• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

I think that presentation would've been fine if it was what they showed at E3 last year but for something they expect people to buy in 45 days it was pretty thin on content.

Volotaire

z8QgGSD.jpg

haha.

Three hour battery life. This thing ain't a handheld.

You should tell that to my 3ds then.

Like seriously, if the stand by is at least on par with the vita I'll be happy. My 3ds can't stay 2 days not being used before losing all charge.

Was going to say, the 3DS is already awful in this regard and doesn't have the specs that the Switch does. I'm not too disappointed about battery life. I guess we'll see when I start using it though.

Not enough people talking about 2017's GOTY, Arms.

You should tell that to my 3ds then.

Like seriously, if the stand by is at least on par with the vita I'll be happy. My 3ds can't stay 2 days not being used before losing all charge.

Was going to say, the 3DS is already awful in this regard and doesn't have the specs that the Switch does. I'm not too disappointed about battery life. I guess we'll see when I start using it though.

Turn down your brightness you monsters.

daveo42

Banned
For battery life, I wonder how much you could save by pulling the joy cons off the base. That treehouse stream suggested that the they continually charge when attached to the Switch. It's probably not much, but hey, every little bit helps when the battery only lasts the length of a Zack Snyder film.

For battery life, I wonder how much you could save by pulling the joy cons off the base. That treehouse stream suggested that the they continually charge when attached to the Switch. It's probably not much, but hey, every little bit helps when the battery only lasts the length of a Zack Snyder film.

I would have to imagine that would be disabled if the Switch is out of its dock.

Dan's having a grand time with these absurd hats.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Lol for real? Like maybe down the line that could happen but that's a lot to expect to see it last night.

There are people who have insisted since Federation Force was announced that they were holding off on an obviously in development Switch Metroid game as opposed to the reality of Nintendo just having no fucking clue what to do with a Metroid game.

There are people who have insisted since Federation Force was announced that they were holding off on an obviously in development Switch Metroid game as opposed to the reality of Nintendo just having no fucking clue what to do with a Metroid game.

People hoping for a new Metroid really need to face reality, they're not coming back.

Those tweets do not make me confident that Nintendo has moved past dumb gimmicks. To be fair, I haven't watched any of the Switch stuff yet, but if a "cow milking minigame" is something they're doing to show off the potential of the console... yeah, no thanks.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Those tweets do not make me confident that Nintendo has moved past dumb gimmicks. To be fair, I haven't watched any of the Switch stuff yet, but if a "cow milking minigame" is something they're doing to show off the potential of the console... yeah, no thanks.

You'll enjoy your minigames at your roof party and you'll like it, god dammit.

SomberOwl

Is anyone sold on any of the gimmicky crap? I feel like people just want to play Nintendo games. Like thats all I want, to play great Nintendo games on a fairly standard console that has all the features of a regular modern console.

Who is looking at all the lame games they showed using the new gimmicks of the Switch and gets excited? Who saw that HD rumble thing and then said "Yeah I gotta pre-order this"?

Will we ever get a Nintendo console without lame features that no one is going to use...?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The joycons are the unique feature of the Switch, of course they want to sell you on it. And I think it makes much more sense for this thing since you can always play with two people.

Is anyone sold on any of the gimmicky crap? I feel like people just want to play Nintendo games. Like thats all I want, to play great Nintendo games on a fairly standard console that has all the features of a regular modern console.

Who is looking at all the lame games they showed using the new gimmicks of the Switch and gets excited? Who saw that HD rumble thing and then said "Yeah I gotta pre-order this"?

Will we ever get a Nintendo console without lame features that no one is going to use...?
Well, probably not people on NeoGAF, but think of school children, parties, dorm rooms. It has potential.

I think Arms and 1,2 Switch look pretty cool actually. I still expect more traditional games to dominate the library. I mean at the show we saw Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, SMT, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Dragon Quest, Ubisoft titles etc. Only 2-3 games used the motion stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom