• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

S2E1, A Scandal in Belgravia, is some of the best modern TV ever made. Did far more for the Sherlock character in one episode than all of what seasons 3 and 4 tried to do combined.

Is that the one with
Irene Adler
? If so yeah, that one was cool.

derFeef

Do you see that XB1 list? It's exclusives, so Forza, Gears, and Quantum Break aren't qualified I guess. Rocket League is on that list though so I'm not really sure how it exactly works.

I wish Forza Horizon 3 ranked somewhere on the top 20 games of the year list though.

Forza 3 is just a car game, I mean it's totall the same as every other car game and every year only small iterations, we know what to expect. Unless Uncharted which is totall different every title.

I am a Brad fan but his "it's cars" argument is really silly

Snagret

Do any of you watch Elementary? I've quite enjoyed that.
I watched the first few seasons, Lucy Liu is a national treasure and I love the show's take on Sherlock as a deeply emotionally flawed savant, but after a while I feel like the show ran out of stuff to say and it got a little boring.

I wonder if Vinny watched it...

Permanent move.

Why would that kill GB for you? Sure, it's a (hopefully temporary) blow to GB West, but GBeast have been on fire since Dan joined them.

I don't like GB east at all. I can't stand listening to Alex and Vinny is just alright.

Jeff and Brad are cool but their interaction with Dan is what worked for me.

Unless the new hire is great, i probably won't listen anymore unless it's one of those where they all come together.

Snagret

I don't like GB east at all. I can't stand listening to Alex and Vinny is just alright.

Unless the new hire is great, i probably won't listen anymore unless it's one of those where they all come together.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how bad and wrong they are.

repeater

Oh, don't you worry.
Dan, like his hero Kojima, will keep coming.

danwiimote.gif

Any final predictions on Kish?

I do not think GB. If she's going to stay doing a feature w/ Gamespot, my guess is something independent like helping Danny. Or, there's a reason she's going to be allowed w/ another gig to still do the Resident Evil thing at Gamespot, like working for Capcom. That's in SF, right?

Joeku

I do not think GB. If she's going to stay doing a feature w/ Gamespot, my guess is something independent like helping Danny. Or, there's a reason she's going to be allowed w/ another gig to still do the Resident Evil thing at Gamespot, like working for Capcom. That's in SF, right?

Probably not GB. But that's a damn shame. Easy transition and a clean fit. She's great pretty much every time she's on GB stuff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Kinda Funny said they hired another video producer shortly before Marry announced her departure.

GiantBomb is a family website

2494908-0699284548-ibrTB.gif

Mupod

I thought giantbomb was a no-brainer especially considering the timing. But then I check on GAF and everyone is convinced otherwise so I guess they've been following this whole situation more closely than I was (which is not at all). Probably good not to get my hopes up at least.

I will say that it's been funny finding out how little GAF understands about how big companies and how they hire.

Catvoca

Banned
Kinda Funny said they hired another video producer shortly before Marry announced her departure.

I'm not sure if this will make me watch more Kinda Funny or just make it so that two people I'm fans of will be stuck at an outlet I don't like very much.

The impression I got from Jeff in particular is that he had a weird disdain for XCOM 2's PC exclusivity. (From their brief GotY talk, anyways. I don't remember their launch impressions at all.) Out of GB, I think it was Dan that only really played it though, for the QL.

The only thing he mentioned about the PC version as a platorm was the performance issues he experienced.

Otherwise it was just certain aspects of the game that didn't appeal to him.

I agree with Jeff that the performance and general bugginess of XCOM 2 is magnified by the fact that it was PC-exclusive. Makes it less excusable. Even playing it this far after launch, it still runs like shit and I have bugs in almost every mission.

LiK

I agree with Jeff that the performance and general bugginess of XCOM 2 is magnified by the fact that it was PC-exclusive. Makes it less excusable. Even playing it this far after launch, it still runs like shit and I have bugs in almost every mission.

the technical issues along with the insane RNG def kept it from being in my top fave games even tho i enjoyed the game overall. But they need to learnt o optimize and they should fucking tone down the RNG. I can't believe point blank shots still miss. Bullshit.

the technical issues along with the insane RNG def kept it from being in my top fave games even tho i enjoyed the game overall. But they need to learnt o optimize and they should fucking tone down the RNG. I can't believe point blank shots still miss. Bullshit.

Yesss absolutely. The bullshit is what makes me not feel bad for modding out the aspects of the game I don't like.

I tripled the Avatar Project progress bar, which looks ridiculous in the game UI but I absolutely loath the concept of having a meta-timer when I already hate the mission timers. Oh, and I disabled the non-story mission countdowns too.

justjim89

I wanna see a Brad stream where he plays Hitman until he gets Suit Only, Silent Assassin in Paris. Probably the easiest map to do it in.

daveo42

Banned
FF15 disappointed in the one way a FF game shouldn't: Story. Say what you will about the clusterfuck that was FF13 and it's story/pacing/linearity/characters, it at least had those things. I loved FF15 and would rank it above FF13, but only because I had fun exploring the open world, the dungeons, and that
I f r i t
fight at the end.

Steins;gate 0 got robbed for sure.

I still need to play that. Is it shorter than the first one?

I asked my friend who's deep into the Kinda Funny thing and he thinks it's gonna be some white guy. I dunno.

He'll fit right in, especially if he looks like they kind of guy you'd see on the cover of a hipster magazine.

LiK

FF15 disappointed in the one way a FF game shouldn't: Story. Say what you will about the clusterfuck that was FF13 and it's story/pacing/linearity/characters, it at least had those things. I loved FF15 and would rank it above FF13, but only because I had fun exploring the open world, the dungeons, and that
I f r i t
fight at the end.

I still need to play that. Is it shorter than the first one?

Yea, def felt shorter mainly cuz getting all the endings is much easier.

I wanna see a Brad stream where he plays Hitman until he gets Suit Only, Silent Assassin in Paris. Probably the easiest map to do it in.

Hokkaido is a real easy suit-only SA, too, since you don't have to lay a finger on either of the targets. I did cigarettes + punctured barrel for Yuki and squished Soders' heart.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Purposely spoiled Resident Evil 7 for myself this morning. Clearer mind going into the embargo lifting soon.
I might have to do this, too. I'm kind of a Resident Evil fan and what I've seen so far doesn't do anything for me. I need to see the later parts of the game.

This is old Beastcast/Switch impressions stuff, but I find it kinda crazy that Vinny went from buying octagonal gates for his arcade stick (crazy, but I'm kinda into it) to thinking an analog stick would be okay for playing Street Fighter 2 (also crazy but I can't go with him on that one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom