• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

But I've already played Splatoon, Mario Kart and Skyrim.

The people most likely to pick up a Switch on day one are people who already have a Wii U. Zelda skipping launch and the majority of launch games being Wii U ports is awful.

We don't know the launch games dude. Nothing's announced and there's talk of both new IPs and Retro stuff. All we know is Mario is hitting that date and Zelda is a few months later. The the ports are not likely to all hit at launch either, more like a legacy series spread out over the year.

So RollerCoaster Tycoon World comes out today and Planet Coaster comes out tomorrow. Hopefully they take a look at at least one of these. But my guess is they will fly under their radar.

It would be interesting to see them check out both games and compare them. Maybe even like a double quick look.

Well they talked about Planet Coaster yesterday on the Bombcast so I'm sure they will do a quick look. Jeff I guess tried to play it on his extra life stream but said it was pretty hard to figure out since he skipped all the tutorials. Drew played around with it some, too.

edit: Boy those steam reviews for RCTW are not good.

BearPawB

Banned
Buffalo wild wings is a totally fine experience.

Best wings ever? nah.
I would never go there just to eat, but to catch a UFC with friends? Yeah definitely.

Side note: I have no idea why people are so excited by Wii-u Switch ports. More mario kart 8 sounds like mayyyyyyyybe the most boring thing imagineable

SomberOwl

Well they talked about Planet Coaster yesterday on the Bombcast so I'm sure they will do a quick look. Jeff I guess tried to play it on his extra life stream but said it was pretty hard to figure out since he skipped all the tutorials. Drew played around with it some, too.

edit: Boy those steam reviews for RCTW are not good.

Ahh thanks thats good to hear. I haven't listened to the Bombcast yet. Also I think a lot of the negativity towards RCTW was from when they put out that mobile game and called it RCT4 and people were mad they weren't getting a proper sequel on PC. Then when they announced RCTW people were already angry and looking for anything to hate on it. Mainly people didn't seem to think it looked good enough. Which is so fucking dumb. Like RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is old as heck and still holds up and very fun to play.

Anyway what I'm saying is RollerCoaster Tycoon World could still be could and those negative reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ahh thanks thats good to hear. I haven't listened to the Bombcast yet. Also I think a lot of the negativity towards RCTW was from when they put out that mobile game and called it RCT4 and people were mad they weren't getting a proper sequel on PC. Then when they announced RCTW people were already angry and looking for anything to hate on it. Mainly people didn't seem to think it looked good enough. Which is so fucking dumb. Like RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is old as heck and still holds up and very fun to play.

Anyway what I'm saying is RollerCoaster Tycoon World could still be could and those negative reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Very true on RCTW. I still break out RCT2 a few times a year.

It's a shame Will had to resort to Kickstarter, but I'm definitely in to support him. Episode 0 was really fantastic and a great proof of concept. I just hope he can get on a regular production schedule.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That seems like a lot of money for such a niche thing. I hope he'll be able to reach it.

That actually seems like very little money to do what he wants to do.

50k doesn't buy you a lot of development time, especially if you're a team in San Francisco.

imBask

Banned
BEST ESPORTS PLAYER is such a weird category... like you can't give a "BEST SPORTS PLAYER" award with any objectivity

oh and logically Lirik should win, but I hope Danny gets it!

Plesiades

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/798944796362477568
CxZr9VhXcAA2kUv.jpg:large