• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

The Giant Machines QL was great, that music was perfect.

I enjoy Dan's willingness to ask the dumbest shit. It's clear that some of it is genuine curiosity and other times it's a bit where he's playing it up.

I can see how some people may get tired of it, though, especially in situations like this, but I think that's just Dan being over-excited about suddenly having someone like Vinny actually indulging him and going along with it instead of being immediately shut down by the West crew. Of course, too much of anything is never good.

I think he'll eventually find a good balance, especially when Alex is in the mix since he does not have the saintly patience Vinny has lol

I agree. Should have been 3 behind Rocket League

2530058-ijfsxpexd7crt.gif

Zaph

The Giant Machines QL was great, that music was perfect.

I enjoy Dan's willingness to ask the dumbest shit. It's clear that some of it is genuine curiosity and other times it's a bit where he's playing it up.

I can see how some people may get tired of it, though, especially in situations like this, but I think that's just Dan being over-excited about suddenly having someone like Vinny actually indulging him and going along with it instead of being immediately shut down by the West crew. Of course, too much of anything is never good.

I think he'll eventually find a good balance, especially when Alex is in the mix since he does not have the saintly patience Vinny has lol

Yeah, the QL is fine. The game was just boring and not janky enough for it to be Vinny'd, so Dan passed the time in a very Dan way.

Breath of the Wild, y'all.

https://j.gifs.com/ElyvpY.gif[/img

Prepare yourselves. For it is coming.[/QUOTE]

Only 1/4th of a heart depleted. Need hero mode unlocked from start.

[quote="Volotaire, post: 228466856"]Wildcard new employee could push it in (assuming the game is good).[/QUOTE]

Does Mary like Zelda?

Wildcard new employee could push it in (assuming the game is good).

Psh.

Jeff will think it takes away from what makes Zelda, Zelda.
Brad won't have finished it.
Dan will have liked it, but he'll find another indie game that he'll push for.
Vinny didn't finish it
Alex didn't get a chance to play it.
Drew didn't feel right to play it, so he'll embark on an adventure with Brad to play through all the 3D zeldas before he plays BotW since it's a 'sequel' more so than other zeldas.

A new employee won't have stood up to that.

oti

Banned
Wildcard new employee could push it in (assuming the game is good).

Brad: It's good. But it's just another Zelda.
Alex: Well, yeah.
Jeff: *grunting noise*
Jason: Anime.
Alex: But it's a new kind of Zelda. Something Nintendo has never done before.
Jeff: *more grunting*
Brad: I don't like how Link picks up weapons. The animation is bad.
Drew: I climbed a mountain once.

hamchan

I think they'll be fair to Zelda. If it's boring like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword they'll leave it out of the list. If it's a good game like Link Between Worlds, which made number 2 in 2013, they'll put it on the list.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My biggest fear about Zelda would be that the open world doesn't add anything all that interesting or is just boring somehow. And that's something the crew is really tired of and would sour most of them on the game, I think.

derFeef

I finally got a hold of a 3DS so I can play through Dragon Quest 8 again.

Any recommendations for can't-miss 3DS games?

Rhytm Paradise Megamix, Pricross3D 2, A Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors (it's ugly but so fun), Mario 3D Land. SMT games I guess but I have not played them yet, also Zero Time games.

hamchan

My biggest fear about Zelda would be that the open world doesn't add anything all that interesting or is just boring somehow. And that's something the crew is really tired of and would sour most of them on the game, I think.

Dragon Age Inquisition, MGSV, FFXV, it's pretty much the theme of the gen to have large empty, pointless, worlds. Nintendo should be better game designers and avoid it but who knows.

Hasney

I finally got a hold of a 3DS so I can play through Dragon Quest 8 again.

Any recommendations for can't-miss 3DS games?

Hoooboy

Bravely Default
Monster Hunter Generations
Mario Kart 7
Luigis Mansion 2
Mario 3D Land
Fire Emblem (all)
Smash Bros
SMT 4/Apocalypse
Layton V Phoenix Wright
Theatrhythm - Final Fantasy
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Link Between Worlds
Picross 3D 2
Persona Q
SMT: Devil Survivor

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
7/14/2008 Bombcast:

The crew discusses Microsoft's plans to allow game installation on the Xbox 360.

Jeff wishes Microsoft would sell a stick with duct tape on it so he could switch discs without getting up.

A reminder of that awkward middle period before one could buy games digitally.

We should make a Kickstarter for this idea.

Just go to Norway, what Jeff is describing is a Norwegian TV remote.

well

the first zelda was open world. if they can capture that feel, then it's living up to it's history.

Rhytm Paradise Megamix, Pricross3D 2, A Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors (it's ugly but so fun), Mario 3D Land. SMT games I guess but I have not played them yet, also Zero Time games.

Hoooboy

Bravely Default
Monster Hunter Generations
Mario Kart 7
Luigis Mansion 2
Mario 3D Land
Fire Emblem (all)
Smash Bros
SMT 4/Apocalypse
Layton V Phoenix Wright
Theatrhythm - Final Fantasy
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Link Between Worlds
Picross 3D 2
Persona Q
SMT: Devil Survivor

Thanks guys! Excited to break into this backlog

edit: Do you think the N64-era Zelda games hold up for someone who never played them/has no specific nostalgia for them?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
well

the first zelda was open world. if they can capture that feel, then it's living up to it's history.
That's the dream goal, I think. But that world also functioned as a hub world to connect the dungeons. Which I'm totally ok with. There's nothing wrong with closed-off, well designed levels. Many current games seem to think so, though.

I don't like people who asks a lot of questions.
Why?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Got a New 3DS XL as a present, I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Pocket. What's the general consensus on physical vs digital as far as games collecting goes? I know Nintendo's account management is somewhat archaic at best compared to others but I'm not clear on details. Can you freely re-download games you've bought? Are they tied to the purchasing system in any way, or can you back them up via a PC or how does it work? I have about a decade's worth of back catalog to go over now and see what games I've missed (!).

Xater

Got a New 3DS XL as a present, I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Pocket. What's the general consensus on physical vs digital as far as games collecting goes? I know Nintendo's account management is somewhat archaic at best compared to others but I'm not clear on details. Can you freely re-download games you've bought? Are they tied to the purchasing system in any way, or can you back them up via a PC or how does it work? I have about a decade's worth of back catalog to go over now and see what games I've missed (!).

Don't go digital. You can re-download things but everything is tied to your device. If you lose or it breaks you have a lot of hassle in front of you. They have no proper account system which has every game you bought just tied to it.

patapuf

All digital purchases are tied to your hardware, you can redownload them by going through your purchasing history on that device (and only that way).

I think you can backup your files on a PC but i'm not 100 per cent on that.

You can use a big SD card if you want to go digital.

Sakwoff

Don't go digital. You can re-download things but everything is tied to your device. If you lose or it breaks you have a lot of hassle in front of you. They have no proper account system which has every game you bought just tied to it.

Yup.

I bought Animal Crossing on the eshop. Regretted that ever since.

So stupid.

jaina

All digital purchases are tied to your NNID account, which can only be attached to one 3DS. Which is why the others say "tied to hardware" and the hassle when you lose the 3DS is not worth it.
Used physical copies will also be the cheapest way to get this great library.

Volotaire

I don't have an ounce of long term confidence in Nintendo's online infrastructure.

What will happen in 5 - 6 years when I might want to finish off or play a game that I downloaded on my Wii U / 3DS / Wii but I deleted it or needed to get a replacement console because it is broken? Will they offer account holders the option to re - download purchases on their old consoles that far into the future. I doubt all those games will be available on their newer platforms.

Moreover, I have no idea what Nintendo, as a business, will be in 5 - 10 years with respect to being a dedicated hardware manufacturer. What happens if a firm partners or acquires them? What happens to the online infrastructure and people's purchased software?

This is why I choose physical media for Nintendo's software everytime there is an option to go physical.

I don't have an ounce of long term confidence in Nintendo's online infrastructure.

What will happen in 5 - 6 years when I might want to finish off or play a game that I downloaded on my Wii U / 3DS / Wii but I deleted it or needed to get a replacement console because it is broken? Will they offer account holders the option to re - download purchases on their old consoles that far into the future. I doubt all those games will be available on their newer platforms.

Moreover, I have no idea what Nintendo, as a business, will be in 5 - 10 years with respect to being a dedicated hardware manufacturer. What happens if a firm partners or acquires them? What happens to the online infrastructure and people's purchased software?

This is why I choose physical media for Nintendo's software everytime there is an option to go physical.

Yeah....they haven't shown that they understand online in the last 10 years. They barely, BARELY came up with a lackluster account system...and now they're asking for peoples money for their online?

It's ballsy...but Sony asking for money for their online was ballsy. But atleast they proved that they could KINDA get online right(Except for download speeds..). PS+ was a huge, great idea that MS took. And then Nintendo steps in, with their previous online systems in shambles, stumbling in saying 'for 1 month you'll get a nes or snes game just pay us please we do good online we swear'?

It has me very weary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom