• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you don't have a Wii U, why would you buy one now?

If you have a WiiU, why would you buy a Switch now? It's a question I'm asking myself. I can play Zelda on a console I already own and it's not like the Switch has much else of interest until Mario comes out.

BearPawB

Banned
If you have a WiiU, why would you buy a Switch now? It's a question I'm asking myself. I can play Zelda on a console I already own and it's not like the Switch has much else of interest until Mario comes out.

If I had a Wii U I would 100% not get a switch

A Wii U to buy new is $300 still? Yikes

Strax

They think they can ask more money than for a PS4 or Xbox One for this thing. Just let that sink in.

I legit think that in their mind you are getting two systems. Portable and a home console so they might look at this like it's super cheap.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Fuckin A man.

God damnit.

but I want to play snes games on this thing.

Don't worry, Nintendo has a product just for you.
rDt9tih.png

Well, that was a terrible presentation. And huh, Street Fighter 2 was real.

Starting with the price and paid online was a good idea, but going right to 1 2 Switch as their first game was crazy because they know who's watching this. Arms is probably fine, but it showed really poorly and, again, they know who's watching this.

Splatoon 2 looked awesome, but the translator really sucked the energy out of that one. The same thing happened with Suda. Was it the same guy?

Mario looks awesome, too. I have no idea what the fuck people are complaining about with that. I'm shocked in a good way at Xenoblade 2.

The Japanese stuff looked fine. I completely marked out like an especially pliable wrestling fan when Travis Touchdown revealed himself.

The AAA Western publisher section was fucking pathetic. Skyrim isn't ready until fall? I'm not a fan, but the fuck? And sportsman is the most contractually obligated thing I've ever seen.

It's insane that they didn't talk about any of the launch details. It's also insane that Mario Kart isn't at launch. It's clearly done.

I probably sound more positive than intended. I liked some of the stuff they showed, but overall, it was just a terrible time. Basically, you fucks asked for a press conference instead of a Nintendo Direct, and you certainly got one!

Apparently there's some Vive-esque tech in the joycons, so that's why they're so expensive. But the dock being $90 is obscene. Also, maybe they shouldn't have put super high-tech motion stuff into their system?

I've preordered one just in case, but I'll probably drop it until Splatoon 2 or Mario or Xenoblade 2 comes out unless I hear a bunch of glowing impressions tomorrow (I guess it's today, now).

Polarbear

Banned
But if you don't have a Wii U, why would you buy one now?

Because it's $100 cheaper factory refurbished, more if you go to eBay, and has a long list of great games already available + Zelda BotW.

Oh, and the pro controller on Wii U is $20 as opposed to $70 on the Switch.

+ Zelda and Mario
+ Price is okay if a little more than expected

- Not enough new games
- Too many re-releases
- Underpowered
- Paying for online (and sub-par online features I'm sure)
- Peripherals seem to be too expensive

At this point I'm looking to pay £279 to play TWO games in 2017.

Nintendo have really fucking lost it lately and I hate it. The Wii U has been barren for ages now - why the hell aren't there 6-8 amazing games launching within the first few months of the system?

Just go third party Nintendo. And I hate to say that. :'(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, YouTube red is pretty fucking great.

Great in a way that it's really shitty that they put these features begins a paywall.

repeater

The hardware and the concepts are really appealing to me, but it felt surprisingly thin on games around launch considering it seems like they basically killed the Wii U a long time ago to stuff this thing with software. Maybe they're just expecting Zelda to carry the launch on its own and are spreading stuff out?

Are they out if their minds? It's a slightly enhanced port of Ultra Street Fighter 2.
"Street Fighter II: THE FINAL CHALLENGERS". Read my lips: it's not the same game, it's not the same content.

Also, come on guys and vote for Dan as Supreme Toys-to-Life Influencer. He only needs 85 votes to pull ahead! I for one would think it would be hilarious to see him walk the red carpet in a Tux to accept this award, possibly even giving a heartfelt speech on how he made his dream of a Waluigi Amiibo come true.

jaina

What features besides no-ads is exciting? I have not read too much into it.
offline videos and Google Play music subscription service, AFAIK

edit: after voting for ambassador Dan Ryckert, you can also vote for @funkopops as Social Media Account of 2016

Lunar FC

+ Zelda and Mario
+ Price is okay if a little more than expected

- Not enough new games
- Too many re-releases
- Underpowered
- Paying for online (and sub-par online features I'm sure)
- Peripherals seem to be too expensive

At this point I'm looking to pay £279 to play TWO games in 2017.

Nintendo have really fucking lost it lately and I hate it. The Wii U has been barren for ages now - why the hell aren't there 6-8 amazing games launching within the first few months of the system?

Just go third party Nintendo. And I hate to say that. :'(

Bruh, I dont think Microsoft or Sony have a comnined 6-8 amazing first party games this gen so far. You dont just shit those out.

hamchan

YouTube Red by itself is not worth it but since it comes free with a Google Play Music sub I think it's pretty brilliant. Also started to watch YouTube way more on my phones and TV apps that I haven't set Adblock up on yet.

Also $40 SF2 is ludicrous and an extra kick in the nuts to this kinda downer day for the Switch.

Jintor

Like I am overall positive on switch from a tech/potential/attitude standpoint, but as a consumer, eh. I won't bother until spla2n unless the Zelda reviews are insane.

Jintor

Okay I'm eating my words that Zelda trailer was incredible.

Maybe I'll get the Wii u version if performance isn't too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom