• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Has Bombcast/Beastcast always been bad at fact checking or is it just since their news guys left? Listening to this week's beastcast and it feels increasingly common that both podcasts preface a bunch of stories with "I believe/I think I read/I think I heard/there was some talk of." Like...how hard is it to google ahead of time the key details of the lists you yourself are putting together for news?

It's weird.

AngryMoth

Just finished MGS:R. Fuck man, I should have played that game, it seems amazing.

Aso why did they just dump all parts of that run at once, very unlike GB to do that?

So New Donk City is totally the city in the original Donkey Kong right?

We are going to go deep in mario lore.

Jaden Smith looks different

And this is one of the most Austin Walker ass Austin Walker things yet. Cool.

Just finished MGS:R. Fuck man, I should have played that game, it seems amazing.

Aso why did they just dump all parts of that run at once, very unlike GB to do that?

Its only 6 episodes so I guess they decided to experiment with it and see how a Netflix style "here is everything all in one go" drop would work out.

If it turns out to be a bad idea, no biggy as it was only a short series of video.

The Order does have some of the best hit reactions in the genre for the Shotgun and Tesla energy gun. People get torn apart and tossed about in pretty unparalleled ways. Rest of the guns lack much punch though.

derFeef

Has Bombcast/Beastcast always been bad at fact checking or is it just since their news guys left? Listening to this week's beastcast and it feels increasingly common that both podcasts preface a bunch of stories with "I believe/I think I read/I think I heard/there was some talk of." Like...how hard is it to google ahead of time the key details of the lists you yourself are putting together for news?

It's weird.

Was/is/will always be the case, for both of them. I mean Jeff and Dan did not know some things about the Switch and WERE at the event. No problem for me, as they are always a little late to the news.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Order is not worth any of your time or money. No matter how bad a person you are, you deserve better than The Order.

LiK

Dan had to leave so they had to finish it quickly and I guess they wanted it to be a surprise.

Also, you should play it. The combat is sublime.

Real Hero

It's weird.
Always been like that

Meneses

I rented The Order and it was alright.

Btw, if you're in Euro Land, Sleepy Dawgs is €5 on PSN right now. That version isn't great but it's still a great game.

I wanted to get Gravity Rush 2 but 60 / 70€ is a bit much for me right now so instead I spent 29€ in Sleeping Dogs, God of War III, Abzu and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Speaking of PSN, just saw a brand new release called Firefighters The Simulation and that trailer sure was something, hope Vinny does a QL.

The Man in the High Castle's great. Vinny should also watch The Magicians and 12 Monkeys.

I couldn't get into The Man in High Castle. I got about 4 or 5 episodes in before I called it quits. I might give it another chance at some point. The Magician seems interesting.

I've been hooked on Elementary. I think it's one of my favorite takes on the Sherlock Holmes character. I think I prefer it over the BBC Sherlock.

The Man in the High Castle's great. Vinny should also watch The Magicians and 12 Monkeys.

And it's in 4K/HDR! I can't wait to watch.

I've been hooked on Elementary. I think it's one of my favorite takes on the Sherlock Holmes character. I think I prefer it over the BBC Sherlock.

I should watch that, I love Sherlock Holmes stuff. Series 3 and 4 of BBC Sherlock were such a bummer for me.

I don't think Dan really understands the concept of lying, and the difference between lying and screwing around with someone as a joke.

gimme the list

Objectively correct list:

1. Furi
2. Picross 3D Round 2
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
5. Pokemon Sun
6. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
8. Bravely Second
9. Steins;Gate 0
10. Final Fantasy XV

Honorable Mention: that vn where you date ghosts, but i haven't played it

TraBuch

Banned
Bet Vinny would also like 11.22.63 on Hulu. Haven't seen it, but people seem to like Colony. I couldn't really get into it, but a lot of people like Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. The Exorcist on Fox was actually surprisingly really, really good. iZombie's really good.

Not sure why I'm recommending these like he's gonna read it, but yeah.

LiK

Objectively correct list:

1. Furi
2. Picross 3D Round 2
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
5. Pokemon Sun
6. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
8. Bravely Second
9. Steins;Gate 0
10. Final Fantasy XV

Honorable Mention: that vn where you date ghosts, but i haven't played it

Oh snap, i think we can be friends.

I should watch that, I love Sherlock Holmes stuff. Series 3 and 4 of BBC Sherlock were such a bummer for me.

I thought Series 3 was fine, but I haven't even started watching 4. I might do that at some point, but for now it can wait.

One of the main reasons that I have really liked Elementary is that I feel it touches on more aspects of the character that the other shows and movies brush over or ignore.

oti

Banned
After having tried playing Majora's Mask twice on the 3DS and both times quitting after a while I'm confident saying I don't like Majora's Mask. But the first time I played Ocarina of Time was on the 3DS so take that as you will.

Also: I don't like Wind Waker that much. Looks great, not feeling the ocean thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom