• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakuza is so boring it manages to make cool things like punching tigers boring. They're gonna give MGSV a run for its money as being the most boring playthrough on the site.

Galway is a nice city.

Same here sadly, saw the first one in the water as you exit the first area almost immediately. It was only in hind-sight as I started reading posts on GAF that it really dawned on me that this was the "oh shit" twist to the game (similar to Braid's ending in a way). Love the game for doing what it did though.

Haha, yep exactly. I went back and brute forced my way through the rest of the game so I could finish it before GOTY stuff, wanting desperately to see the great revelation at the end before Giant Bomb talked about it.

But oh wait, there isn't one, it was just the line puzzles on stuff.

Yakuza is so boring it manages to make cool things like punching tigers boring. They're gonna give MGSV a run for its money as being the most boring playthrough on the site.

Galway is a nice city.

I just finished looking through my notes and it appears this is the most incorrect statement in this thread and perhaps the one before it too.

RPG playthroughs can be the best content the site has produced.

b5iXppm.jpg

I think Chrono Trigger is the most boring playthrough on the site. Don't get me wrong, I love that game, but it's the only feature I never finished.

That one actually does get a bit better later on. It really was pretty insufferable in the beginning when Ryan kept going back and forth through Guardia Forest.

I adore The Witness but the environmental puzzles are probably the weakest part for me. I'm glad I discovered them within the first hour or two because their only real value is the "oh neat" reaction when you stumble upon one accidentally as you're solving the real puzzles. Actually going and trying to hunt them down on their own sucks; it's like the puzzle equivalent of an adventure game pixel hunt.

Valtýr

Does Drew ever figure out you can go into blade mode after you do the sliding kick attack? Seeing him do absolutely nothing when the game slows down is driving me crazy.

What if Giant Bomb dot com did a documentary style thang in which they interviewed the gaming community? Starting with the NeoGAF?

Im the new hire by the way

Hindl

So Nintendo's my favorite game company, though I can think about them objectively. And listening to Jeff today made me appreciate him more as a journalist because he finally formed all of the scattered thoughts in my head about the Switch into a coherent thought. I'm really excited about all of the Nintendo games, but his analysis was spot on. This thing is directionless, and the 1, 2 Switch stuff and Joycon stuff says they're still chasing the Wii crowd. Danny brought up the point about how at E3 they need to bring game after game, and Jeff said that they were wasting valuable time now. And it got me thinking, what if at E3 they come out with more games like 1, 2 Switch? I really hope that thing is just a bunch of demos they wanted to throw out and not a direction a portion of their development teams would be focused on, because this is a big E3 for Nintendo.

And then I got thinking about the Pokemon selling Switches. But part of the appeal of Pokemon as a consumer is that if my kid wants it, I can get a 2DS with the new Pokemon for around $140. That's cheap enough where I can get multiple if I have multiple children. But what about the Switch? Assuming no pack-in, a new Pokemon on Switch would be an entry point of $360 at least. And I don't think parents will be buying their children multiple Switches. They really need to make better arguments in the coming months for why people should get this thing

BearPawB

Banned
Now who's gonna read my Mary/Drew fanfictons :(.

But for real good for her getting out of that sinking ship. What a shame.

Please be the new hire... though I'm not holding my breath. It might be weird for them to actively poach talent from Gamespot unless they plan on shutting Gamespot down.

No chance, not even worth dreaming about. I'm sure she'll end up doing somethin cool though. Maybe we can get more YouTube streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom