• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's crazy that there aren't more open-world brawlers, but Yakuza 0 looks great.
Edit: It's funny how Marvel Super Heroes got all the B or C level villains as playable aside from Magneto. Blackheart instead of Mephisto,and Shuma-Gorath instead of Dormammu are bizarre choices. It's also weird that they got Juggernaut and Magneto from the X-Men villains and didn't have a single Spider-Man villain.

Dany

Banned
dan and alex

D2Fir4j.gif

Zomba13

Catching up on This is the Run and for the most part it is great but then Part 5 and it's questdans (the opposite of danswers) again. I hope this is just Dan getting it out of his system, he's excited, there are new playmates etc. It's like Dan has fallen back into Homer Simpson mode when he got so much better with his questioning (less "what is thing? *gets answer* that isn't thing, don't be silly, that is TV thing not life thing" and more "What's thing? Oh ok, so thing is like *uses logic and acquired knowledge to try and figure out what thing is closest to that he knows*?").

Then again I've not listened to the podcasts so I don't know if he's kept all the questions and refusal of answers to that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Forgot Dan hated adventure games. Well, good news buddy, Vinny will show you the light.

I've been fooled by Vinny into thinking I might like adventure games at least a dozen different times since I started following Giant Bomb. I've only been disappointed every time I've tried to give them a chance though.

kiguel182

After a little break and some help from YouTube I got to level 20 in Marakkesh! After finding some extra stuff about it I enjoyed it more but without YouTube I doubt I would stumble upon
the way to poison the generals food
. The other stuff I found with the two videos I saw is something I could've stumbled upon if traversing the actual level was more fun.

My final run was a suit only run and first, the fact that it only gives 1000 points is bullshit and second, I have no idea how people do Sillent Assassin Suit Only!

Bangkok here I go!

Yeah it's crazy that there aren't more open-world brawlers, but Yakuza 0 looks great.
Edit: It's funny how Marvel Super Heroes got all the B or C level villains as playable aside from Magneto. Blackheart instead of Mephisto,and Shuma-Gorath instead of Dormammu are bizarre choices. It's also weird that they got Juggernaut and Magneto from the X-Men villains and didn't have a single Spider-Man villain.

I think MSH is from a comic book plot and those villians were in it? I'm probably forgetting.

Giant Bomb has been the best thing about 2017 so far. How long can they keep this up? I have images of smoke coming out their ears after all this content.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb has been the best thing about 2017 so far. How long can they keep this up? I have images of smoke coming out their ears after all this content.
Yeah, it's been great. I wonder if they decided to do some kind of...strategy change when they met for GotY?

Lunar FC

I was thinking Project B.E.A.S.T. with Dan but that'd probably be a disaster where he asks too many questions and Vinny never gets off the ground

Vinny has probably forgot everything at this point, but the series was at it's best when they didn't really know what they were doing.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
There's nothing like playing a slow test match in Don Bradman, just carefully blocking all the good balls and then just glancing the slightly too straight balls down to the leg side and getting a single or two from that. Then when the fast bowler bowls a ball that is short and perfect to pull and you get a boundary like you're Ricky Ponting reincarnated it feels great.

So you keep playing patiently for hours, just blocking the balls and getting through many podcasts until you get arrogant enough to think "oh man this ball is a good length and on a good line by being just outside the off stump, but fuck it I'm set batsman and my confidence is high, why don't I just try driving this ball instead of blocking it or leaving it, what's the worst that could happen?" Then you do that and you end up edging a ball to the slips and the carefully constructed innings you spent so long on just comes crashing down around you. You lament your misfortune at doing such a foolish shot and throwing your wicket away when you're on 99 after 170 balls. Then you think, "well this is a fucking ripper of a cricket game."

Cheers man, you just made me buy the game. It better not disappoint.

Chuck

Still without luck
I was thinking Project B.E.A.S.T. with Dan but that'd probably be a disaster where he asks too many questions and Vinny never gets off the ground

"OK, so people say there's no sound in space, but if you scream, people can hear in and bah blah bwah [indecipherable Dan sounds]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom