• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Most mods work fine with achievements. There really isn't any sanctity left in Steam achievements anyway.

Good to know. I don't usually mess with mods that frequently. Steam Workshop support is as close as I get usually.

The only reason I look at achievements is to gauge how much I've played against friends or the average # of game owners.

GBeast provides sooo much content, kinda incredible actually

I honestly think GBWest tend to overthink the content they plan to put out and deliver too much on long term plans in contrast to East where they just do something whenever they feel like it and pump the stuff out, thus people enjoying East a lot more in the moment. That's how I feel anyway. I think West is just very skippable to me at the moment.

East = Smackdown

West = Monday Night Raw

Good to know. I don't usually mess with mods that frequently. Steam Workshop support is as close as I get usually.

The only reason I look at achievements is to gauge how much I've played against friends or the average # of game owners.

Yep I just use them as records of what I've done. There are single-click cheats for Steam games that will just give you all a game's achievements.

I just can't find any value in these "make your own fun!" type games like Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza, or Hitman. The gameplay has to be fun at a fundamental level for me to like enjoy them. I'm just not creative enough like Vinny is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just can't find any value in these "make your own fun!" type games like Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza, or Hitman. The gameplay has to be fun at a fundamental level for me to like enjoy them. I'm just not creative enough like Vinny is.

Yakuza's not really a make your own fun game. It's more like a JRPG with brawler mechanics and more J-Drama themes.

Have you tried Hitman? I definitely feel like the gameplay is fun at a fundamental level, gives you so many options!

Have you tried Hitman? I definitely feel like the gameplay is fun at a fundamental level, gives you so many options!

I'm just too lazy to engage those options. I will pick the path of least resistance, and if it doesn't work, I'll give up. I'm like Jeff mentioning that when he played Bioshock he just upgraded the wrench the whole time since it was the first weapon they gave him.

Yakuza's not really a make your own fun game. It's more like a JRPG with brawler mechanics and more J-Drama themes.

I don't think any of those games he's mentioned are "make your own fun." I view that genre like the Minecrafts/Kerbals/etc, games that very specifically don't have stories or set goals.

popo

I jumped in on a Switch so the only game I'm getting this quarter is Zelda, unless Persona 5 counts. Which is a shame, because I really wanted to get Resi and Nier, buuuuuuuut money.

My loyalty to Zelda is pretty self-destructive.

If I decide to keep my pre-order, I intend to finish Zelda and then - if there are still shortages - flip my Switch (lol) for as close to what I paid for it as possible. I can then re-buy it some time in 2018 (I can wait for mario).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think any of those games he's mentioned are "make your own fun." I view that genre like the Minecrafts/Kerbals/etc, games that very specifically don't have stories or set goals.

I wouldn't say they are either but I'd say Just Cause is more like a 'make your own fun game'. Which is hwy I never enjoyed that series. Saints Row might be crazy but it has focus and an attempt at a story. Just Cause just felt like a bunch of missions that were more suggestions ad the crazy stuff you could do rather than actual missions.

kind of like GTA Online feels.

Zornack

If I decide to keep my pre-order, I intend to finish Zelda and then - if there are still shortages - flip my Switch (lol) for as close to what I paid for it as possible. I can then re-buy it some time in 2018 (I can wait for mario).

Where'd you pre-order it from? Depending on where you get it and how long Zelda takes you to finish you might be able to just return it for a full refund.

jaina

That's a commendable strategy.
I could do the same if I didn't care about Splatoon 2 and weren't too lazy for flipping.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Fuck, you guys. Closing in on 120 hours in Hitman and I just discovered something new about Bankok, probably old news but you can
actually get Jordan Cross to murder Ken Morgan for you if you make them cross paths. What's more, Jordan calls his dad afterwards weeping saying "Dad... it happened again..."

GOTY every year.

Are you fucking kidding me

justjim89

Are you fucking kidding me

No I am not. Here's how:

-Use the exterminator costume to talk to the hotel manager, 47 will tell her he intends to spray the penthouse and needs it emptied. Cross and his crew will make their way to the lobby.
-As they do so, equip the hotel staff disguise and talk to Ken Morgan. 47 will tell Morgan his suite is ready and Morgan will follow 47 with his bodyguard in tow.
-As soon as Cross sees Morgan when he gets to the lobby, he'll run over to him and cause a scene. Morgan will suggest they go up to Morgan's own suite so they can talk privately.
-????
-MURDER!

I honestly think GBWest tend to overthink the content they plan to put out and deliver too much on long term plans in contrast to East where they just do something whenever they feel like it and pump the stuff out, thus people enjoying East a lot more in the moment. That's how I feel anyway. I think West is just very skippable to me at the moment.

East = Smackdown

West = Monday Night Raw

Dan is James Ellsworth.

Alex is Dean Ambrose.

Vinny is Daniel Bryan.

Dan is James Ellsworth.

Alex is Dean Ambrose.

Vinny is Daniel Bryan.

Vinny is clearly the face that runs the place;

tumblr_o5dl6nruUs1qke3reo2_400.gif

Watched Commando with the Films & 40's podcast. So sad that we won't see anymore of these. Thank god I haven't watched The Hunt for Red October one yet.

Vinny's choice for Brock winning the Royal Rumble just seems so ominous to me. Like I really do think he's gonna win it. I just love how that was his go-to answer. Mostly cause that's the only wrestler he remembers, which is something to be said about the industry today.

justjim89

Vinny's choice for Brock winning the Royal Rumble just seems so ominous to me. Like I really do think he's gonna win it. I just love how that was his go-to answer. Mostly cause that's the only wrestler he remembers, which is something to be said about the industry today.

Wait, Vinny talked wrestling?

During his stream?

Also, I'm really sad we're not gonna get a Rumble prediction Powerbombcast.

Wait, Vinny talked wrestling?

During his stream?

Also, I'm really sad we're not gonna get a Rumble prediction Powerbombcast.

It was on Blue Bombin, Dan asks VInny who he's got for the Rumble and in just mere seconds he says, "Uhhh Brock."

I thought that was funny for some reason.

And also cause he chose the person who's winning it.

justjim89

It was on Blue Bombin, Dan asks VInny who he's got for the Rumble and in just mere seconds he says, "Uhhh Brock."

I thought that was funny for some reason.

And also cause he chose the person who's winning it.

Ohhh ok. Vinny getting into wrestling would be really funny, I think. Like if his kids got into or something and he was kinda forced to watch it.

Meneses

No I am not. Here's how:

-Use the exterminator costume to talk to the hotel manager, 47 will tell her he intends to spray the penthouse and needs it emptied. Cross and his crew will make their way to the lobby.
-As they do so, equip the hotel staff disguise and talk to Ken Morgan. 47 will tell Morgan his suite is ready and Morgan will follow 47 with his bodyguard in tow.
-As soon as Cross sees Morgan when he gets to the lobby, he'll run over to him and cause a scene. Morgan will suggest they go up to Morgan's own suite so they can talk privately.
-????
-MURDER!

It is pretty great. Better yet, the challenge name is
"Oops I did it again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom