• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Yakuza 0 this weekend and Jeff is right, it really does start off quicker than the previous games (at least the ones I've played).

Its really got me in the mood for more so I think once I'm done with 0 I might pull out the old PS3 and replay 4 then move onto 5.

Joeku

Ahhh SOMA. This game still stays with me and it probably will so, forever. If it wasn't for Silent Hill 2, this would have been the best horror game out there but that title goes to SH2 and I'm sure we'll never get a game like SH2.

SOMA is the Italian food finger kiss of horror games.

Just...mwah.

Edit: And as someone who only played SH2 for the first time like a year ago, I fucking love SH2. But one explicitly goes after existential crises while the other goes after interpersonal crises. It's almost hard to compare them that way.

robotrock

Banned
I'm going to save some money in March by not buying Nier and just waiting until the PC version comes out. I want that game pretty bad, but Zelda is probably going to have me occupied enough that I can wait.

SOMA is the Italian food finger kiss of horror games.

Just...mwah.

Edit: And as someone who only played SH2 for the first time like a year ago, I fucking love SH2. But one explicitly goes after existential crises while the other goes after interpersonal crises. It's almost hard to compare them that way.

silenthill2wlatw.gif

YES, I agree. But, SH2 really goes all out in it's themes and the questions that surrounds them. 15 years after playing the game and I still remember most of it vividly and I get abit emotional whenever I think about the final act of the game. Uff, as if that wasn't enough...the game had to have an amazing soundtrack. If you've never seen the playthrough with Guy Cihi(James) commentary, I highly recommend you do so. It's fucking amazing.

Part 1
Part 2

I wish there was an easy way to play the Silent Hill games. want to check out 2 so bad...that's the one with the dog right?

...what? anyway, easiest/best way is probably playing them on pcsx2 if you've got a computer than can handle it. the HD versions are bad for a lot of reasons.

Meguro

Banned
Silent Hill 2 is one of the greatest videogames ever made.

If you want to play it emulating the PS2 version is probably your best bet?
The PC version is all kinds of fucked, as is the HD remaster.

Oh wow, is that guy who played James in SH2? I need to watch that.

Yes. It's really great to see just how passionate he is about the game and he remembers fuck tons of behind the scenes stuff.

I wish there was an easy way to play the Silent Hill games. want to check out 2 so bad...that's the one with the dog right?

This is the shittiest thing about it all is that you'd have to go through hoops to play a good version of that game if you didn't already own it.

e: Also yes, that's the one with the dog ending.

Catvoca

Banned
it's not even digital anywhere. and discs go for more than you'd think. I got lucky and found one for $11

Discs are upwards from €30 where I am and they're pretty hard to find. Wish they'd just port it to new consoles and include it in a package like with bayonetta 1/2.

tesqui

Live RE7 quicklook would be nice, but I also want to go in blind.. Yeah I'll probably watch once I've played the first few hours.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Eh as someone with no nostalgia for Mega man I kind of feel the same about it now as I do every other time someone plays it on the site, gets old quick.

But ok if you feel that strongly I'm ok to trade Ranking of Fighters or UPF instead

I'd be willing to make that deal. Fighting games don't count as content anyway

daveo42

Banned
3, 4(Room) & Shattered Memories are all good. They do not compare to 2 though, 2 is like on a whole other level. The tragic thing about all this though is that the series is pretty much dead and buried at this point.

True on all points, though I never got around to playing SM. I kind of gave up on the series as a whole after development moved away from Team Silent. Also, I'm glad someone else likes SH4. I feel it gets far too much undeserved hate.

RE7 is the kind of game that I'll love watching other people play but probably won't actually play myself. I love horror movies but for some reason I just can't handle horror games that have "run and hide" elements.

Joeku

Shattered Memories is not only the best Silent Hill game, it's also kinda the best game on the Wii.

That shit rocks you to your core.

Shattered Memories is not only the best Silent Hill game, it's also kinda the best game on the Wii.

That shit rocks you to your core.

No lies detected, it's pretty much the ONLY way to play that game.

True on all points, though I never got around to playing SM. I kind of gave up on the series as a whole after development moved away from Team Silent. Also, I'm glad someone else likes SH4. I feel it gets far too much undeserved hate.

It's really good. It kind of is better than 3 and Room to be honest. I also feel that about Room as well, I commend them for trying out something so weird and fresh yet is still connected to that world in a different way.

Joeku

Shattered Memories is different to the rest of Silent Hill the way that RE4 is different to RE1-3, and RE7 is different to RE4-6. It's a new angle on the psychological "fuck you", and it is served so well by the Wii's successes and faults. It really makes the best of what the Wii can and can't do.

daveo42

Banned
It's really good. It kind of is better than 3 and Room to be honest. I also feel that about Room as well, I commend them for trying out something so weird and fresh yet is still connected to that world in a different way.

Man that's a high bar for me. Wii the best way to play it I suppose? Any other decent options?

Also anyone talking shit about ranking of fighters good bye forever youre banned

Go to jail

But what if I have this?
get-out-of-jail-free-card-world-supplement.jpg

LiK

I love Jason but he and Jeff don't exactly bounce off each other that well. They need just one more person to give the feature some more energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom