• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
But all those games in the overall GOTY list are good? I wish there was more games and more variety but all those games (bar maybe Uncharted 4) will be on GB's top ten list.

I guess the ludicrosity of GotY is hitting me. If those games are listed, you'd think the action/adventure and indie categories are already locked up, with two action games being set up to be double losers. It makes the genre awards a bit of a farce.

Is No Man's Sky a lock for Most Disappointing Game?

It will probbaly win. Other picks would be:

Mighty Number 9 (Kickstarter failure)
Battleborn (Hobby grade failure)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants In Manhat (Platinum failure)

I am more interested in what "Old Game of the Year" will be in 2016. They crew dont seem to have latched onto any retro (or year old) game this year ala Windjammers (or Destiny)

Tagyhag

1RHkmtc.png

Danny should win by default for not having a stupid name

I wonder what they base the category on. I can see Danny winning since he's basically unique compared to the others for what he does.

Angry Joe and Boogie both give out good coverage to anti-consumer practices when they come out.

Lirik and Jack are kind of weird choices, they're just Let's Players.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I am more interested in what "Old Game of the Year" will be in 2016. They crew dont seem to have latched onto any retro (or year old) game this year ala Windjammers (or Destiny)

Eh, nobody cared about MN9 months before it came out. I still think SF V could "win" this

SF V has to be the biggest hype-dissapointment gap of the year for Jason and Jeff, I don't think any of the other dudes had a bigger let-down, I could see it "winning."

FStop7

Banned
for an utterly middle-of-the-road wing experience, it's amusing how polar their opinions are.

Yeah, it's a sports bar ass sports bar. No more, no less.

I don't like VR Will. The face looks... wrong.

I find all strongly expressed opinions about chicken to be bizarre.

Anthropologists will someday study the OT threads about Popeyes with extreme interest.

But then they will unearth a Bojangles and it will suddenly all make sense.

I've been playing Transformers: Devastation a lot lately, and it's very disappointing that the Turtles game isn't just that with a Turtles skin. Like why can't we live in a world where you can perfect parry Krang?

1RHkmtc.png

Danny should win by default for not having a stupid name
Even though I want Danny to win, if you talking about pure "trending" / influence Lirik should win because he has a HUGE following get can get around 35K viewers at any moment in time on twitch 7 days a week.
That kind of following is insane.

imBask

Banned
I mean, SFV installed a rootkit on people's computers.

I know but... it's bad, it runs like shit, the FOV is garbage, he lied a lot, they stayed silent for months, they tweeted "NMS was a mistake", people tried to sneak into the office to see if it was empty, etc etc etc

NMS is a god damn mess. SFV is just a capcom mess, the game itself is fine

Curufinwe

I'm giving away the Dishonored 1 code for PS4 I got with the sequel.

The first person to quote this post AND send me a PM will get it in a few hours when I get home.

I'm telling you right now. Nms won't get it because nobody there had high hopes for it except maybe Brad at one point. And he'll deny it despite audio evidence. They're not taking public sentiment into it.

I'd say VR at large stands a better chance.

Mr. F

Banned
star fox zero?

Star Fox isn't that bad. I mean, it's not particularly good, but most of the ire over the game comes down to people being too stubborn (or inept) to learn the controls and not the actual problems with the game. Problems that are supremely obvious if you can get over yourself long enough to tilt your wrists slightly and actually play the game. And those issues don't render the game vile or anything--it's just like, well, okay, that's not great. Stuff like repeated content and filler and really bizarre callbacks that miss the mark. It's the Infamous Second Son conundrum: how does a game with so little content feel so padded out?

That isn't aimed at Dan's review, by the way, in case it reads like that.

KingKong

no Dishonored 2 quick look, no Tyranny quick look, no Jeff extra life part 3, no GBeast stream, what am I supposed to do at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom