• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What we really need is Table Tennis.

I hope someone has a camera pointed at Jeff when he finds out Bomberman Switch is a full price release. Still not as crazy as that Street Fighter 2 game though.
I'm not conviced it's $40. It's all based on some Japanese retail release people found online. It would be too crazy.

edit: Talking about USF2.

06-1.jpg

popo

I would watch a new Don Bradman QL but they are bound to repeat a lot of the jokes from last time - plus no Dan. Maybe East should do it as a 3 man QL with Danny skyped in.

If you thought Baseball games were long, Cricket dwarfs it.

Just treat it as a picnic with something mildly entertaining happening in the background.

I used to love playing cricket at school. The summer options were that or athletics and I always was lazy. Volunteer to field the boundary and doze off.

I would watch a new Don Bradman QL but they are bound to repeat a lot of the jokes from last time - plus no Dan. Maybe East should do it as a 3 man QL with Danny skyped in.

I'm sure they've repeated a lot of jokes through all the FIFA Quick Looks and I think they even repeated jokes from the first cricket game they looked at and Don Bradman. Still end up being funny.

Mini Metro us great, but I am really bad at it.

Yup. I actually played the free version before the final release happened. I liked it so much I bought it on Steam when it released for real. And then it was on sale for $1 of iOS last month and I bought it again. Such a great phone game, though the touch controls can be a bit finicky when the screen is cluttered with subway lines.

Xater

I am listening to Dan talking about Schrödunger's Cat. When he questions if this quantum stuff is real...

I can't guys....

Edit:

"Can something that's real be a theory?"

I don't think I will ever have to question the American education system again. It all makes sense now.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I am straight fiending for a GB Yakuza 0 endurance run.

Seems like Jeff and Brad really loved the 80's japanese mobster vibe in the quicklook. It's also perfectly story-driven and filled with plenty of nonsense, like Persona 4.

derFeef

I am listening to Dan talking about Schrödunger's Cat. When he questions if this quantum stuff is real...

I can't guys....

Edit:

I don't think I will ever have to question the Amaerican education system again. It all makes sense now.

"Photons aren't real."

I can't guys....

Edit:

I don't think I will ever have to question the Amaerican education system again. It all makes sense now.

The what? ;p

Ketch

Man, contra is a great game.

Also, buzzaro Dan is just a super smart benevolent man who has terribly tragic things happen to him all the time for no reason and yet somehow has 0 interesting stories to tell.

Looking at the graphics, it seems like PSVR could potentially pull this off when it comes to PS4 later this year. This doesn't look all that much more graphically intensive than Eve: Valkyrie, which works extremely well in PSVR.

tuxfool

Banned
Looking at the graphics, it seems like PSVR could potentially pull this off when it comes to PS4 later this year. This doesn't look all that much more graphically intensive than Eve: Valkyrie, which works extremely well in PSVR.

Nah. You should see the recommended specs of VR in Elite. Arena mode on XB1 runs at somewhere near 60fps, but the Universe itself runs at 30fps. This seems to suggest that it is more a CPU issue than a GPU one.

Consequently it is also how EVE:Valkyrie works, because it is an arena dogfighter.

bomma_man

There's nothing like playing a slow test match in Don Bradman, just carefully blocking all the good balls and then just glancing the slightly too straight balls down to the leg side and getting a single or two from that. Then when the fast bowler bowls a ball that is short and perfect to pull and you get a boundary like you're Ricky Ponting reincarnated it feels great.

So you keep playing patiently for hours, just blocking the balls and getting through many podcasts until you get arrogant enough to think "oh man this ball is a good length and on a good line by being just outside the off stump, but fuck it I'm set batsman and my confidence is high, why don't I just try driving this ball instead of blocking it or leaving it, what's the worst that could happen?" Then you do that and you end up edging a ball to the slips and the carefully constructed innings you spent so long on just comes crashing down around you. You lament your misfortune at doing such a foolish shot and throwing your wicket away when you're on 99 after 170 balls. Then you think, "well this is a fucking ripper of a cricket game."

I need to buy don bradman 17.

Have you batted out an honourable draw on a disintegrating fifth day pitch yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom