• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the top-level dudes on THUG Pro actually use that setup, apparently.

That's cool! I was usually able to post higher scores than my friends playing on consoles. Wonder if it's just familiarity for the pros. I played the Marseilles demo to death with the keyboard before that game came out.

Salarians

hf1aC4rl.jpg

That's cool! I was usually able to post higher scores than my friends playing on consoles. Wonder if it's just familiarity for the pros. I played the Marseilles demo to death with the keyboard before that game came out.

Same here. I spent like half the day downloading the damn thing and the other half playing it. Went back to it recently for old time's sake and found out it's one of the few versions that runs at 60FPS, weirdly enough.

EDIT: oh fuck, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day

Just curious if anyone knows if there are any current console multiplayer games designed like Warhawk (PS3), where users are allowed to create servers using their own systems instead of relying on a remote server like most online games do? Essentially that means Warhawk can theoretically always be played online as long as there are working PS3s with copies of Warhawk on them. Are there any games like this on PS4/XB1? And if a new Warhawk (or a remaster of the PS3) was created for PS4, would you like to see this form of multiplayer retained?

Dipper145

Is Dan doing some sort of shtick when he reads peoples e-mails and corrections? Or does he have some sort of reading disability?

It makes it kind of hard to follow along with what hes saying, but if its an actual literacy/learning thing then that's not a big deal, and good on him for doing his best.

hwy_61

Banned
Is Dan doing some sort of shtick when he reads peoples e-mails and corrections? Or does he have some sort of reading disability?

It makes it kind of hard to follow along with what hes saying, but if its an actual literacy/learning thing then that's not a big deal, and good on him for doing his best.

I understand him perfectly. What exactly do you mean?

heybrian

Neo Member

Might just read slowly, doesn't mean he has a reading diability.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've been playing a lot of Elite after that Drew stream and man, that game completely falls into the "Way too big for no reason" category. I enjoy playing the game, but I don't feel like there is any incentive to explore.

To this day I still remember specific systems in Freelancer. That game had ~50 systems to explore which is a pretty decent number I think. They featured distinct factions with different designs and ships. Elite has 400 Billion systems. But all stations look the same, they all seem to sell basically the same there is nothing memorable about any of those systems. So I basically just jump from system to system without bothering to explore or look around cause realistically what could there possibly be. After 15 hours I could be in the system I've started in and I wouldn't know because there is no point in even trying to remember the system names or any specifics about them. It reminds me a lot of No Man's Sky tbh only that it's fun to play. Really bummed out by this cause the rest of the game is pretty fantastic.

The "and our game is like 5000 billion times bigger than Skyrim" trend is the worst possible trend for people like me. Really worried about that new Zelda as well.

kvothe

Just went back and listened to the ladder correction in the last beastcast to double check. Have no clue what you're talking about, it was completely fine. Actually, I like Dan's reading voice. He does much less of a "voice" than most people do when reading (usually involving different intonation and dropping off at the end of every sentence), but I prefer that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm a bit late here, but how is there no reaction to this? Jayden Smith just got Walked.
There was a thread for that stream and people reacted here, too.

I think it's weird how he posted that clip like 5 times on his Twitter.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just went back and listened to the ladder correction in the last beastcast to double check. Have no clue what you're talking about, it was completely fine. Actually, I like Dan's reading voice. He does much less of a "voice" than most people do when reading (usually involving different intonation and dropping off at the end of every sentence), but I prefer that.

I've just listened to it today and I also didn't notice anything. No idea what this is about now.

Phediuk

7/17/2008 Bombcast

Jeff talks at length about the new Smackdown game he saw at E3, and is quite optimistic about it. The other members of the crew all deliberately ignored the game, because they knew Jeff was the go-to wrestling guy on staff.

And you just reminded me of that awful LBP3 stage demo.

Yeah, that was a weird one. It's a shame LBP 3 had so many (minor) issues. It did add some really neat stuff (like custom powerups). They should've just released it as LBP Hub (the free to play LBP that was announced and never released). It just did not have the final touches and polish that Media Molecule would've given it. Granted, they were busy with Tearway: Unfolded and Dreams on PS4. I hope Dreams catches on, because I think it'll be neat for people to export their sculpts into Unity or other software, as well as 3D print them. An interview a few months ago said all that was possible with the game. It's almost shaping up to be more of a creation suite than an actual game. I wonder if Sony will heavily advertise that aspect of it. I mean, could you imagine someone making a game in Unity using assets created 100% in Dreams? That could be a big selling point. I wonder if Sony will actually have someone make a Unity-based game in that manner just to prove that point.

Whyyy is there so many of these stupid fucking countdown missions in XCOM 2?? I probably would have stopped playing the game were it not for all my soldiers being Titanfall and Mass Effect dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom