• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Don't go digital. You can re-download things but everything is tied to your device. If you lose or it breaks you have a lot of hassle in front of you. They have no proper account system which has every game you bought just tied to it.

All digital purchases are tied to your hardware, you can redownload them by going through your purchasing history on that device (and only that way).

I think you can backup your files on a PC but i'm not 100 per cent on that.

You can use a big SD card if you want to go digital.

Yup.

I bought Animal Crossing on the eshop. Regretted that ever since.

So stupid.
Cheers, physical it is.

Starting with a few games I recall having had praise:

AC New Leaf
A Link Between Worlds
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Also went and ordered Chrono Trigger DS and Golden Sun DS.

Also this thing doesn't come with a charger, or even a cable? That's cheap Nintendo.

Novocaine

Cheers, physical it is.

Starting with a few games I recall having had praise:

AC New Leaf
A Link Between Worlds
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Also went and ordered Chrono Trigger DS and Golden Sun DS.

Also this thing doesn't come with a charger, or even a cable? That's cheap Nintendo.

I just got one with Animal Crossing and Picross 3D 2 myself. Yeah don't go digital unless you can help it. The upside to physical for Nintendo is that most of the good games retain value in case you want to resell

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It's not cheap, the battery life is just.that.great.
Wonderful.

Also, it's using some Nintendo proprietary USB Type B cable and not a standard one? Nintendo!

I just got one with Animal Crossing and Picross 3D 2 myself. Yeah don't go digital unless you can help it. The upside to physical for Nintendo is that most of the good games retain value in case you want to resell
Yeah that's what it looks like, browsing older games on Amazon many of them are still fairly pricey for their age. Picross 3D 2 is another game I'm looking to get.

Xater

Yep it sucks. You can also just get a third party one though. They are cheaper and work just as well. I had one with a detachable USB cable, so I could also just charge it at any USB port.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah I went with a $2.99 3DS/DS/etc. Nintendo handheld compatible USB cable without AC adapter. I got plenty of adapter plugs from various iOS devices and whatnot lying around to use.
Got three separate Amazon orders now in various stages of dispatch and delivery. Cable due Wednesday, first set of games Friday, second Tuesday. \o/ Free shipping so I split stuff up to get them faster.

Xater

Yeah I went with a $2.99 3DS/DS/etc. Nintendo handheld compatible USB cable without AC adapter. I got plenty of adapter plugs from various iOS devices and whatnot lying around to use.
Got three separate Amazon orders now in various stages of dispatch and delivery. Cable due Wednesday, first set of games Friday, second Tuesday. \o/ Free shipping so I split stuff up to get them faster.

Good choice.

I fell down the 3DS rabbit hole too, I bought a New 3DS in the B/S/T thread and a handful of games and accessories, plus about $75 on cover plates, can't complain because of how cool they look.

nHjKJJv.jpg

ouzMCQ5.jpg

daveo42

Banned
What? I really need to work on making my way through Drew's Metal Gear series. On a related note, I've stopped replaying MGS for the time being because of read errors on my disc copy of the game. Won't load one of the multiple cut scenes with Liquid after you drop Rex and I don't have a spare disc 2.

I've moved on to Parasite Eve, where I've forgotten how instant the shit hits the fan.

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE RUFVK

holy shit

holy shit

all those times we were bitching about content

and they had this ace

waht the fuck

omg

fuck you giant bomb this isn't fair

I just stayed up all night binge watching stranger things and this is w
aijoeptj

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Unless GB are going Netflix, releasing all at once is probably a CMS error?

Also MGR is trash. Not quite as bad as 4 though.
Nah, it says right under the first episode: "We won't keep you waiting for the rest of the episodes. Binge away!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom