• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Not surprising. I went and looked it up after failing the first time. Sucks because that also ruined the
Adachi
reveal.

I think that was already ruined for Jeff by some art book or soundtrack Atlus sent them? Could be wrong, he mentioned it years ago.

bjork

I don't like GB east at all. I can't stand listening to Alex and Vinny is just alright.

Jeff and Brad are cool but their interaction with Dan is what worked for me.

Unless the new hire is great, i probably won't listen anymore unless it's one of those where they all come together.

tumblr_nlbwqiY6Pi1u5eu8ao1_250.gif

LiK

Ah alright just watching the videos it seemed like they fell backwards into it

It was actually a good thing. I believe they mentioned they wouldn't have bothered to replay it for the true ending and it's pretty missable. So that was one spoiler I didn't mind them knowing at the time.

See Manchester By the Sea if you want to feel like killing yourself.

I can't wait for it to hit bluray. Really want to see it and Moonlight.

What the BBC really needs is another Jane Austen adaptation.

As long as David Attenborough does what he needs to do, It's all good.

Looking at other outlets, I vastly prefer their list. It's also pretty damn varied. Not like, you know, in a bubble.

edit: Oh man, I just saw the GAF GotY.

GB made a really damn good list this year.

Rykert got himself an OLED:

He did good. I got an E6 last year and it's quite something.

Wow those are some high scores for RE7! I really hope PCVR support comes sooner than later.

[EDIT] Word on the street is 1-year PSVR exclusive. That fucking sucks.

Joeku

I don't know exactly why, but based on the demo and whatnot, I feel like there's a whole thing, like another dimension, about RE7 that I don't even know about. If that is the case, I'm looking forward to seeing something that's totally unknown to me.

Big fan of the RE franchise, I'm the classic fan(1-Code: Veronica). Very happy to see the new one reviewing well and while I'm not a big fan of the change(emphasis on the atmosphere being very quite and all instead of the amazing OST playing throughout is one example). I'm still however very excited to play the game.

Meguro

Banned
Reviews all sound pretty good but the amount of jumpscares that seem to be in there make it a no-buy for now.
I can't stand jumpscares and will actively avoid playing games that use them plenty.
A shame since the rest that's in there sounds good.

Joeku

I am so glad resident evil is good again.

When capcom puts all their effort into something they can still produce

Given the speed of the gameplay and the lack of a quadro-campaign, this probably cost a fuckload less to produce than RE6 did. It is about being smart instead of being big.

The only Resident Evil I played beginning to end was RE4. Played it at GameCube launch, and enjoyed it. Would still rank it very high on the list of favorite games I ever played. I did try a bunch of the others, but gave up at various points. I think RE7 will need a price drop for me to give it a chance as I have a very low average of like/dislike. In fact, I think I like more movies that games (even though many of those are trash).

I did really enjoy the likes of SOMA and Outcast though. Condemed too. First person horror is something I really like... but still cannot bring myseld to dive into RE7 right now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's my problem, though. I like the action RE, even 6. Any review out there from someone with similar taste?

BearPawB

Banned
Given the speed of the gameplay and the lack of a quadro-campaign, this probably cost a fuckload less to produce than RE6 did. It is about being smart instead of being big.

Oh I am sure it was dramatically cheaper.
Resident Evil went from survival horror to action blockbuster.

And while I enjoyed the action blockbusters for what they were, I am glad they were brave enough to make a change.

Watson was a cyborg

In my head I remembered him being a head in a jar on a robot body, which would make him a cyborg, but in the video I posted it's an android named Watson.

So which is it?

I think its a cyborg

Just going off blind memory but I think watson was frozen too but his cryogenics messed up and in order to save him they had to turn him into a robot

Moriarity also turned into a bat. Again blind memory at this point. I should...watch it again.

Just give it a few months and on PC someone will do the SOMA thing and mod out all the horrifying stuff.

Ahhh SOMA. This game still stays with me and it probably will do so, forever. If it wasn't for Silent Hill 2, this would have been the best horror game out there but that title goes to SH2 and I'm sure we'll never get a game like SH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom