• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys see this?

md5is7m.png

Wait what the fuck is this? Is that Will Smith's (Not of Tested Fame) son, Jaden Smith?

I am one HUNDRED percent in the camp that eating a food-hat is a copout on the bet. I'd eat a taco hat any damn day of the week. What kind of punishment is that? The whole point of a bet is that you are so confident in your assertion that you're willing to propose a punishment.

Eating an edible hat as a response to "I'll eat my hat" is like giving someone monopoly money after saying "I bet you fifty bucks".

I'm fine with Dan wanting to ensure that a hat is safe to eat before going through with it, but I'd rather watch paint dry than see a premium video of Dan eating a quesadilla that was on his head for thirty seconds.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I have a cold so I expect to be couped up on my couch getting caught up on GB videos this weekend. Minus Extra Life, obviously. I don't know how anyone could watch all of that in one year.

Zornack

I am one HUNDRED percent in the camp that eating a food-hat is a copout on the bet. I'd eat a taco hat any damn day of the week. What kind of punishment is that? The whole point of a bet is that you are so confident in your assertion that you're willing to propose a punishment.

Eating an edible hat as a response to "I'll eat my hat" is like giving someone monopoly money after saying "I bet you fifty bucks".

I'm fine with Dan wanting to ensure that a hat is safe to eat before going through with it, but I'd rather watch paint dry than see a premium video of Dan eating a quesadilla that was on his head for thirty seconds.

What if the quesadilla had figs in it though

Strax

Dan calling Majora's Mask a mainline Zelda but Super Mario 3D World not a mainline Mario game might be his strangest video game opinion. I can understand someone would think both or neither but only one of them.

wtf mate.

I saw that and The Order 1886 and thought "maybe?"

Do I need to know the story and lore of Knack to prepare for Knack 2?

I'd say the Order is definitely worth $4.99. Some called it a quintessential rental game. That's a rental price, but you keep the game. Funny thing is, I looked at that list of games and I owned so many of them in some form or another (disc, digital, or via PS+).

as a french canadian you ALL pronounce Tuque weirdly, all of you
I grew up in Pierrefonds but moved to Ontario later so I probably have a unique pronunciation but I still might make a voice recording of something at least approaching the correct way to say it for corrections next week.

Hindl

Dan calling Majora's Mask a mainline Zelda but Super Mario 3D World not a mainline Mario game might be his strangest video game opinion. I can understand someone would think both or neither but only one of them.

wtf mate.

That's not as much what bothers me as him saying that about 3DW and then holding up Galaxy as this vastly different thing. I feel like I played a different Galaxy than everyone else. That game is linear as fuck, it's the same thing as 3DW. You have a start point, and your end point is the star. For each individual mission there's pretty much one way through the level, but all the planet jumping animations made people think it's just this giant open world. Galaxy is fantastic, but open levels where you explore it is not

Curufinwe

I'd kinda be sad to see any P5 ER outcome that wasn't Jeff + Vinny, to be honest. I might prefer just a cross-state "Endurance Look" with the two of them than an ER with different people.

Vinny is better off playing it without Jeff. Jeff would just be mad the whole time that none of the girls are Chie.

Seventy70

The Order is worth $5 as a tech demo. Story is crappy and gameplay is medicore.

I agree. Although, for 5 bucks I think it's a great experience. The world and atmosphere they crafted is outstanding. I would love to see a sequel to it at some point.

LiK

I agree. Although, for 5 bucks I think it's a great experience. The world and atmosphere they crafted is outstanding. I would love to see a sequel to it at some point.

it needs a sequel to redeem the first one. man, i hated the way it ended.

The Order is worth $5 as a tech demo. Story is crappy and gameplay is medicore.

I thought the story was fine. It was the gameplay structure and variety that suffered terribly. It just felt awkwardly (and terribly) paced/structured and badly scripted. I mean, you get a really neat gun and then (for no reason) the game never lets you use it again in the game. Then the mid-game fight against
the werewolf
was
used again as a major endgame boss fight, despite being basically the same fight as earlier in the game
. Also, I still am amused that
one of the chapters was literally all cutscene and no gameplay. Like, what!?
Other than those issues (which 100% hurt the game), I thought the graphics, orchestral score, and sound effects (especially the sound effects) were astounding. The performances of the cast were all fantastic as well. If they ever get a second chance, they absolutely need a better game director. The creative side is mostly fine (some improvement would be welcome, of course). They have such a good foundation to work from.

The Order is worth $5, if only to look at the pretty graphics

I tried to play Knack last year

I don't think you should buy Knack

And marvel at the soundwork. Seriously, the sound effects of the weapons is one of the things I remember most about the game. Something about the way they pop. Also, I really enjoyed the level where you
climb down the side of the dirigible

Oh, and Jason Graves' soundtrack was A+ stuff: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWBHYkElrfZHFLpCvATeF9icerNQ87orx He's becoming one of my favorite game composers. He's also done Until Dawn, The Dead Space series, among many other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom