• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chained women are back!

vftvVJx.jpg

Mupod

Brad keeps using the scythe and not grabbing food for later. It's driving me insane.

Everyone knows it's all about the hunting knife and oj, at least in the beginning of the game.

Fast attacks and lots of health revival. Easiest way to get through crowds and get survivors back to the base to increase PP the easiest.

The way Brad plays Dead Rising is nerve wracking, but it's amusingly similar to how he played Demon's Souls. Running around holding a bunch of healing items with a sliver of health remaining, running past healing items, getting greedy against bosses that take half his life in one shot. Or he'll be one hit from death and then start talking about something while swinging the camera away from enemies.

But fuck me if that stream didn't make me want to play some Dead Rising 1. I was surprised how much knowledge of that game is still stuck in my head, like juice combinations.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The way Brad plays Dead Rising is nerve wracking, but it's amusingly similar to how he played Demon's Souls. Running around holding a bunch of healing items with a sliver of health remaining, running past healing items, getting greedy against bosses that take half his life in one shot. Or he'll be one hit from death and then start talking about something while swinging the camera away from enemies.

But fuck me if that stream didn't make me want to play some Dead Rising 1. I was surprised how much knowledge of that game is still stuck in my head, like juice combinations.

I know it's par the course for Brads play style, but yea the 18/19 year old in me is/was crying in agony over those strats Brad was using.

I totally did buy Dead Rising for the PS4 and this video is both reminding me why I should and should not pick it up again.

I just don't know if I can get back in that groove with those clunky mechanics again. The controls just off the video make me frustrated.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I know we're supposed to tease Brad but that's exactly how I play games. That's why I typically end RPGs with 999 health potions, cause I never use them.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nintendo wants you to pay them so that you can talk to your friends through your phone.

Boy do I wish my phone had an app that let me talk to people. That sounds great. More people should jump on this idea.

Gotta be honest, I don't quite understand the extreme negativity about the Switch right now. It's nothing amazing and I'm not gonna buy it at launch or anything but people are acting like it's the worst thing ever.

Even if the console was announced at half the price and came with Zelda as a pack in someone would be raging because the Joy Con's aren't available in neon green and pink.

jett

D-Member
Jeff randomly wailing his arms like it's 2006.

Gamers have factually REJECTED this kind of garbage. Why is Nintendo bringing it back?

Fantastapotamus

Nintendo wants you to pay them so that you can talk to your friends through your phone.

Boy do I wish my phone had an app that let me talk to people. That sounds great. More people should jump on this idea.

Don't be dumb. Phones are for Twitter and Instagram and nothing else. You kids and your crazy new ideas.

Gamers have factually REJECTED this kind of garbage. Why is Nintendo bringing it back?

How much did the Wii sell again? Not everything needs to be for "gamers"

This was my biggest takeaway from the the presentation. Why such a large emphasis on waggle bullshit? Very much a "Oh, no, they don't get it at all" moment.

jett

D-Member
This was my biggest takeaway from the the presentation. Why such a large emphasis on waggle bullshit? Very much a "Oh, no, they don't get it at all" moment.

The weirdest shit it is completely goes against the hybrid mentality of the platform, since obviously none of these waggling games can be played in handheld mode.

I'm watching this being played in Treehouse and I fail to see why this can't be played with regular controls. It's 2006. It's literally 2006.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The weirdest shit it is completely goes against the hybrid mentality of the platform, since obviously none of these waggling games can be played in handheld mode.

I'm watching this being played in Treehouse and I fail to see why this can't be played with regular controls. It's 2006. It's literally 2006.

Come on, this is nothing like 2006

Okay, it's a little like 2006.

patapuf

Gotta be honest, I don't quite understand the extreme negativity about the Switch right now. It's nothing amazing and I'm not gonna buy it at launch or anything but people are acting like it's the worst thing ever.

It's not the worst thing ever but for me, the little things that could have gone right and make me exited didn't.

storage is too low, as i wanted to go all digital,

while it seem there'll finally be an account system - we now have paid multi, having to use phone apps for voice chat and other oddities.

price seems ok at first glance, but with needing more storage, paid online and the cost of accessories... it's suddenly pretty expensive.

this all doesn't make the switch an abomination but it makes me not want to buy it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Still you don't have to play ARMS with motion controls and it looks really charming and kinda fun.
Of course I'm not gonna go and say it's totally worth the price they are charging for the stuff yet but I won't go kneejerk reaction tier.

Fantastapotamus

It's not the worst thing ever but for me, the little things that could have gone right and make me exited didn't.

storage is too low, as i wanted to go all digital

I guess I'm just not sure why people expected more storage when it was always supposed to be a handheld hybrid. I never expected much more. Not that I'm super excited about the thing either, but it's pretty much exactly what I expected it would be.

They all seemed to think the screen on the Switch looks really nice on Bakalar's Parascope. They also seemingly don't have the ability to turn off Motion controls in that build of Splatoon? Though that may have just been during a match. Couldn't really hear.

hamchan

I think the disappointment is easy to understand. People expected Nintendo to come out swinging. They didn't.

Especially software wise I'm a bit disappointed by how little they had to show.

Ben Hanson of Game Informer on this beastcast!

Always dope to see some new guests

I love Ben and his podcast! Super excited to see this.

Don't express that surprise in the threads! You will be asked to spend all day responding to each negative post that only started becoming cohesive arguments in the middle of the thread that you didn't read.

For real though, I think a lot of people put too much expectations on the press conference and now that it wasn't to their liking, the system is doomed. I think we just need to think ahead a bit and see the potential this thing has and also realize some of the things we are complaining about don't matter to more casual gamers and the Nintendo hardcore.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Don't express that surprise in the threads! You will be asked to spend all day responding to each negative post that only started becoming cohesive arguments in the middle of the thread that you didn't read.

For real though, I think a lot of people put too much expectations on the press conference and now that it wasn't to their liking, the system is doomed. I think we just need to think ahead a bit and see the potential this thing has and also realize some of the things we are complaining about don't matter to more casual gamers and the Nintendo hardcore.

Before conference people in the threads even expected a retro developed metroid game... I don't know how people can hype themselves up to such high levels every time. Don't they learn from this happening every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom