicultural pizza world. For the most part. I lived in Korea for 2 years and my pizza there was great, including from local chains, but you just had to be careful and not order the weird ones with mountains of shrimp and general seafoodogazmas with everything extra piled on. That shit sucks and is definitely widely sold.

Meneses

Guys, I need help finding a (popular) gif that's usually posted as kind of a "ohh, I see" response.

I think it's Mekhi Phifer looking around (I might be mistaken).

It was probably posted on this very thread (or a previous edition) more than once, but I can't find it.

popo

How is it that two separate video versions of the podcast go up before the audio? That doesn't seem right.

The video goes up raw, so it can start encoding as soon as they finish recording. Brad needs to do some editing of the audio version, like putting the ads in the right places and I believe it comes from a local copy - so both the video and audio have separate pipelines and should not hold each other up.

Zaph

Guys, I need help finding a (popular) gif that's usually posted as kind of a "ohh, I see" response.

I think it's Mekhi Phifer looking around (I might be mistaken).

It was probably posted on this very thread (or a previous edition) more than once, but I can't find it.

o1X13ix.gif

stop browsing gaf and watch The Wire

yeah but as gaf reminds us nobody played the wii u so they're basically just new games

Thinking about it, you could probably skip the Wii U and not miss much if Nintendo's porting the handful of good games to the Wii U or will get sequels that supersede them (Mario Maker 2). There's like, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Both are dope but still.

I forgot that came out. I kind of want to play it, too. Something about Xenoblade X being kind of bad and not feeling FFXV has me wanting to play a non-open world JRPG.

I've heard (probably on a podcast) Greg Miller say Adam Boyes told him the best way to reheat pizza. You put it in a small frypan and cover the slice with aluminum foil. You cook on the stove top for about 5 minutes at high. The pizza cooks in its own oils that seep out as it is reheated. The foil helps evenly reheat the pizza. Wanting to try this to see if Greg (and Adam) were not exaggerating, I gave it a shot. Man, they were not exaggerating! The crispiness of the pizza was light, but the crunch of it was so satisfying. I learned the hard way, though, that you really want to wash away the grease before doing a second slice. If you don't, the second slice burns easily and becomes a charred mess (with most of the pizza stuck to the fry pan).

I'd never heard of this before but I'm definitely going to give that a try because cold pizza is for crazy people, but sometimes I have some left over.

3 remakes is considered good now because it's Nintendo?
Splatoon essentially sounds like a sequel (new maps, new single player, new game modes, new accessories) bundled with the console at launch, Mario Kart sounds like it has a decent chunk of new content, and Skyrim is at least something new for a Nintendo platform.

If the 3D Mario's good, that's a very strong lineup, particularly by the standards of Nintendo's last few launches.

Zornack

3 remakes is considered good now because it's Nintendo?

Yeah seriously, plus Zelda maybe missing launch is hilariously terrible.

Splatoon essentially sounds like a sequel (new maps, new single player, new game modes, new accessories) bundled with the console at launch, Mario Kart sounds like it has a decent chunk of new content, and Skyrim is at least something new for a Nintendo platform.

If the 3D Mario's good, that's a very strong lineup, particularly by the standards of Nintendo's last few launches.

But I've already played Splatoon, Mario Kart and Skyrim.

The people most likely to pick up a Switch on day one are people who already have a Wii U. Zelda skipping launch and the majority of launch games being Wii U ports is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom