• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

7/14/2008 Bombcast:

The crew discusses Microsoft's plans to allow game installation on the Xbox 360.

Jeff wishes Microsoft would sell a stick with duct tape on it so he could switch discs without getting up.

A reminder of that awkward middle period before one could buy games digitally.

Well a lot of those "questions" were just normal things people say or things Dan was joking about and not actually asking a question. You could probably go into any quick look and make a big list of the number of questions people ask.

the way people made it sound like it was like the end of the world was approaching and dan really had to ask about ska

7/14/2008 Bombcast:

The crew discusses Microsoft's plans to allow game installation on the Xbox 360.

Jeff wishes Microsoft would sell a stick with duct tape on it so he could switch discs without getting up.

Remember the days of "Holy shit I can download Smash TV? This is the future!!!"?

7/14/2008 Bombcast:

We should make a Kickstarter for this idea.

You guys can say what you want but I am glad Drew shows off a mobile game from ti e to time. I got Lumines that way and now I am really enjoying Solitairica.

Agreed 100%. Tried Solitarica after seeing it on UPF and I am enjoying it a lot! Very glad that Drew showed it off

Phediuk

7/14/2008 Bombcast:

First appearance of Matt Rorie, I believe. He phones Jeff in the middle of the podcast and then the crew takes a break to go pick him up.

That 50MB limit seemed huge at the time.

I remember having the 60GB PS3 thinking that was a lot of space. I mean, I guess it was in 2006. But by 2008, I had upgraded to a 320GB hard drive. Now, with PS4, it feels like 2TB is still not quite enough (I'm still rocking my stock 500GB, though). I really wish they'd make 4TB laptop drives that would fit inside PS4 (the 4TB laptop drives that exist are physically too big to fit into PS4 without modifications) or, maybe even better, external drive support for installing games to.

Phediuk

7/14/2008 Bombcast:

The crew is very impressed by EA's E3 press conference. Pretty much unstinting praise for everything they showed (Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Spore, etc.)

They were also amazed by all of the big names present, such as Gabe Newell, Will Wright, and a bunch of others.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like I'm the only one in the world that has no qualms deleting games if I'm not playing them.

Also background listen on youtube red is pretty great.

I feel like I'm the only one in the world that has no qualms deleting games if I'm not playing them.

The problem for me is I actually do have to delete games I still play to play new games (or games I have an itch to replay). I think it wouldn't be a problem if discs didn't need to install. One issue is how you actually need like double the install size for a game to install. For instance, yesterday I had an itch to play MLB 16 again. It requires 40GB to install, yet I needed around 80GB for it to actually install. Perhaps next gen they can put in a secondary hard drive reserved for those kinds of things.

Mr. F

Banned

For me it's self imposed guilt over spending money if I don't tend to play things, so even if I don't play something I feel shitty about uninstalling because at that point it's pretty much flushed into the ether (this is specifically a steam library problem).

Phediuk

7/14/2008 Bombcast: the crew is disappointed that Half-Life 2: Episode Three was a no-show at E3, but they're certain that Valve is working on it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For me it's self imposed guilt over spending money if I don't tend to play things, so even if I don't play something I feel shitty about uninstalling because at that point it's pretty much flushed into the ether (this is specifically a steam library problem).

Oh I don't even install games I impulse bought and know I won't play. :p

Also people keep focusing on the questions things but the radio bits in the giant machines quick look was fucking hilarious.

I'm finding kind of weird that people turned on the quick look when there aren't really that many questions and it's also fucking hilarious.

Scizzy

The opening of UPF is peak Rorie.

It was more evidence of my age old theory that Rorie is the perfect fill-in for Jeff. He might lack Jeff's genius for comedy or his cutting social commentary, but they each have a knack for saying the weirdest things as though they were completely normal.

Jintor

god bless giant bomb for getting the soundtrack of 2015 award right

splatoon still owns

Been listening to it on loop since switch XP

When I get home I'm going to make a topic specific to highlighting the live performances. At one point the keyboardist is literally playing Hightide Era with her goddamn elbows.

Phediuk, how are you listening to the old Bombcasts? Directly from the site/downloads from there? I've been listening to all of them in the reverse chronological order, but both the iTunes podcast app and Overcast end at 03-17-2009.

That's strange, Pocketcasts goes back to the beginning starting with the arrow down podcasts.

Jintor

I'll never forgive them for not even mentioning MGS Rising in 2013.

Drewvengeance still not even on the cards.
Though honestly I don't think it'd ever happen because drew has said he's not good with action games

I just want to see his face react to that dumb-ass game

robotrock

Banned
Been listening to it on loop since switch XP

When I get home I'm going to make a topic specific to highlighting the live performances. At one point the keyboardist is literally playing Hightide Era with her goddamn elbows.
I'm super excited about this. Have not checked out any of that stuff

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's strange, Pocketcasts goes back to the beginning starting with the arrow down podcasts.
I think I remember seeing those first episodes when I started with my reverse order adventure. I'll check the itunes client again and if that doesn't work I might give pocketcast a shot.
Thanks!

Edit:
Okay, the official podcast app has all the episodes. Must have been some weird hiccup when I checked it last time.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just got my 2016 member shirt in the mail. Took like two months to get here, but it's great.

Thanks Rorie for updating us on the new international shipping options!

I just got my 2016 member shirt in the mail. Took like two months to get here, but it's great.

Thanks Rorie for updating us on the new international shipping options!

The only GB T shirt I ever wanted was the classic simple Luchadeer shirt

BhfWLHsCUAAbQS-.png

Dont think they have sold it in years.

There was a variant with a smiling Luchadeer which was totally good too but no way was I paying those old EU shipping rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom