• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I'm gonna be really bummed if Mary's next gig is just doing PR or community management for some developer or publisher. She's too fun to be wasted in a role like that.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm gonna be really bummed if Mary's next gig is just doing PR or community management for some developer or publisher. She's too fun to be wasted in a role like that.

Chris Watters has been tweeting at her a countdown (Majora's Mask style) every day until her last day at GS so I'm gonna say that she's going to Ubisoft.

Because turtling is bad.

I was also frustrated early on because I used to turtle like a motherfucker in XCOM 1, but soon came to like the more aggressive gameplay that the timers encouraged. And the game reinforces that by giving you spells that let you chain multiple kills using a single AP.

The glancing blows though... that's some bullshit right there.

I don't get Jeff's hate of Xcom 2. Minor performance issues aside at launch, the game is much improved in every way compared to Enemy Unknown.

First off they weren't minor performance issues and secondly they are still happening. I get drops to 20fps on high settings and no AA with a 980. Witcher 3 runs at a solid 60 on high for me. That's a real game.

Ashby

People in this thread would still be complaining that he never finished that Assassin's Creed review and question why he was on the staff.

God, you just reminded me of that super dark joke Jeff made in the podcast they did after Ryan had passed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we now who is playing RE7? Hopefully Brad? Tell me its Brad.

I don't get Jeff's hate of Xcom 2. Minor performance issues aside at launch, the game is much improved in every way compared to Enemy Unknown.
The impression I got from Jeff in particular is that he had a weird disdain for XCOM 2's PC exclusivity. (From their brief GotY talk, anyways. I don't remember their launch impressions at all.) Out of GB, I think it was Dan that only really played it though, for the QL.

While I wish they gave XCOM 2 more of a chance, they'd probably hate the timers and drop it anyways.

But I wanna! Besides, several members of my squad are Turians which are basically space turtles.
Oh yeah. The Mass Effect squadmates are sooo good. I can't believe how far modding has come; it's amazing.

I still haven't worked up the courage to dive back in to XCOM 2, so I've spent the time building up a giant pool of premade rookies.
I was also frustrated early on because I used to turtle like a motherfucker in XCOM 1, but soon came to like the more aggressive gameplay that the timers encouraged. And the game reinforces that by giving you spells that let you chain multiple kills using a single AP.

The glancing blows though... that's some bullshit right there.

You're gonna love Long War 2.

Curufinwe

The GAF GotY voting is a good reminder of the Giant Bomb bubble. Hopefully the new hire can expand the bubble out a bit so it's not just old dudes with basically the same opinions on games for the next GotY.

I think the reason I tend to return to Pro Skater 4 over all the others is it integrated free skating and just exploring the levels into the campaign, which was always the more fun part of THPS anyway.

Exploring the levels is fun, but the real meat of Tony Hawk has always been busting nutty combos and incorporating as much of the level as you can into it.

Just ask Jeff.

The GAF GotY voting is a good reminder of the Giant Bomb bubble. Hopefully the new hire can expand the bubble out a bit so it's not just old dudes with basically the same opinions on games for the next GotY.

dude they played uncharted

tuxfool

Banned

I don't always agree with their choices, but if that bubble keeps you salty I consider that a net win.

Tubobutts

The most important quality a new GiantBomb hire can have is agreeing with me about GOTY.

seriously though, what's your point

over half of the games on GAF's top ten are in GB's top ten, and the rest of GB's list is populated with games that only one or two people felt strongly about, which goes against your point of them having the same opinions as each other

they have way better reasons to look for a new hire with a fresh perspective than Uncharted 4 not being good enough to make their list

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

2016 has been a good reminder of the Neogaf bubble

pizzacat

Banned
You do realize gaf is in itself a bubble as well right?

Wait are you implying theyre hiring mark cerny?

Tagyhag

The GAF GOTY list is extremely bland. Like, nothing in the top 10 makes you think "Oh wow, people here are pretty creative".

GB's had like 4 games that I could never see on a GAF GOTY list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been watching Amiga and Commodre commercials all day after I finished my interview
batmanpack.jpg

I like the old games...boxes.

The GAF GOTY list is extremely bland. Like, nothing in the top 10 makes you think "Oh wow, people here are pretty creative".

GB's had like 4 games that I could never see on a GAF GOTY list.

We didn't have hustle 'n tussle ways about settling it, either.

That said, I didn't expect TLG, Inside, or FFXV so high on that either.

hamchan

I thought UC4 was a good game and a good end to the series but it really is the typical safe, AAA super popular choice for GOTY that one would get when polling large sample of people.

I'm with Vinny on feeling sort of done with Sherlock after watching that first ep of the new season.
Seriously, I just don't know what happened to that show. I fell in love with season 1 and 2 and loved all the cases. Then season 3 felt weaker but still had something to it that kept me somewhat invested. Season 4 just turned me off entirely and would not be sad if they take a good long break from making a new season.

Lunar FC

They've so completely lost sight of what made that show good. First session is some of my favorite TV ever, but now I just want it to die.

Yep. Feel the same way about the third season of Hannibal. Seems like creators are so afraid of doing the same thing and go in crazy directions that nobody wanted.

weird, I also only just barely made it through the first episode before throwing in the towel on this season. should have left that show dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom