• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I love Jason but he and Jeff don't exactly bounce off each other that well. They need just one more person to give the feature some more energy.

The new guy/gal maybe? I mean, the only other options are Drew, Rorie, and Brad.

Not really. I feel like you'll lose something by playing it on a console that isn't the Wii and it's motion controls.

I guess it's time to look and see about getting a copy of the game.

popo

Early contender for Best Surprise in GOTY 2017.

I think everyone just assumed, based on their recent track record, that RE7 would be awful - mediocre if you were a die hard optimist.

Man that's a high bar for me. Wii the best way to play it I suppose? Any other decent options?
PS2 version is based off the severely downgraded PSP port so the Wii is definitely the way to go. And unfortunately I remember dolphin support being very poor and causing lots of artifacts with snow and such to the point of being unplayable.

daveo42

Banned
PS2 version is based off the PSP port so the Wii is definitely the way to go. And unfortunately I remember dolphin support being very poor and causing lots of artifacts with snow and such to the point of being unplayable.

I've got a Wii U so I'm set there. It's more finding the game now as opposed to a place to play it.

VOncqnZ.png

I've got a Wii U so I'm set there. It's more finding the game now as opposed to a place to play it.

That's fantastic then. One, Bradley Shoemaker reviewed the game.

Hindl

huh, who's playing

Based on how he titled Dead Rising, I'm going to bet it's Brad

I also want to play Watch_Dogs 2. I wish it was coming to Switch I could see myself fucking around with San Francisco before I go to bed each night

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yesss absolutely. The bullshit is what makes me not feel bad for modding out the aspects of the game I don't like.

I tripled the Avatar Project progress bar, which looks ridiculous in the game UI but I absolutely loath the concept of having a meta-timer when I already hate the mission timers. Oh, and I disabled the non-story mission countdowns too.

Which mods are you using?

I haven't had any issues with the in-game timers so far but I would rather have these handy in case they become a nuisance. It may help that I am playing on easy. From what I had read, the game is difficult even on easy, though I am not really finding that to be overtly true just yet (only 4 hours in).

Man, this quarter is mad.

- Resident Evil (actually good!)
- Zelda
- Mass Effect
- Ghost Recon
- For Honour
- Horizon

There a number of games I'd be day one for if it weren't so packed.

Horizon and Zelda and less than a week apart and those are two must plays for me. Nier is the week after, and I'm holding off for the PC version. Mass Effect and Ghost Recon are benched til later. Then April is Persona 5 all the way, so I might hold off on Yooka-Laylee. And this is the first week in a long time I bought two games with Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0.

Mupod

Early contender for Best Surprise in GOTY 2017.

I think everyone just assumed, based on their recent track record, that RE7 would be awful - mediocre if you were a die hard optimist.

I was extremely guarded about RE7, not because of recent RE games but because of the way they were showing it off. For all I knew it would be nothing but hiding in closets with a few throwaway minor enemy encounters. The overzealous fanboys in the threads put me on edge too, shit talking anybody who happened to like RE4 onwards.

Anyways it was kind of like the Doom situation where all I'd seen was bad players on the console version and the shit multiplayer, but once I saw how the game actually plays I was all in. In RE7's case I just needed to see how an early boss fight played out.
GROOVY

Really, all I wanted out of RE was the Revelations formula but bent more towards the survival horror aspect, and with production values befitting RE. I've seen RE7 described as exactly that, and I'm hoping that's true.

I jumped in on a Switch so the only game I'm getting this quarter is Zelda, unless Persona 5 counts. Which is a shame, because I really wanted to get Resi and Nier, buuuuuuuut money.

My loyalty to Zelda is pretty self-destructive.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm probably in the minority but I thought RE7 always looked good. Everything they've said about it + the demos were all really interesting to me and I'm not a like a die-hard RE fan. It is reviewing better than I expected though, and I'm surprised to hear that playing it with PSVR is great, maybe even the best way to play it.

Which mods are you using?

I haven't had any issues with the in-game timers so far but I would rather have these handy in case they become a nuisance. It may help that I am playing on easy. From what I had read, the game is difficult even on easy, though I am not really finding that to be overtly true just yet (only 4 hours in).

Slower Avatar Project Progression
Disable Timers (once added, you won't be able to load new saves without it installed)
Stop Wasting My Time - This removes a lot of unnecessary pauses and unskippable dialogue and whatnot.

+ a ton a Mass Effect character and weapon stuff, and Titanfall character props.

Kaizer

Banned
I got Watch Dogs 2 during Christmas, tried to play it then & it just wasn't clicking with me. Put it aside for a few weeks while I finished up FFXV & put some time into Dishonored 2 and decided to try playing it again this past weekend. Holy Shit - this game is fun, way better than the first one. The setting & lighter tone are a breath of fresh air compared to the drab boringness of the first one.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

justjim89

Fuck, you guys. Closing in on 120 hours in Hitman and I just discovered something new about Bankok, probably old news but you can
actually get Jordan Cross to murder Ken Morgan for you if you make them cross paths. What's more, Jordan calls his dad afterwards weeping saying "Dad... it happened again..."

GOTY every year.

Kattbuss

I haven't listened to the whole Beastcast yet so I don't know if it comes up again. But thus far I'm disappointed that no one made the obvious Optimus Crime joke when talking about a evil twin to Optimus Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom